Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Seems to be a common trope in AVNs, but I find it best solved by just focusing on one from the jump. Definitely makes the story feel more cohesive. For the most part the game doesn't disregard your choices and give you dialogue like you are sleeping with everyone, unlike others I've tried.
It may not do it often but when it does it's pretty glaring. Again with Chandy you can even tell her its's not happening, ever and you still have the one last time option. And with Shanlon , you can avoid her the whole game and still have a last time option. Or Ellen making a big deal about a kiss in several scenes just to have her say hurry up and kiss me already in another like it's perfectly fine even if the player never has before. Also the after credits scenes that just seem to be last minute fanservice that make no difference whether you are with someone or not and only automatically turning down Venus if the player ends up with Katie but no one else. It gets pretty inconsistent the longer the game goes on.

EatYourVegetables

Formerly 'BroccoliFan'
May 31, 2024
It may not do it often but when it does it's pretty glaring. Again with Chandy you can even tell her its's not happening, ever and you still have the one last time option. And with Shanlon , you can avoid her the whole game and still have a last time option. Or Ellen making a big deal about a kiss in several scenes just to have her say hurry up and kiss me already in another like it's perfectly fine even if the player never has before. Also the after credits scenes that just seem to be last minute fanservice that make no difference whether you are with someone or not and only automatically turning down Venus if the player ends up with Katie but no one else. It gets pretty inconsistent the longer the game goes on.
I've only done the one playthrough and tend to do solo paths in games, but I did notice the 2 "final time" mistakes. But just those and one or two minor ones, so there are likely others I missed. In some games you can be on a fully committed relationship path and the game will just forget that for large chunks.

Reactions: Skeltom

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I've only done the one playthrough and tend to do solo paths in games, but I did notice the 2 "final time" mistakes. But just those and one or two minor ones, so there are likely others I missed. In some games you can be on a fully committed relationship path and the game will just forget that for large chunks.
There is one more with Gloria as well. Even if you tell her it wouldn't be right and never sleep with her you can still say you like being with her more like you, again, have been sleeping with her the whole time. Not to mention if you do that scene then it's pretty graphic for someone who until that time is a virgin.

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
Assuming and just adding a check for it are very different approaches. If they haven't it makes no sense. They have clearly known each other since she was at least sixteen and before Abby got GDS, so that is a given really. But the sex is optional from the get-go, though she still has a set of scores in the main UI so if she is just a side piece why have her there at all? That's like adding Shanlon or Venus to the list. For that matter does Gloria even have an ending of her own. Someone the MC is inexplicably liked to and the entire story revolves around? I haven't tried a solo of her yet to know.
Did you get that scene with Chandra even without having sex with her? I was just thinking that maybe only the people that fucked her get that scene and line of dialogue, but if you got it without having done anything with her, then you might be right. ITs s small detail, I would think, though.
Yes, Gloria has an ending of her own. Gloria, Ellen, Victoria and Katie get their own endings. Depending on your path, you might have a bad ending with Gloria, which is spicier but not really what is "intended" for you to do, in my opinion.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Did you get that scene with Chandra even without having sex with her? I was just thinking that maybe only the people that fucked her get that scene and line of dialogue, but if you got it without having done anything with her, then you might be right. ITs s small detail, I would think, though.
Yes, Gloria has an ending of her own. Gloria, Ellen, Victoria and Katie get their own endings. Depending on your path, you might have a bad ending with Gloria, which is spicier but not really what is "intended" for you to do, in my opinion.
If it were just that one then I agree it would be a small detail but there are numerous cases of that. To me it feels like the game was designed to be played where you sleep with everyone just because they are there. The dev doesn't seem to have taken into consideration that not every player will. I think the biggest problem is because it all seems to go by how many points a girl has and not any sex specific variables. It may work on paper but not necessarily in practice.

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
If it were just that one then I agree it would be a small detail but there are numerous cases of that. To me it feels like the game was designed to be played where you sleep with everyone just because they are there. The dev doesn't seem to have taken into consideration that not every player will. I think the biggest problem is because it all seems to go by how many points a girl has and not any sex specific variables. It may work on paper but not necessarily in practice.
It might be that. I think most AVN players will always try to get the most scenes when playing, so maybe that´s what the Dev was taking in consideration when writing the script.

4.70 star(s) 423 Votes