Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Blog 171 / Happy New Year: 2020!

Hello everybody, and welcome to the first post of 2020!
To start with, I'd like to wish you all a very happy new year!
And, thanks to your ongoing support and enthusiasm, it looks like it's shaping up to be a great year for the Dystopian Project as well!

I do have to apologize for our slowed production rate during this past month, as one half of our multinational team celebrates the "traditional" festive season in December with Christmas + New Year's Eve, while the other half of our team celebrates in January with Orthodox Christmas and the Lunar New Year. There's a bit of a disconnect as a result, with half the team on break while the other half kept on working but had slower/delayed team feedback as a result.
However, I think we've got things fairly stable and settled now! As the other half of our team prepares to go on their well-deserved break, they've already readied the resources required for us to start compiling and then putting our new releases and updates!

So, most pressing thing on the agenda is the finalized version of 0.18 for Claire's Quest. While it's relatively 'complete', there's a few new scenes that needed to wait for a couple more assets and revisions, which are now ready, so that will be coming out next! Basically it fleshes out Dargan Town and advances the Mercenary and Shieldmaiden questlines for Rathpike!

Overgrown: Genesis was meant to finish in 2019, but I wasn't happy with concluding with what we had - the story didn't finish "properly" to me, if that makes sense - so I've decided to extend the production time so I can bring in more scenes and resources. The final updates will be split into two parts: the first part will complete the University level + Dryad scenes + two endings, while the second part will bring in the final secret level and another ending.
The scenes for the final updates are taking longer than anticipated to draw due to the artwork's complexity, but I definitely think you'll find it worth the wait!
The first part of the final O:G update includes a Dryad Attack #1 (Oral), Dryad Attack #2 (Anal), Dryad Attack #3 (Impregnation/Gameover), the Dryad "Swarm" Gameover, as well as Ending "A" and Ending "B".
Speaking of the endings, I'd like to explain a bit more about them without spoiling too much.
Ending A - Unlocked by one of the choices made during the University level; you will end up in an ending room with a specific scene on 'repeat' and the rest of the Gallery available. This is the extreme "Dryad" ending.
Ending B - Also unlocked by one of the choices made during the University level; you will end up in an ending room with a specific scene on 'repeat' and the rest of the Gallery available. This is the extreme "Scientist" ending.
Ending C1 - Unlocked during the final level; you will end up in an ending room with a specific scene on 'repeat' and the rest of the Gallery available. This is the extreme "Military" ending.
Ending C2 - Unlocked during the final level; you will end up in an ending room, with all other ending scenes unlocked in your Gallery. This is a milder version of the "Military" ending.
Ending C3 - Unlocked during the final level; you will end up in an ending room, with all other ending scenes unlocked in your Gallery. This is the "Harmonious" ending, and the hardest one to achieve. Conditions to get this are identical to C2, but you must have completed all sidequests in the game, collected all the "Note" items, and fully upgraded the survivor shelter at Fort Patton through calling in favours alone.

And that's all from me for now! Once again, we wish you a great 2020 - and hope to play a big part in making this year much more entertaining and pleasant for you. ;)

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Major Announcement: T&S Review!

Hello everyone.

The Patreon Trust & Safety team has been in contact with me again, and pointed out that the content of one of our games, namely, Claire's Quest, is in violation of their "zero tolerance" list. Specifically, Patreon does not allow any content with, "glorification of sexual violence, or depictions of non-consensual sex, incest, bestiality, and shota/loli content" to be hosted on Patreon.

This basically means that we cannot explicitly mention or link to the Claire's Quest game on our Patreon.

Please don't worry, however, as this has been a long time coming, and I've prepared a contingency plan for this specific scenario. Here are a list of changes being made:

1) All the download links to our games will no longer be shared via Patreon's direct messaging platform, nor will there be posts or pages with the URLs. Instead, the links to our games can be found on our official Discord. If you are a patron, please pledge to the Discord immediately if you have not done so already, so you continue to get access.

2) All mention of the Claire's Quest game on Patreon will cease, effective immediately. The game itself will have it's presence removed from our Patreon. Our Patreon will now simply be dedicated to the supporting a miscellaneous collection of artwork, webcomics, and games, with a dystopian theme.

3) The front page will be accordingly retrofitted to represent these changes, and all download links to the Claire's Quest game will be removed, from all pages, including public demos.

4) Polls will continue to be held without issue on Patreon, and the Art Packs will continue to be distributed via Patreon's messaging system.

On an related note, we will start setting up a public Discord for non-pledged/patron players and fans.

There is no cause for alarm, as we will simply, and technically, be using this Patreon as a "tip jar" for dystopian-themed artwork, webcomics, and misc. games.

Thank you for reading!

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Just move some other fucking service??? Why the ridiculous efforts to exploit loopholes? Move to Subscribestar or something.

arghas

Nov 6, 2018
Just move some other fucking service??? Why the ridiculous efforts to exploit loopholes? Move to Subscribestar or something.
Because lots of people use Patreon, so they trust it, they've always used it. You know how people are.

Aramitz

Jul 2, 2018
Hello. I liked this game when I played it a few months ago.
I'm sad that its updates are so slow, but well, it's a quality project that is not overfunded, so I can get that.
Does someone know when the next update will come out ? And if they will finally be able to finish the first two islands, so we can soon (tm) discover the third & fourth one ? I mean, most of the game's main content has been the same for... a long time.
Thanks.

KingSet

Oct 26, 2019
Is it actually possible to end up in the meatpit if you arrive to rathpike as a free person? Looking through the thread people mention a group of thugs in the eastern part if you have low defiance, but i only find individual thugs, except for the group that blocks the path north but they don't do anything outside runaway quest. And i can't start hole in the ground either despite having intrigue.

lifanteart

Dec 15, 2018
Is it actually possible to end up in the meatpit if you arrive to rathpike as a free person? Looking through the thread people mention a group of thugs in the eastern part if you have low defiance, but i only find individual thugs, except for the group that blocks the path north but they don't do anything outside runaway quest. And i can't start hole in the ground either despite having intrigue.
Talk to the thugs in the underground, some of them will take her to the pit.

KingSet

Oct 26, 2019
Talk to the thugs in the underground, some of them will take her to the pit.
I've tried talking to every thug in both east and west part and in the meatpit entrance, none send me to the meatpit. I dunno if combination of arriving to rathpike without debt and doing some of the other quests in it before going underground messes it up.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I've tried talking to every thug in both east and west part and in the meatpit entrance, none send me to the meatpit. I dunno if combination of arriving to rathpike without debt and doing some of the other quests in it before going underground messes it up.
You need to have less than 10 defiance, in the eastern part of the Rathpike sewers, there will be a couple of thugs around a narrow hallway, if you try to go through that narrow hallway they will fake getting injured by Claire and demand she takes up a debt of 1000 as compensation, you can accept their scam or refuse it, if you refuse it things will get violent, a Claire that has less than 10 defiance will lose the fight and end up in the Meat Pit.

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes