yandrei

Jan 26, 2018
how to get inside how with dog?

also any clue where are the current implemented besty in the game?

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

posted

Hello all! Welcome to another weekly blog! Second one this week, since we missed one for last week.

As promised, due to the long development this time around, Claire's Quest 0.13 is now out to the public immediately. Also, please note the original 0.13 post has been updated, and we are now at the 0.13.2 patch version which addresses several more outstanding bugs.

Meanwhile, patrons will have early access to 0.14 instead. Very happy with what's been done! Need a bit of reprieve though, so I will be running the upload overnight as I sleep. Therefore, first access out by the 24th, I'd say.

Both March and February pledges count for early access. If you pledged in both March and February, you will receive the download link message twice in your inbox.

The next update due is for Overgrown: Genesis. With the current storyline taking the player into a brand-new, albeit militant sanctuary, the storyline will now begin to branch off in a few directions. Without spoiling too much, it is safe to say that consequences will now begin to matter in earnest.

Now that the game has sufficiently progressed, we will also be adding the Gallery function a la Claire's Quest. See, one of the tricky things about game design, especially for adult game design, is that the 'reward' is the adult content. You have to design the game in a way where it feels like your actions lead to the reward you want. In Claire's Quest, this is easier since you can steer Claire based off her attributes.

The attribute system, I've found, doesn't really work that well in O:G. I've toyed with it a little, but in general it doesn't feel right, so I'm going to overhaul it. With regards to the 'reward' for gameplay though, my solution is to have Gallery unlocks based off progression.

For example, successfully getting out of Greer will reward you with the Walker unlock in the Gallery. Getting out of the subway then gives you the Crawler unlock. And so on so forth.

This is possible in O:G due to the linear progression, something that Claire's Quest lacks and can't make use of, but I've found works fairly well with the nature of O:G.

Next, a big thing for next O:G update is a new enemy type: Mutants. They are distinguished from the Infected in a big way. The Infected are regular humans exposed to the infection who turned into zombie-like creatures bent on kidnapping and breeding human women. Mutants are the result of that breeding. Again, to avoid spoiling too much, I'll let you guys tackle the new update to find out more yourself.

That's all for now - stay tuned for more!

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Well, actually I wanted to wait for 0.14 but I didn't play Claire's Quest for a time now, hmpf, damn it, downloading 0.13.2 ^^

Reactions: Re-4Andrew

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
posted

Hello all! Welcome to another weekly blog! Second one this week, since we missed one for last week.

As promised, due to the long development this time around, Claire's Quest 0.13 is now out to the public immediately. Also, please note the original 0.13 post has been updated, and we are now at the 0.13.2 patch version which addresses several more outstanding bugs.

Meanwhile, patrons will have early access to 0.14 instead. Very happy with what's been done! Need a bit of reprieve though, so I will be running the upload overnight as I sleep. Therefore, first access out by the 24th, I'd say.

Both March and February pledges count for early access. If you pledged in both March and February, you will receive the download link message twice in your inbox.

The next update due is for Overgrown: Genesis. With the current storyline taking the player into a brand-new, albeit militant sanctuary, the storyline will now begin to branch off in a few directions. Without spoiling too much, it is safe to say that consequences will now begin to matter in earnest.

Now that the game has sufficiently progressed, we will also be adding the Gallery function a la Claire's Quest. See, one of the tricky things about game design, especially for adult game design, is that the 'reward' is the adult content. You have to design the game in a way where it feels like your actions lead to the reward you want. In Claire's Quest, this is easier since you can steer Claire based off her attributes.

The attribute system, I've found, doesn't really work that well in O:G. I've toyed with it a little, but in general it doesn't feel right, so I'm going to overhaul it. With regards to the 'reward' for gameplay though, my solution is to have Gallery unlocks based off progression.

For example, successfully getting out of Greer will reward you with the Walker unlock in the Gallery. Getting out of the subway then gives you the Crawler unlock. And so on so forth.

This is possible in O:G due to the linear progression, something that Claire's Quest lacks and can't make use of, but I've found works fairly well with the nature of O:G.

Next, a big thing for next O:G update is a new enemy type: Mutants. They are distinguished from the Infected in a big way. The Infected are regular humans exposed to the infection who turned into zombie-like creatures bent on kidnapping and breeding human women. Mutants are the result of that breeding. Again, to avoid spoiling too much, I'll let you guys tackle the new update to find out more yourself.

That's all for now - stay tuned for more!
Can you please stop making the font color blue? I can barely read the post. :coldsweat:

EDIT: yeah yeah I could go on the Patreon site to read it, but Fuck Patreon :tf:

Reactions: mesoru

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I'm still going ahead with the walkthrough I'm making, I am going thur Rathpike all the quests, possible jobs, bla bla..

I going thur with it despite the developer providing a link to a walkthrough on his page he said "if you know anyone making a walkthrough let me know and I'll post it'.... I already have a number of hours into the one I am making so I'll finish it. If people like it I will continue on with it (updates)..

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Gah I wish this game would be completed already, because I find it so hard to resist playing it. I don't want to know all the scenes by the time it comes out. I managed to forget about it for a couple of months so probably got a good amount of stuff to see.

Need to try do that but for like a year...but it's a great game so far and they're damn hard to find.

That said I am failing and want to play 0.14 first :D

Reactions: Re-4Andrew

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Claire's Quest 0.14 Patron Release!

Mar 24 at 3:28pm

Hello all patrons!

Claire's Quest 0.14 is now ready, and has been sent out to our $30+ pledge tiers! Early access is as follows:

24th March: $30+ Patrons
29th March: $15 & $5 Patrons
8th April: $1 Patrons
28th April: Public Access

Both February and March 2018 pledges count for early access. Patrons who pledged in both months will receive the early access message + links twice as a result.

You should already have received the corresponding art packs and other rewards a day ago!

Without any further ado, here are the changes for 0.14!

---

NEW CONTENT:

* A new quest has been added to the Sisters of Fertility questline. Features futa, so be warned if that's not your thing.

* The final Meat Pit scene, the "Stage", now has its CG set in place. Text was quite heavily rewritten.

* The Fairfelt questline with Lawrence now has the CG set in place for the fondling session - second in line after the initial enslavement scene.

* The Ghost encounters in Valos now have their accompanying CG sets; these feature non-penetrative scenes as part of our attempt to include more of these.

* Boar now has accompanying CG set, with a variation for Roxanne.

* Temple Gardens mapset added.

---

BUG FIXES:

* Several typos, pathing issues, and mapping issues, too many and too minor to list individually, have been corrected.

* Major bug that killed the Ranger questline by preventing the Herb Pouch from being emptied after Boar attacks you was fixed.

* Missing effects when walking in and out of the Temple of Fertility corrected.

* Last of the Pigboss repetition lines fixed, hopefully.

* The Mountain Lion in the Ranger questline does not interact after catching Claire; fixed.

sam1545654

Jan 1, 2018
This is the kind of game that makes you both want to play each new update and not play new each update at the same time. Cant wait till its complete. awesome stuff

Reactions: mesoru

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Claire's Quest 0.14 Patron Release!

Mar 24 at 3:28pm

Hello all patrons!

Claire's Quest 0.14 is now ready, and has been sent out to our $30+ pledge tiers! Early access is as follows:

24th March: $30+ Patrons
29th March: $15 & $5 Patrons
8th April: $1 Patrons
28th April: Public Access

Both February and March 2018 pledges count for early access. Patrons who pledged in both months will receive the early access message + links twice as a result.

You should already have received the corresponding art packs and other rewards a day ago!

Without any further ado, here are the changes for 0.14!

---

NEW CONTENT:

* A new quest has been added to the Sisters of Fertility questline. Features futa, so be warned if that's not your thing.

* The final Meat Pit scene, the "Stage", now has its CG set in place. Text was quite heavily rewritten.

* The Fairfelt questline with Lawrence now has the CG set in place for the fondling session - second in line after the initial enslavement scene.

* The Ghost encounters in Valos now have their accompanying CG sets; these feature non-penetrative scenes as part of our attempt to include more of these.

* Boar now has accompanying CG set, with a variation for Roxanne.

* Temple Gardens mapset added.

---

BUG FIXES:

* Several typos, pathing issues, and mapping issues, too many and too minor to list individually, have been corrected.

* Major bug that killed the Ranger questline by preventing the Herb Pouch from being emptied after Boar attacks you was fixed.

* Missing effects when walking in and out of the Temple of Fertility corrected.

* Last of the Pigboss repetition lines fixed, hopefully.

* The Mountain Lion in the Ranger questline does not interact after catching Claire; fixed.
Futa is love, futa is life. x'Dx'Dx'D
This is the kind of game that makes you both want to play each new update and not play new each update at the same time. Cant wait till its complete. awesome stuff
I have been letting some updates happen before playing again to have a lot do to in the game version.

Danbon

Nov 10, 2017
How exactly are you supposed to use the monster repellent? Nothing I do seems to be able to allow me to use it.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
How exactly are you supposed to use the monster repellent? Nothing I do seems to be able to allow me to use it.
Not sure I never tried using them! I would think they work similar to the leather chest protectors if you have them in your inventory and are near a monster the game automatically uses the item. Thats what the game does when I get on top of a Monster.

Let me try it out, since I am in Rathpike and have to go out to the desert anyway

4.40 star(s) 107 Votes