balinorr

Apr 25, 2017
It's how the genre works! If you aren't trying to fuck anything you can bad things will happen. That's why I knew I was on the right path when I had no option except to fuck Chandra. /s

Tbh it sounds like a bug.
been wondering, what abby thing? the only character my MC slept with was victoria and i saved abby (albiet a high one) from the club and there was no need to sleep with anyone else, enlighten me please!

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Last version I played was 3.1.1. I had a lot of things gong on and this was the first DL I had a chance to do since then. Extracted to proper location and it stopped at the same place it was before I added it and the version number on the menu screen still reads 3.1.1.

Any suggestions? No mods.
My suggestion: delete all previous versions, donwload new update as soon as Philly fixes the bug and enjoy this masterpiece from the beginning.

Second suggestion: Did you overwrite the old version and the new in the same folder by any chance?

Challenge

Donor
Aug 1, 2018
Second suggestion: Did you overwrite the old version and the new in the same folder by any chance?
That's pretty much how most Ren'Py upgrades have worked with every other game using this engine I've played -- including this one until now.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
That's pretty much how most Ren'Py upgrades have worked with every other game using this engine I've played -- including this one until now.
Don't do that, it is bound to end up breaking the game. Unzip the new update in a new folder and delete the old one.
Renpy keeps your old saves in a hidden folder in C: so you won't lose any progress.

Reactions: icesun

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
Nope, it's not (or at least it shouldn't be) - the main Download section in each thread provides the whole thing - and replacing files causes problems quite regularly.
I always handle it this way:
Download new version - extract into my "stuff" folder (without merging anything) - quick virus check - quick check if everything's starting up - delete the old version.
Never had any issues this way.
(And you don't have to care about savegames, at least on windows, since they're stored in your user profile.)

Last edited:

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Nope, it's not - the main Download section in each thread provides the whole thing - and replacing files causes problems quite regularly.
I always handle it this way:
Download new version - extract into my "stuff" folder (without merging anything) - quick virus check - quick check if everything's starting up - delete the old version.
Never had any issues this way.
(And you don't have to care about savegames, at least on windows, since they're stored in your user profile.)
^ this. Never had issues.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
&, if they're not (my save games do not store in my profile), they can be found in Title Folder\game\saves
Just copy the old "saves" folder to the new "game" folder

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Last version I played was 3.1.1. I had a lot of things gong on and this was the first DL I had a chance to do since then. Extracted to proper location and it stopped at the same place it was before I added it and the version number on the menu screen still reads 3.1.1.

Any suggestions? No mods.
Sounds as though you may have inadvertently deleted the 5.0 extracted folder and retained the prior 3.1.1 version?
Mine's definitely running 5.0

1576269482128.png

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Damn that ending had me on the edge of my seat I hope that's not the end of Ellen I hope that Gloria never finds out about what actually happened she has been through enough and I think that would just break the poor girl:( enjoyed the Chandra scene was nice to see some more of Abby as well hope for more of those two in future updates. I liked the short Shanlon scene we had as well when she called us the MC playing hard to get with her you just know it's going to driver her crazy and ask for some more :p

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Fuuuck...I love this game!

Am I the only one that ships Henry and Gloria?

I know it will probably not happen, but I really like the Henry Gloria relationship!

This game is epic!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mormont

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Am I the only one that ships Henry and Gloria?
I'd say they do have a closeness and that bond with each other but I think he sees her as a daughter and that he will always be her protector, I think there will be a spark between her and the MC eventually like in that dream they just need more time together but then again the MC could always end up being her protector especially if Henry goes for round two

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I'd say they do have a closeness and that bond with each other but I think he sees her as a daughter and that he will always be her protector, I think there will be a spark between her and the MC eventually like in that dream they just need more time together but then again the MC could always end up being her protector especially if Henry goes for round two
Yeah, there is a bit of a father daughter relationship, but he would do anything for her, and it seems that he is the only person that she trusts completely. To be honest, not that I don't like the MC, but I actually like Henry more as a character.

I would not have minded if we played him as the MC.

The current MC is awesome though, so not complaining.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer
4.70 star(s) 406 Votes