Blackrazor077

Mar 29, 2021
suffering with black screen, after taking refuge in a church.. i saved the son, recieved the items. spoke to the head of the church with her rescued son. and everytime i go to sleep, i wake up but its a black screen
I need help with this one as well. Is there anyway to get rid of the black screen?

ParodyGames

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2023
This game is awesome, but honestly I think the dev should think about starting to wrap up the main plot and remaining faction quests

Hynkka

Dec 2, 2017
I need help with this one as well. Is there anyway to get rid of the black screen?
I'm adding to this. Stuck on the same thing with a black screen. The menu works and you can enter the gallery, but even then the actual game stays dark.

EDIT: After investigating this a bit I found out you can force the game to undo the black screen by reading a book from your inventory. It is a temporary fix, but it works. You should at least have the book "Maid of the North" in your inventory from the tutorial, no idea if you get it by skipping. Other books you can get at this point are "Lucas' Journal" and "Elvenfall" both during the previous mission.

If you don't have a book you could possibly force the black screen away with another item that darkens the screen, if any exist in the game.

Last edited:

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
Btw what can we do with the Well location in the Prologue? I used the Rope but she couldn't go down.
To be fair, you're not missing out on anything. It's an alternate route into Castle Reinier in the Rivermont branch when you can't or won't help Tubbers smuggling you onto the castle grounds.

If memory serves, on that route there's some pickaxing etc. and eventually you end up going down the unclimbable rope north of the castle, next to a shed that has other bags Claire uses to pretend she's a captive.

Reactions: bobi121

Kevinsaa1

Aug 11, 2022
Anyone know of a game similar to Claire's Quest ? where there are more scenes similar to the pigmen scenes at the beginning of the game in Rivermont ? and yes I've asked this in seperate post, didn't get many answers, seeing as you guys play the game. Figured you might know of or play similar games :)

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes