cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well posts and attachments vanish too if user deletes account. so to reserve everything would require terabytes of hdd-space.

• Wow
Reactions: pitao

Takadura

Jan 27, 2018
BRAZILIAN PORTUGUESE TRANSLATION

VERSION 1.15(PC)
*** UPDATED POST DATE: 2024-JULY-27***

=============================================================================
(Portuguese)

Estou deixando aqui disponível uma tradução TEMPORÁRIA de The City Of Broken Dreamers para a versão 1.15. Esta é uma versão utilizável e funcional, mas com alguns erros de gramática, feitos por programas de tradução, não manualmente. Como vocês bem sabem, máquinas são sistemáticas e fazem traduções bem "zuadas". Eu sei que não é o ideal, mas é melhor do que nada, até que eu termine a tradução final.

Alguns erros de tradução também existem nos scripts, devidos as correções das versões anteriores do jogo feitas por Philly Games. Eu estou ciente destes erros e tenho a intenção de resolvê-los, mas preciso de tempo para revisar todos os arquivos de scripts, porque quero deixar uma tradução final com qualidade para o jogo.

Para instalar a minha tradução é bem simples. Basta baixar os três pacotes, extrair(winrar ira extrair os três pacotes automaticamente) e enviar a pasta "GAME" de ambos para o diretório BrokenDreamers 1.15. Eu tive que dividir a tradução em três pacotes devido as limitações de armazenamento do F95 Zone.

Divirta-se!

PS: Se encontrarem qualquer problema relacionado a tradução, me avisem para que eu possa corrigir!

=============================================================================
(English)

I am making available here a TEMPORARY translation for The City Of Broken Dreamers for version 1.15. This is an usable and functional version, but with some grammar errors, made by translation programs, not manually. As you well know, machines are systematic and make very messy translations. I know it's not ideal, but better than nothing, until I can complete the final translation.

Some translation errors also exist in the scripts, due to corrections to previous versions of the game made by Philly Games. I am aware of these errors and intend to resolve them, but I need time to review all the script files, because I want to leave a quality final translation for the game.

Installing my translation is very simple. Just download the three packages, extract (winrar will extract both packages automatically) and send the "GAME" folder of both to the BrokenDreamers 1.15 directory. I had to split the translation into three packages due to the F95 Zone's storage limitations.

Have fun!

PS: If you find any problems related to translation, let me know so I can fix it!
The mod does not work with the Portuguese translation and the dialogue does not highlight in green.

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
The mod does not work with the Portuguese translation and the dialogue does not highlight in green.
Which mod are you refering to? Are you running any third party mod in your game? Please explain to me so I can understand what you mean. My translation was projected to work with the clean game, not with mods. If you wish to run mods, then you need to tell which one so I can see what is happening.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Which mod are you refering to? Are you running any third party mod in your game? Please explain to me so I can understand what you mean. My translation was projected to work with the clean game, not with mods. If you wish to run mods, then you need to tell which one so I can see what is happening.
wt-mod based on he saying that no highlighting greenies.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AlienEDM

Takadura

Jan 27, 2018
Multi-Mod
The dialog that gives highlighted points is not appearing
Practically the step by step mode is not working

pitao

May 18, 2023
Multi-Mod
If you are using scrappy multi mod that is in the OP, that is a mod with language in English. I'm not an expert but I guess the walkthrough files (script files I guess?) in the mod that give you the green highlighted walkthrough options are in English so if you play with script files that are in Portuguese of course it wont appear. That is my guess and the following info is in the multi mod page.

Edit-Translation: Se estás a usar o mod do scrappy que está no post original do jogo, esse é um mod em Inglês. Eu não sou um "expert" mas fico com a sensação que os ficheiros do guia passo a passo (ficheiros de script acho eu?) no mod que fazem aparecer as opções verdes para te guiar estão em Inglês então se estiveres a jogar com ficheiros que estão em Português é lógico que elas não vão aparecer. Esse é o meu palpite e a seguinte informação está na página do mod do scrappy.
Game/Creator: City of Broken Dreamers/
Modder: scrappy /

Game Version: 1.15.0 Ch. 15
Language:English
Btw I'm Portuguese but I always play my games in English unless the original is in Portuguese what so far I didn't find any AVN yet, even all my windows and every program I use in my computer and phone are in English lol. Portuguese is simply weird in technical informatic terms (and in many other areas) that in their origin are mostly in English. Heck even when I see Magic the Gathering cards in Portuguese I simply laugh lol. We definitely suck in mage/fantasy/sci-fi terms translation, simply sounds weird. Adding to that the translation of many things are in Brazilian Portuguese and I'm from Portugal, not Brazil.

Last edited:

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
Multi-Mod
I see. pitao has already answer the question for me. If you are running Scrappy mod on your game, then that is the issue, because I am not translated that mod to the game. Also, I am not sure if anyone has translated that mod to portuguese, so, you must choose between the translation or that mod.

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
We definitely suck in mage/fantasy/sci-fi terms translation, simply sounds weird. Adding to that the translation of many things are in Brazilian Portuguese and I'm from Portugal, not Brazil.
The thing about game translation in portuguese, I think is that people from Portugal has less interest in translate games as we brazilians do. That is not a bad or a good thing, just weird(as you pointed about it on your comment). And I agree with you, not just AVNs games as COBD, but mostly of general games out there are translated and dubbed into brazilian portuguese. I think you people from Portugal should change that.

pitao

May 18, 2023
The thing about game translation in portuguese, I think is that people from Portugal has less interest in translate games as we brazilians do. That is not a bad or a good thing, just weird(as you pointed about it on your comment). And I agree with you, not just AVNs games as COBD, but mostly of general games out there are translated and dubbed into brazilian portuguese. I think you people from Portugal should change that.
Its a question of not enough target market lol. We are only 10 million and like 5-7 million more scattered around the world and many already 2nd and 3rd generation that their connection with our language is weaker. Just in Brazil the market is over 200 million population, can imagine how many out of the country, probably even more than our 15-17 "measly" millions :LOL:. For many isn't worth/profitable to translate to Portuguese from Portugal. And we are used to Brazilian Portuguese, I remeber watching Telenovelas from Brazil since I was a kid (besides 2 girlfriends I had in my 20s that were Brazilian :LOL:)

There is another factor that makes Portugal to translate much less than Brazil. Since I was a kid (I'm 49 yo now) I was used to almost everything to be subtitled on TV and Cinema, so we get in touch and learn English much easier by connecting the words said with the words in the subtitles (nowadays I try to watch them with subtitles in English so I improve my written English and so I don't miss much because some accents/speed of speech are hard to follow). I can speak for myself, I'm almost self taught in English, yeah I had English in school but I always been very poor/average in languages, math and science is my forte.
Things that are dubbed is mostly for children under 12-10 years old and that only started to be more used in the 90s/2000s. It has the advantage that we are almost forced to learn English by necessity and that we know the original voices of actors :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
You have a point there. Actually that file is so small it could even be attached to the post/forum itself, but that is up to KoGa3 to do it (I guess they can if they are smaller than X MB). anyway better move on. Someone asked, I tried to help and more discussion about this won't help anyone :LOL:
Hi. Since my Mods are normally a few MBs or bigger, I am already used to upload all my Mods to filehosters. Even they are small like this one. And I also can check if a Mod is even "needed" with the download counter most of them have.

About the OP link: I think to remember I reported that myself some time ago, but it was refused. Most likely because scrappys Multi Mod already has an unlocker in it anyway. And multiple mod links are not really appreciated in the majority of game threads (but there are exceptions).

pitao

May 18, 2023
Most likely because scrappys Multi Mod already has an unlocker in it anyway. And multiple mod links are not really appreciated in the majority of game threads (but there are exceptions).
Hi hi Koga3. I think it doesn't, or else I dunno why I put your unlocker with scrappy mod in my game lol. Not that I ended up needing it because I ended up unlocking everything by playing, just used to set everything a multi mod uses to give like unlocking gallery before start playing. But anyway, like I said before, there will always appear people that don't want to insert a multi mod, they just want to unlock the gallery that is why even those tiny mods you make are very appreciated :)

Edit : Nevermind, scrappy mod does unlock it but because it is "hidden" in the cheat menu I guess I didn't notice at the time and ended up searching one and found your post with it and put it. I prefer your way anyway, it is a simple unlocking button in the actual gallery screen. And they are compatible so that is why I never bother to remove it.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
like I said before, there will always appear people that don't want to insert a multi mod, they just want to unlock the gallery that is why even those tiny mods you make are very appreciated :)
those are ppls who don't want to play game just watch lewdscenes.

pitao

May 18, 2023
those are ppls who don't want to play game just watch lewdscenes.
I guess so, I usually put them so I watch any scene after I make my playthroughs, and if is just 1 scene or 2, and is a game I'm kind of tired of playing I just unlock the missing ones. Those people are entitled to play the game however they want though, not criticizing.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
yes you can just by not selecting katie some updates ago.
i completely replayed it and made sure with the walkthrough mod to choose every negative option for katie and i still end up at the same place where gloria tells me you love katie i feel bad now.

pitao

May 18, 2023
i completely replayed it and made sure with the walkthrough mod to choose every negative option for katie and i still end up at the same place where gloria tells me you love katie i feel bad now.
Is this happening in chapter 12 or in the final chapter 15?

By your explanation of events it seems that happens in chapter 12 and that only happens if you locked on Katie's path, do you get a choice with Katie in chapter 12 where the options are: Yes, tell her how you feel / On second thought . If you pick the first you lock onto Katie path and after when you speak with Gloria she will say something like "And I know you are in love with Katie". Even after "rejecting" Katie you have interactions with Victoria and Gloria also in chapter 12, there is a series of choices depending on the score of Victoria/Ellen/Gloria with opportunity to lock into their paths, also depending on a few past choices. It is much easier to see them if you check the pdf walkthrough in the OP or if you search MrBubu pdf walkthrough but I can give you a glimpse of it with a few screenshots I'll put on a spoiler bellow.
It is kind of complex to give you an explanation of all events lol This is a heavy choice based game, I also used the scrappy multi mod and didn't had troubles to lock on Gloria path on my Gloria playthrough.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 423 Votes