MilfMaster90

Sep 26, 2017
Fan Sig:
View attachment 246747
link:
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.com/2019/02/260276_cobd-fan1.gif
Going to wait for at least one more version before doing others.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Nice, doc Hamilton looks great but I’ll wait for some signatures with Victoria.

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
I never expected anything less, the game had me hooked since the second scene....

Secret Scenes if anyone wants to take a peek.
Is this photo gallery pics? Couldn't activate it on play-through so will try again later.
Nice, doc Hamilton looks great but I’ll wait for some signatures with Victoria.
Same (Because redheads). Also Ellen as another option.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
@Philly_Games As someone also making a cyberpunk game, I'll straight up admit how jealous I am at how disgustingly good this game is. Really solid writing. Astoundingly good visuals. It's inspiring to see what can be achieved if enough care and effort is put into something, but also somewhat deflating to realize how much us other devs need to step up our game. I hate speaking in hyperbole, but to me at least, this game is by far and away the best initial release I've ever played. So kudos to you.

Also, I hope you don't mind answering a couple technical questions, but I believe I read somewhere you're using octane? If so, can I ask what gpu you have, and what your average rendering time per image is? Since we're also using octane, I'm just curious. And secondly, what's the extent of the post work done on the renders? If possible, I'd love to even see an example of a raw vs post work render.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Nice intro to the game (took me a while to play it, had to white-list the download on my AV), lot of pretty girls and quite a few pretty Asian girls, cool scenery and good music. Looking forward for the rest of the story. And surely there won't a Stella repeat happening to a love interest, right? I can dream, lol. If it does, maybe they become a cyborg later. So, the pretty muscular girl Sonja is the protagonist's wife/ex-wife. Looks like it's becoming a trend for Philly's protagonists to have some type of marriage problem or it's just a coincidence, lol. When getting on the tram, I noticed posters of games "Timestamps, Unconditional Love" & "The Red Room" (never played them myself, but i recognized the art). And lot of references to Depraved Awakenings, like the gun named Stella and images of Judy & Christina during Ellen's scene.

@Philly_Games any chances later on of a Kaneda's Bike Slide reference of Akira?

Reactions: Namco15

Renetta

Jan 30, 2018
Does this game have the same stupid and confusing point system like DA had that makes you miss content ???

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@Conviction07 Sure. I am running at 1080ti and a 2080ti which thanks to support i was able to get right after DA. I do run octane and things are changing a bit for me because the first half of this version i had barely a clue what i was doing. Now i do to a degree. So let's take a render I did after i got the hang of things and one of my favorites.

1550294049445.png ch1corpvisit18.jpg

First image is from lightroom before post just took a screen grab cause i cant save out without removing the color grade. So i set my color grade in light room. Takes a few minutes to do for one render in a scene then i copy that grade to all other renders in said scene. Then save them all out. After that i clean up any really bad pixellation and then sharpen areas i want to sharpen. So an entire scene is about 30 minutes now of post work. This can change if there is something crazy happening like dust flying through the air or what not but typical shots its not bad. I try to do everything in render.

The reason the color looks so off in the first is because i use what is known as linear light in octane. This gives much more flexibility during post. In octane i will preview it with a few different luts to ensure i have nice shadows and contrast because the linear wont show that. When I'm happy with the render i switch back to linear add any post effects from octane that i want to it then save it.

That image was about 25 minutes i think. Some though can be an hour others can be 10 minutes, I am also on average for this release going to 15K iterations per shot, i'm going to lower that a bit next release to probably do 10 to 12 k and denoise it in octane to remove grain in the Dof, I am not seeing a loss in quality. I did this on the final shots of the game with the big guy. Also note I'm using the path tracing kernel not direct light in octane.

proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
This coming from Philly-Games meant that I had to download it right away.

Intro didn't disappoint. Gorgeous renders we are accustomed to and some nice accompanying music. Was wandering what Philly's next project would look like, as I immensely enjoyed Film Noir atmosphere of DA. That game surely left some big shoes to be filled.
This has nice transition to Cyberpunk and, at least to me, has that original Blade Runner vibe.
Looks like another winner from Philly-Games.
Time to reshuffle my pledges.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
@Conviction07 Sure. I am running at 1080ti and a 2080ti which thanks to support i was able to get right after DA. I do run octane and things are changing a bit for me because the first half of this version i had barely a clue what i was doing. Now i do to a degree. So let's take a render I did after i got the hang of things and one of my favorites.

View attachment 246762 View attachment 246761

First image is from lightroom before post just took a screen grab cause i cant save out without removing the color grade. So i set my color grade in light room. Takes a few minutes to do for one render in a scene then i copy that grade to all other renders in said scene. Then save them all out. After that i clean up any really bad pixellation and then sharpen areas i want to sharpen. So an entire scene is about 30 minutes now of post work. This can change if there is something crazy happening like dust flying through the air or what not but typical shots its not bad. I try to do everything in render.

The reason the color looks so off in the first is because i use what is known as linear light in octane. This gives much more flexibility during post. In octane i will preview it with a few different luts to ensure i have nice shadows and contrast because the linear wont show that. When I'm happy with the render i switch back to linear add any post effects from octane that i want to it then save it.

That image was about 25 minutes i think. Some though can be an hour others can be 10 minutes, I am also on average for this release going to 15K iterations per shot, i'm going to lower that a bit next release to probably do 10 to 12 k and denoise it in octane to remove grain in the Dof, I am not seeing a loss in quality. I did this on the final shots of the game with the big guy. Also note I'm using the path tracing kernel not direct light in octane.
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. I've been using lightroom myself over the last couple weeks and its amazing how much more efficient it can be than using just photoshop. I used to do post on every render individually, whereas now I can just create a custom preset in lightroom.

Since I'm not the games artist (I do the writing and post work), I have virtually zero knowledge about octane, and the learning curve seems pretty daunting compared to iray. But I think it's about time I bite the bullet and finally start learning. Also, can I just ask what the reason was for switching over to octane, and any advantages or disadvantages you've noticed between the two?

4.80 star(s) 394 Votes