xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Philly's case was really strange; I never knew if I missed something that led to his departure.
He used to be quite participative during DA's development. Then, after CoBD's release he stayed among us for quite a while, to then bail out at some point for some unknown reason (or at least it's unknown to me).
Those devs who stop hanging around in F95 typically do so because they get tons of hate due to the lack or presence of certain fetishes, or due to lack of updates, etc. But Philly? All he did was receive praise and enthusiastic feedback.
I assume that either he was indeed overwhelmed and couldn't keep up with people's interactions or he simply had a negative experience that I'm not aware of.
I certainly don't know the background, only that what happens on this site on public posts, is just the top of an Iceberg, there have been cases, where the Dev got harrased in PM or the thread was turned into a field battle, It's a pitty, I'd would have to liked to know Philly's response to Alien EDM, although, even being familiar with Aliens, posts at first I took the animation post
wrong, his second post, lifted my confusion.
being honest, I'm aware of many times I took the opinion of other users as and attack to my fav game, and It turns out that it wasn't .
(nevermind I enjoyed the animation, I should ask for more for studying purposes strictly)

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I certainly don't know the background, only that what happens on this site on public posts, is just the top of an Iceberg, there have been cases, where the Dev got harrased in PM or the thread was turned into a field battle, It's a pitty, I'd would have to liked to know Philly's response to Alien EDM, although, even being familiar with Aliens, posts at first I took the animation post
wrong, his second post, lifted my confusion.
being honest, I'm aware of many times I took the opinion of other users as and attack to my fav game, and It turns out that it wasn't .
(nevermind I enjoyed the animation, I should ask for more for studying purposes strictly)
I've followed Philly since DA's times. I followed CoBD in its development thread, months before the game was released and this thread created.
I don't remember any battle whatsoever that could have pushed him to leave, but as I said it could very well be possible that something happened I wasn't aware of.
I know what you mean. I'd normally just laugh off any baseless attack to the games I like, although I will definitely ridicule the person's arguments if they consist in comparing my fave game to some other crappy one they consider to be better. (For example, if someone were to say it's a pity that CoBD doesn't allow a harem like in WVM, or some other sort of ridiculous claim like that.)

That being said, I take it personally when someone disses Ms. Victoria Shields. I'm sorry, that will not go unresponded.

not_on_my_watch.gif

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
As Xapican said, this site has a dark side for many devs that is only visible in their DM inbox. I don't know if that's what happened to Philly, but it has happened to other devs. It only takes a slight delay, a badly done render, or a certain character trait for some weirdo(s) to get triggered. On the other hand, his discord's private channels are full of old friends of him, so I guess it's just easier and more rewarding for him to spend his free time there, as he doesn't really need to stay around anymore to advertise his game

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
Philly most definitely knows what happens on this site. He even corrected a Patreon post when I pointed out in this very thread that there was a semantic mistake in it. A certain someone informed him about it and it was corrected not long afterwards.

I agree with Alien's argument that those improved physics would bring the game to an ever more impressive level, and I don't see why he can't comment on it here. What? Is the thread so busy that he distracts everyone from their super insightful conversations? This thread is fucking dead, for goodness sake. Let people talk about game-related things they consider interesting without threatening with putting them on ignore. What the hell was that?

Now, I'm also convinced that Philly must know about those tools or whatever they are much better than any of us, so I don't think that whatever Alien or any of us could suggest here could change the way he makes his animations or anything else for that matter. However, that doesn't mean that we can't discuss it as something interesting, and it does indeed raise a good point: where do CoBD's animations stand in today's AVN industry? How do they compare to some other top games out there? I would say that in 2023 they have a lot of room for improvement, especially compared to how brilliant the game's renders are.
Thank you, my friend! Finally someone that understand my point of view. And, my argumentation about that topic was always in good faith, because I love this game and I wish sincerely that Philly next game could use this kind of tools for a more realistic game. And, I known this is a pirate forum and such, but... It was created to promote COBD and Philly aproves it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aristos and xapican

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
I suspect you're teasing... just because one is not attracted to the fake humanoid looking Victoria does not mean they are homosexual.

Shanlon is one of the few women in the game I am attracted to physically... but her personality and preference for weird and extreme sex makes me not like her overall.
Lemme think... Shanlon manhandled by Victoria and MC... I'm game. That scene would get a lot of hype :ROFLMAO:

der123fer

Donor
Aug 8, 2020

1695494148084.png
Okay back into it after having a couple days off. This was a busy week trying to make up time :p

So, getting down to it quick, we are sitting at 710 renders and then added a good deal of animations this week taking that up to 56 animations. I did hold off on customs this week just for my own sanity, and wanting to catch up after losing a couple days the week before.

Monday I will make the poll for customs so we can get those out before end of the month. I am in the mood to do something cinematic looking. How exactly that is I will figure out by then :p

Think that is all for now!

As always guys, stay awesome!

Philly

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018

View attachment 2951634
Okay back into it after having a couple days off. This was a busy week trying to make up time :p

So, getting down to it quick, we are sitting at 710 renders and then added a good deal of animations this week taking that up to 56 animations. I did hold off on customs this week just for my own sanity, and wanting to catch up after losing a couple days the week before.

Monday I will make the poll for customs so we can get those out before end of the month. I am in the mood to do something cinematic looking. How exactly that is I will figure out by then :p

Philly
We are standing at 710 renders and 56 animations. Philly is working fast. Looks like the statistic I made some time ago is close to happen: "I said 900-1000 renders and 60-70 animations".

PS: Victoria is too beautiful wearing that robe. Just wonder where she is looking at? To the view or to someone there? Such a pity Philly has censored the image discription for us not to see where it belong in the game. He is smart.:LOL::LOL:

Reactions: Kak99 and Aristos

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

View attachment 2951634

Philly
Yay, new numbers! Philly has completed 97 static renders and 6 animations in the last two weeks, an average of roughly 49 renders and 3 animations per week. Overall he's averaging 54 renders and 4.1 animations per week since Chapter 14 launched. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Steady progress continues, even with the week off. We're now at the traditional 50 animation mark for a typical chapter and it doesn't sound like we're nearing the end, so it looks like we may well be going big for the finale. Seems reasonable to me.

Meanwhile it's a nice preview for Victoria; she's always had a gorgeous face. Unless the raid detours through Baynard's corporate lounge, it seems pretty likely some of these images take place in some sort of epilogue. Definitely curious to see how things will finally play out after all this time.

4.70 star(s) 418 Votes