Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I really can't understand why you are complaining there are no sex scenes. What did you expect? MC fucking his bitches while the robots are shooting them? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I can't help but agree with the fact that the update is too damn fucking short. It definitely WAS NOT worth the wait.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I really can't understand why you are complaining there are no sex scenes. What did you expect? MC fucking his bitches while the robots are shooting them? :rolleyes:
Multitasking.
Anyway, I can't help but agree with the fact that the update is too damn fucking short. It definitely WAS NOT worth the wait.
That's where the lack of H-Scenes comes into play. Had there been "more" a couple of scenes could have been added.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I used the chapter14-patch-1.14.0.zip provided by Rhykio with no mods & did not encounter any errors.

In that version it's impossible to get your error, ch14redmoonscore is explicitly declared in script.rpy:
Code:
default ch14redmoonscore = 1
Even loading a save from ch13 I have a ch14redmoonscore of 1.

My guess would be in your version script.rpy wasn't updated to include this new variable declaration.
I initially used the patch from the OP, and I did copy over the scripts.rpa file file from the patch. I tried again with the patch from your link and hit the same error.

I was, however, able to fix the error by loading an earlier save and replaying Chapter 14. So I'm guessing the issue lies with my tendency to save the game at the "To be continued" screen between chapters. Somehow that's preventing the right variable from being declared.

Reactions: Meushi

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
The update has been up for 15 hours and there aren't even 5 new pages of comments.
This week, a minority game like Long Story Short had an update and it had 8 new pages just in the first day.
That speaks volumes. What does it speak of? I'm not totally sure myself, but it's definitely concerning.

I understand and agree with much of the criticism the game's writing has received after the huge clash where Henry protected Gloria. You know what scene I'm talking about. After that, in my opinion the story's progession halted dramatically and the writing got worse. It's not DMD level bad :Kappa:, but it isn't 2019-2021 CoBD's level either, let's be honest.

That being said, a major complaint of almost everyone was that the game turned into a grotesque fuck-fest where our runaway MC went around without a care in the world other than to nail one of his LIs. Keeping this in mind, it strikes me as really absurd to criticize the lack of sexual scenes in this latest update (which I haven't played yet, I must clarify that). The story is being primed for the game's finale, so if anything it makes a lot of sense to put off the fuckfest for a while and focus on what has been the weakest spot of the game for the last couple of years.

EDIT: Corrected appalling typo.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 394 Votes