• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
What the fuck....I skipped the whole game again just to make a save to see the scene where...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But the scene has no gore, not even the drama I'd imagine. Disappointing...

Reactions: Isabella69

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
It would really be difficult for the ghost to win Red Moon, but in one game anything can happen, right:unsure:
Henry with all that strength couldn't win it's understandable but also the shit he went through made him a little weaker in my opinion. Now if it was that badass Henry from the beginning of the game there would be a good fight between him and Red Moon just the two without interference then yes it would be different... but I understand you the game tries to be as realistic as possible it would suck for the ghost to defeat him when even Henry couldn't but i would like to see him try until the ghost dies i would like an ending like mc sacrificing himself.

Well I would like to see that kind of power in Gloria but it would be a bit too far too it would be a crazy mess but anyway that's what i think i just hope the game has at least seven endings or even more the game itself deserves a large number of sad and happy endings :D

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
What the fuck....I skipped the whole game again just to make a save to see the scene where...

Yeah i've been through this in many games it sucks but damn you like to see victoria die huh :HideThePain:
just reading this makes me sad as fuck even more knowing there wasn't at least some drama and blood
I hope that with the ghost it's different I'd like to see him die in one of the endings that didn't even happen with Mc from Depraved Awakening :devilish:

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
City of Broken Dreamers [v1.14.x Ch. 13]
Video enhancement mod

how ? Thanks to deep-learning processes, trained models can interpolate one "fake" frame next to each native frame.
The result gives a smooth effect on each animations.

Download the mod : Mega ;

I didn't inspect each animation in depth , so feel free to report any flaws you find (bugs, video artifacts...)

Here is an example of what you can expect ( ) :

mod updated

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
Yeah i've been through this in many games it sucks but damn you like to see victoria die huh :HideThePain:
just reading this makes me sad as fuck even more knowing there wasn't at least some drama and blood
I hope that with the ghost it's different I'd like to see him die in one of the endings that didn't even happen with Mc from Depraved Awakening :devilish:
Nah, I have no actual interest at all in seeing her dying in the story. I was motivated by pure curiosity, chasing after something that we haven't had in a while: a dramatic scene away from the fuckfest that the VN embraced, especially in recent chapters.

But it was disappointing: I got closer to be sitting on the edge of my chair, almost making it irrelevant, for nothing...

Now I will channel my hopes towards a Katie ending, where she will be popping kids like a gumball machine :D

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

That is only ONE of the possible outcomes.

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
Nah, I have no actual interest at all in seeing her dying in the story. I was motivated by pure curiosity, chasing after something that we haven't had in a while: a dramatic scene away from the fuckfest that the VN embraced, especially in recent chapters.

But it was disappointing: I got closer to be sitting on the edge of my chair, almost making it irrelevant, for nothing...

Now I will channel my hopes towards a Katie ending, where she will be popping kids like a gumball machine :D
Oh I got it I thought wrong then sorry man so it sucked in a way you were strong i couldn't make it even if i was very curious Victoria moves me a lot and to see her die would suck for me.

for me it wasn't so disappointing maybe because I didn't follow the same path but I understand I even say that it lacks a little more drama as happened in the scenes with Sonja :)

Katie is a great option for a happy ending so you could even buy a daycare center already.:KEK:
Ellen and Gloria would be great mom too not forgetting Victoria oops I don't think it would work...
1487382298-risitasdepressif.png

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
If I can be honest without any intention of offending fans of the game, I really do not find Philly's writing, to put it gently, enchanting. Yes, he has a very interesting foundation for a story, but the brickwork on it is all over the place. I sincerely picked the game because I got hooked with the character Katie, but the way her route is handled and how almost forgettable her contribution is to the entire plot felt.. disappointing, to say the least.

Even the writing for other routes felt wonky in some areas. Romancing Victoria just never felt right in any opportunity as the way dialogues are exchanged made me feel like either an asshole using her like a tool or a weirdo who is barely in control of the encounter. Victoria ends up calling the shots no matter when I decide to have sex.

I actually felt it was a better reading experience when rejecting girls. Yea I know rejecting girls in an AVN. GG me. But, sincerely I dunno, maybe it's my own perspective that isn't syncing with Philly's direction but after playing other dev works, I'm cent percent certain that I can handle both gentle and harsh MC personalities just fine. It's just somehow I fail to slide into COBD seat when trying to experience either.
Ya, well, at least your girl is in the story. :) Book 2 has really sucked. Praying for the last bit of the game to somehow work some magic and come together better and give me a solid ending route with Chandra, but I am fully expecting disappointment at this point. Played Book 1 on Steam, but right now looking like I will not be purchasing Book 2 or backing Philly on Patreon anytime soon. :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: LonerPrime

HauntedHill

Jun 21, 2023
An Unexpectedly and uncharacteristically short chapter (20- 30 minutes?) but i get that this was probably a little warm up for the last episode which will hopefully be a big one. If not, then they should've just released Ch 14 along with the finale as one episode

Reactions: User1230

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Made two compressed Android ports of City of Broken Dreamers v1.14.0 Chapter 4 with the walkthrough mod.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left for history and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

1.5Gb port:

1Gb port:

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Can't run the game on mac anyone else have the same
Two things might have gone wrong:
  • the app is quarantined by Gatekeeper because it's from an unknown developer;
  • the executable inside the app might have lost its execute permission during unzipping
To check quarantine, start Terminal and type "xattr " without the quotes at the prompt and drag the BrokenDreamers app into the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Mind there is a space between the command and said path. Hit enter. If you see com.apple.quarantine in the results, the app is quarantined.
To remove the quarantine, type "xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine " and drag the app again into the window. Again, mind the space after quarantine. Hit enter. Quarantine should now be removed.

To check the second case, you need to look into the contents of the app: right click on BrokenDreamers app, pick Show package contents. Navigate to /Contents/MacOS/. Inside that folder you'll see a file BrokenDreamers. That file should be a Unix executable. If it's anything else, it has lost its execute permission.
To fix this, start Terminal and type "chmod a+x " without the quotes at the prompt and drag the file inside the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Again mind there is a space between the command and the path. Hit enter. The file should now be executable.

Edit: this game is one of the few where there is another BrokenDreamers file that should be executable as well, in /Contents/MacOS/lib/darwin-x86_64
Just do the chmod command for this file as well if needed.

As a general precaution, make a duplicate of the app first before changing its attributes or permissions.

Last edited:

kktcross

Jan 29, 2019
hi guys didnt play or read anything new about this game for over a year and i am curious how close it is to be complete? forgot half the story might as well wait for it to finish and enjoy it in one go

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
hi guys didnt play or read anything new about this game for over a year and i am curious how close it is to be complete? forgot half the story might as well wait for it to finish and enjoy it in one go
should have 1 update left. besides epilogues.

• Red Heart
Reactions: kktcross

Syybeat

Feb 27, 2018
City of Broken Dreamers [v1.14.0 Ch. 14] [PhillyGames]

COMPRESSED
GoFile download returns a file error on extract
1687818672145.png

Launching the game without this file refers to Python not being installed, but I have it separately installed on my system from before.

4.80 star(s) 394 Votes