whamos_olrac

Mar 17, 2022
I have serious concerns that the game risks remaining either Abandoned, or split into two parts, given the amount of content and the development time of 8 years already. And development has slowed noticeably. Since version 22 the biggest addition is Rivermont, and the rest of the content is added sporadically, without order jumping from one questline to another.
So, 8 years of development and still no progress for the main story nor updates regarding the remaining islands. There's already a shit ton of quests in Rathpike and Valos, and I assume Sorraine and Trisengrad needs about roughly the same amount of quests as the first two, if not more.

I honestly feel like that this game would need 8 more years or so to be completed, taking into account the dev's seemingly aimless updates.

And I think that this is a really good game, so here's to hoping it doesn't get abandoned.

DrMage

Dec 19, 2018
I seem the best thing devs can do right now (if they want to restore players' trust ofc) is to finish questlines one by one (possibly 2-3 per update) and this way finish this game as the 1st chapter in possibly 5 or 6 updates next year. Then start the 2nd one as the separate game. It'd show us (and patrons) they at least give a fuck of our opinion. Once again all this is actual only if they're going to keep the story running. Other way we'll probably see another wonderful project abandoned (or nearly).

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Can you be evil in this game?
Nope. Not with what is written so far.
The game is mostly just the path she takes to becoming more slutty or corrupted. You can make some choices in how she gets there and that's it.
It isn't like a D&D game where your actions can affect character development or alignment.

Reactions: Riaman

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
Can you be evil in this game?
Well, Claire can degrade a couple of girls and make them participate in debauchery, which is what the ranch questline is based on, for example. Claire can also show "negligent inaction" on a couple of occasions, watching girls being raped instead of saving them.

There's also a quest with Worm in the abandoned mines at Dargan Town. Here cooperation with this creature can be considered evil, although it is also debatable.

In short, Claire can't yet participate in "conventional" evil, but she can commit morally questionable/immoral actions/inactions, but whether they are evil is a matter of perception. As far as I'm concerned, Claire has a potency for evil and there will probably be an ending (if the game does live up to the ending) where she can voluntarily become a new Dreadqueen.

sharpys

May 21, 2017
Honestly, they need to start chopping away and slimming down the debauchery. The ranch is just pure irrelevance, the career roles don't add anything to Claire's quest to journey to the mainland, and we're still fucking about instead of rallying things together in the starter regions 3 years later.

I can't tell if Dystopian wants a corruption game or an Idiana Jones adventure. If he keeps up, he might beat Roundscape's dev time and end up cycling through 10 different artists.

whamos_olrac

Mar 17, 2022
Does this game have walkthrough?
It has, but it's outdated I'm afraid.

Also, if anybody here is a Patreon subscriber or member of Dystopian Project's private Discord channel, please ask them about the status of the remaining islands & when they'll be able to update the main story lol. And also, please raise concerns about the game's risks of being abandoned (that's what I'm getting based on recent replies).

Things don't look too great in the game honestly. I mean sure, we have some art in which we can fap to, and there's the Rivermont route, but that's more of an alternate route in the early part of the story, and they can't keep adding random quests while ignoring the main story. It's been 8 years. Plus, they still have two more islands to finish, which I assume where future major quests will take place.

Last edited:

VEHX

Jun 14, 2018
Comparing this game to Genesis Overgrown it is clear that the devs still does not have control on how and where the story is progressing, beyond the first stages of the prologue and build up, we still have no idea how they want the game to end as and this is years already.

And I think they know this because they keep adding in random quests that does not progress the story but serves only as a filler.

Retts

Dec 17, 2018
The last time I played was more than a year ago, can anyone tell me if there's any new bestiality scene or "event" now? Changelog would be pretty long to read, so if someone can quickly give me an answer, I'd be glad. I was especially waiting for some more horse scenes or events, like the horse semen extraction stuff.

Shokarn

Oct 14, 2021
The last time I played was more than a year ago, can anyone tell me if there's any new bestiality scene or "event" now? Changelog would be pretty long to read, so if someone can quickly give me an answer, I'd be glad. I was especially waiting for some more horse scenes or events, like the horse semen extraction stuff.
Can't remember if any horse stuff got added in the past year, but there is new bestiality stuff (tiger, monkeys (at least))

Reactions: Retts

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
Honestly, they need to start chopping away and slimming down the debauchery. The ranch is just pure irrelevance, the career roles don't add anything to Claire's quest to journey to the mainland, and we're still fucking about instead of rallying things together in the starter regions 3 years later.

I can't tell if Dystopian wants a corruption game or an Idiana Jones adventure. If he keeps up, he might beat Roundscape's dev time and end up cycling through 10 different artists.
Yeah, that's my thought too. I understand that a lot of people like the ranch and other repetitive fuckfests they add, but at this point it only delays an already long overdue development.

The game already has enough fapcontent for 5 RPGM games, but we still don't really know shit about Lecter, Cult, Horde and other important plot stuff.

It feels like before some version, probably 17.5, they had a coherent vision of where the game should go next, and then they suddenly realized that Claire wasn't raping enough, especially the animals and while they were working on this definitely needed content, they completely forgot what they wanted.

jamesmay24

Mar 26, 2022
Does anyone know of any sort of like, kink guide or something? I played this game a few months ago and during one of the scenes I got pissed on. Pissing wasn't tagged in the game and that sort of stuff just kills my willingness to play the game. I'm considering re-downloading it but I wanted to know if there was some sort of way to avoid this content before I do.

Ressxd

May 28, 2020
Does anyone know of any sort of like, kink guide or something? I played this game a few months ago and during one of the scenes I got pissed on. Pissing wasn't tagged in the game and that sort of stuff just kills my willingness to play the game. I'm considering re-downloading it but I wanted to know if there was some sort of way to avoid this content before I do.
No guides that I know of, and there arent much indicators of what you could face during missions. If you are really contemplating on redownloading I can try to help, name kinks that you dont like and I'll try to check if they are in the game

Jul 4, 2017
In no particular order of frequency, there is:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That doesn't include what's listed in the tags (which really need to be updated), but it should be pretty much everything.
There's no way to avoid things unless you know what questline will trigger them, and I don't know the game well enough to write a guide to that extent. If you don't care about spoilers, you can look through the game's images files to see what kind of content there is and whether any of it goes too far for you.

derblyatkunt

Dec 29, 2020
Is there a place we can report bugs? For one, I think I messed up the Silent Cargo quest by completing the Thieves quest before it, and now I've found some stone tree that lead to some dialogue with a character I haven't met before followed by my game crashing

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes