Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
The update has been up for 15 hours and there aren't even 5 new pages of comments.
This week, a minority game like Long Story Short had an update and it had 8 new pages just in the first day.
That speaks volumes. What does it speak of? I'm not totally sure myself, but it's definitely concerning.

I understand and agree with much of the criticism the game's writing has received after the huge clash where Henry protected Gloria. You know what scene I'm talking about. After that, in my opinion the story's progession halted dramatically and the writing got worse. It's not DMD level bad :Kappa:, but it isn't 2019-2021 CoBD's level either, let's be honest.

That being said, a major complaint of almost everyone was that the game turned into a grotesque fuck-fest where our runaway MC went around without a care in the world other than to nail one of his LIs. Keeping this in mind, it strikes me as really absurd to criticize the lack of sexual scenes in this latest update (which I haven't played yet, I must clarify that). The story is being primed for the game's finale, so if anything it makes a lot of sense to put off the fuckfest for a while and focus on what has been the weakest spot of the game for the last couple of years.

EDIT: Corrected appalling typo.
Russian "civil war". Kinda steals the spotlight.

Reactions: GanyR

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
The update has been up for 15 hours and there aren't even 5 new pages of comments.
This week, a minority game like Long Story Short had an update and it had 8 new pages just in the first day.
That speaks volumes. What does it speak of? I'm not totally sure myself, but it's definitely concerning.

I understand and agree with much of the criticism the game's writing has received after the huge clash where Henry protected Gloria. You know what scene I'm talking about. After that, in my opinion the story's progession halted dramatically and the writing got worse. It's not DMD level bad :Kappa:, but it isn't 2019-2021 CoBD's level either, let's be honest.

That being said, a major complaint of almost everyone was that the game turned into a grotesque fuck-fest where our runaway MC went around without a care in the world other than to nail one of his LIs. Keeping this in mind, it strikes me as really absurd to criticize the lack of sexual scenes in this latest update (which I haven't played yet, I must clarify that). The story is being primed for the game's finale, so if anything it makes a lot of sense to put off the fuckfest for a while and focus on what has been the weakest spot of the game for the last couple of years.

It speaks to the fact that the game released while I was sleeping and I was at work all day, and only found the release by luck because I missclicked on the next page button on the latest updates page (it's on the second page right now).

Reactions: lk2dju

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
That being said, a major complaint of almost everyone was that the game turned into a grotesque fuck-fest where our runaway MC went around without a care in the world other than to nail one of his LIs. Keeping this in mind, it strikes me as really absurd to criticize the lack of sexual scenes in this latest update (which I haven't played yet, I must clarify that). The story is being primed for the game's finale, so if anything it's make a lot of sense to put off the fuckfest for a while and focus on what has been the weakest spot of the game for the last couple of years.
Not to spoil anything, since you haven't played it, yet. But if this "story focused" update did anything, then it exposed the fact that there isn't much story in this game anymore. It probably ended up disappointingly short, because without erotic scenes it has nothing much to offer.
If this "story focus" is really what the game needed, then the jiggle physics and all the butt shots of women in inconvenient hooker fashion seem out of place. As does the fact that the characters act like sexy shells with no consistency. It's like all the characters act randomly, because there's no other reason for things to happen anymore.

Reactions: User1230

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Russian "civil war". Kinda steals the spotlight.
Man, are you telling me that gamers and/or pervs around the world changed their habits for a day to follow the latest developments in the Russian crisis? I don't think there's a connection there, but of course I may be wrong.

It speaks to the fact that the game released while I was sleeping and I was at work all day, and only found the release by luck because I missclicked on the next page button on the latest updates page (it's on the second page right now).
It was released on a Friday afternoon in North America, Friday evening in Europe. You were unfortunate enough to be at work, but most jobs in the West have the weekend off. The other game I mentioned was released on a weekday.

Reactions: Deathzazor

rj677

May 30, 2020
Its a two part finale. People crying need to chill. Of course its not gonna be satisfying, its a cliffhanger and all narratives build to an end. All stories have lulls in them. The writing didn't "drop off", you just seem to think this isn't one complete narrative, you're acting like every chapter is a sequel or a stand alone episode. All the action out of the way and onto the conclusion and probably all of the different outcomes, which should be a lot.
After that, in my opinion the story's progession halted dramatically and the writing got worse. It's not DMD level bad :Kappa:, but it isn't 2019-2021 CoBD's level either, let's be honest.
I never made a "serious" post in this thread, and after this "update" I think now its the time (the only spoiler is inline btw). I remember a time when this game was an undisputed Top2 game in F95 with some people (including me) thinking it was number 1.

Contrary to some peoples opinions, I dont think the writting "falling off" is the biggest problem with this game now... Of course some sex scenes didnt fit with some of the timing, but my reasoning for that is the fact that this is an AVN at the end of the day :HideThePain:.

When I see people complain about Victorias actions this update, in a large part I agree... But people need to understand that it might not fit in ALL her paths, but if Victoria is bad/has the MC spellbound I think thats a world where I can see her ditching the others just to "kill" Meredith when she destroyed her apartment when Vic did nothing wrong to Meredith in the first place and was still trying to get the MC to betray Gloria :unsure:.
Now if shes good or, even worse, the chosen love of the MC I agree with people that it doesnt make any sense :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

For me, this game started to slowly fall off right after chapter 9 when I started playing this game update by update... The amount of content Philly is dishing out is simply not enough for the amount of time we are waiting for each update. Its always underwhelming but this last one was just unacceptable... Im a slow reader and a compulsive saver, and I finished every path in 35 minutes :cautious::HideThePain::confused:

Im a pirate that got the update for free, and even I think I overpaid to get it :cautious::cautious:... 4 MONTHS for 35 MINUTES?!?!? Its not a problem that rose just in this update, but in this one was OBVIOUS because there was nothing to make people satisfied: there were no sex scenes (not that I think they should be included) and also no special dialogue with our "loves". So people dont need to "chill out" and the whole "complete narrative" argument is stupid because people are paying for this and hes still doing these small ass updates without upgrading his setup and/or work rate :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Concluding: Philly is stuck in the past where +/- 1000 renders were good enough for 4 months, but with a dev that is literally making 9000 bucks a month its just unacceptable in this day and age of AVN making. But I still think this game is gonna be one of the games where the finished product and playing it in one sitting will just have a positive effect on the game, because that way we can accept the "lull moments" much better :WeSmart::WeSmart:

KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
Imagine making fun of someone who wants to explain their point of view :rolleyes:

Like I guess you should only write essays if you are writing scientific journals? Maybe there is a rule somewhere that collectively expects its community base to frown upon those that write their thoughts in details on a pirate forum?

I don't agree with some of the dude's takes, but at least I can appreciate reading some constructive opinion rather than condescending memes. Heck, don't like someone's take? Move the heck on rather than clogging the thread with troll off-subject takes.

Last edited:

der123fer

Donor
Aug 8, 2020
Just a small post-release update this time:

Will keep this one short today. Chapter 14 has been released to Corporate Docs and up. Tomorrow I will release it to Ghosts and up, then on Friday for fixers and up.
This week is going to be outlining for the final chapter and doing a bunch of custom renders and such. With that I will also release the poll for those as well, so I can get those customs to you before months end.
Getting crazy that is on the final stretch!

As always guys, stay awesome!
Philly

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Despite some minor bugs I've played Chapter 14 and I'm glad to say it's a substantial improvement over the last couple chapters. There are still some significant problems, but the MC's team finally throws down with Baynard and it genuinely feels like we're building towards a finale.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So that's my take. Just to be clear, my overall feelings on the update are positive. The negatives are annoying, but they only bother me because I think they hold the game back. What we got is good, but it could have been great.

tl;dr Some questionable details and there's not much sex, but the story is finally moving again and I'm eager to see the finale.

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
How bad were some people here at school that 1/3 of a page is considered "an essay" :ROFLMAO:

I agree though the game has gone downhill pretty consistently since chapter 9. I like Gloria and I love her scenes so I will continue to follow for her but the pacing is just awful now. Were supposed to be in the endgame of the equivalent of an action movie but its playing out 30 minutes every 5 months so theres just zero suspense just loading up an update like "oh huh were still here".

Like imagine watching John Wick final montage 5 minutes at a time once per day. It would take something thrilling and make it boring. The overall story might be good and it might be better once its complete and can play it through but right now it feels like phillyGames has zero idea how to frame is chapters to keep it interesting for people following update to update.

TLDR: Gloria sexy AF. One of the only character models I've seen in any VN who has really realistic shaped breasts that kind of go off to the side rather than bolt-ons yummy :love:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
How bad were some people here at school that 1/3 of a page is considered "an essay" :ROFLMAO:
1/3? easy.

besides if it could be written on computer or typewriter then at least every line change was 1.5 times normal and on computer "bit" bigger font than normal.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Yeah I admit, the post was too big... However, those were my opinions and honestly I dont care if people agree or disagree, I just like actually making an effort to post something useful from time to time :eek:

You are a troll that most likely plays these games with one hand while having the other hand on your dick or all the way inside your pussy and just going to town while watching virtual asses and boobs :devilish:

But dont worry, I also like being a troll and making memes so I have made 3 of them just so someone with your level of "understanding" can see what I mean without having to do something as "uncool" as reading. Enjoy fellow troll :KEK::KEK:. And sorry to the mods in advance :HideThePain::HideThePain:

The type that won't read here is usually the type that forgets what the "N" is for in AVN. (Most probably assume the abbreviation stands for "Animated Vulvas Naked".)

I discovered this (well, AVNs in general) via recorded playbacks on PH. Still haven't downloaded this one - my old laptop didn't have the space available for an over 10Gb game download (without a lot of rework), but I did see some of what you're talking about in the vids. Like most games/fantasy stuff, you can't be too accurate with what folks can really do or how they would act in reality, or your wouldn't have much of an AVN. Of course, the recent commentary on how the writing has devolved a bit is disappointing to see, but given the age of the title, it may be that Philly has just grown tired of it and it's become something to get done rather than something he's passionate about (or maybe he has too much real life on his plate).

I don't pay for it, so I won't complain about it. I mostly tagged it to watch because I'd seen Katie and thought her character was effin' adorable, and look forward to getting into it in the next few months sometime. Had thought about waiting until it was done, since it's so close, but time will tell.

phiber99

Feb 13, 2022
How do you even get the Gloria scene? Im on her path and I didnt get it.
you must be on dep path.... i can send a a save file...what i need is a save file for victory bad ending (killed by red moon)
all in all good chapter 14....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wish Philly would have added some voice overs or moaning sounds during the hot scenes to reinforce the sexual connection.
The problem is that the love interest, MC <-> LI should not lose their connection.
From chapter to chapter you get more LI points but it looks like that main characters are distancing themselves from the MC. i make a distinction between love and sex here.
We had seen a very close love interest between MC and Victoria in Chapter 7. "All the words they spoke, the imagery and the music are in harmony. this has continued into chapter 11. so this close connection I have not seen as strong with other main characters with the MC.
I hope Philly takes this to heart and ends the story with a strong connection between LI and MC and scenes that prove this love is REAL....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i don´t care if games like "long story short" has more likes or more comments per day. for me COBD is the greatest cyberpunk visual novel and the love story between MC and Victory is realy awesome !!!

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 418 Votes