- - - PIXELDRAIN

Mac:

- - -
PIXELDRAIN
please fix "COMPESSED" spelling, can't find in search using compressed

Reactions: Azfar

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
If I can be honest without any intention of offending fans of the game, I really do not find Philly's writing, to put it gently, enchanting. Yes, he has a very interesting foundation for a story, but the brickwork on it is all over the place. I sincerely picked the game because I got hooked with the character Katie, but the way her route is handled and how almost forgettable her contribution is to the entire plot felt.. disappointing, to say the least.

Even the writing for other routes felt wonky in some areas. Romancing Victoria just never felt right in any opportunity as the way dialogues are exchanged made me feel like either an asshole using her like a tool or a weirdo who is barely in control of the encounter. Victoria ends up calling the shots no matter when I decide to have sex.

I actually felt it was a better reading experience when rejecting girls. Yea I know rejecting girls in an AVN. GG me. But, sincerely I dunno, maybe it's my own perspective that isn't syncing with Philly's direction but after playing other dev works, I'm cent percent certain that I can handle both gentle and harsh MC personalities just fine. It's just somehow I fail to slide into COBD seat when trying to experience either.

Last edited:

Bmagada

Dec 18, 2021
Its a two part finale. People crying need to chill. Of course its not gonna be satisfying, its a cliffhanger and all narratives build to an end. All stories have lulls in them. The writing didn't "drop off", you just seem to think this isn't one complete narrative, you're acting like every chapter is a sequel or a stand alone episode. All the action out of the way and onto the conclusion and probably all of the different outcomes, which should be a lot.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Am I the only one who kept getting an error during the scene where the MC tries to persuade the Red Moon not to kill Victoria?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(There were several iterations of this error with different line numbers as the scene went on, too.)

I was using a patched version of the previous installation (rather than downloading the complete v1.14 from scratch), but I've been doing that for a while without any issues.
I got same errors, so I opened command line and put in "ch14redmoonscore=0". It defined this variable and so resolved error.
I expect, that there will be more permanent solution, but this work for now.
I used the chapter14-patch-1.14.0.zip provided by Rhykio with no mods & did not encounter any errors.

In that version it's impossible to get your error, ch14redmoonscore is explicitly declared in script.rpy:
Code:
default ch14redmoonscore = 1
Even loading a save from ch13 I have a ch14redmoonscore of 1.

My guess would be in your version script.rpy wasn't updated to include this new variable declaration.

Milliardo

Jul 31, 2018
Its a two part finale. People crying need to chill. Of course its not gonna be satisfying, its a cliffhanger and all narratives build to an end. All stories have lulls in them. The writing didn't "drop off", you just seem to think this isn't one complete narrative, you're acting like every chapter is a sequel or a stand alone episode. All the action out of the way and onto the conclusion and probably all of the different outcomes, which should be a lot.
In the ch14 case to honest I think he should had just waited and release with the 15, is 30m or and 1 scene.

Reactions: iev

JamesDixon69

Jan 22, 2021
The game jumped the shark the moment Chandra is introduced in Chapter 1 and revealed to be the daughter of the Big Bad. The MC and Henry are treated as complete morons that couldn't come up with a plan to save either of their lives and have to be rescued by women constantly. The amount of bumbling around by MC Chucklefuck just really boggles the mind on how he became a US Army Special Operations soldier and survived considering he doesn't do the smart things like breaking into the Big Bad's computer system at home when he's banging the daughter. Henry was played off as an idiot instead of a properly trained USMC sergeant major. A rank that is more administrative as it is part of the top enlisted ranks of the Marines.

0/10 on this pile of shit due to the amount of holes in plot and logic.

Writer of this game, I suggest you spend more time researching what SOCOM soldiers do to understand that they do not go into a mission without a plan. The entire Big Bad would have been resolved in Chapter 3 at the earliest by a simple kidnapping or assassination at her home.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 394 Votes