slowpersun

May 30, 2017
it means only one thing, he have multiple profits, greed is bad
Nope, he made wide range of auditory and is quite fine behavior for any artist. Popularity > money.
You have to think about this rationally here... Some versions of Claire's Quest have explicit content that would be flagged on certain gaming distribution services/platforms (e.g., Steam). Hence, the reason behind creating separate versions of the base game allows the Dev to include content for his subscribers who want to see more of the "explicit" type of content, while still working within the boundaries of what is generally deemed acceptable on some gaming distribution platforms.
Patreon and Steam aren't fans of beasty stuff and incest for pretty obvious reasons... underage stuff too.

LycraPawn

May 13, 2019
Has the quest to restore the mind of Claire's Mom been finished and added to the Steam version of the game yet?

morphisiusz

Dec 19, 2017
Has the quest to restore the mind of Claire's Mom been finished and added to the Steam version of the game yet?
Unfortunately, not yet. You'll have to wait at least a year. The upcoming patch will only come out to fix most of the bugs. And the one that will add something new maybe at the end of 2025. This is such an advanced project that they need a lot of time.

Reactions: LycraPawn
Feb 28, 2022
You have to think about this rationally here... Some versions of Claire's Quest have explicit content that would be flagged on certain gaming distribution services/platforms (e.g., Steam). Hence, the reason behind creating separate versions of the base game allows the Dev to include content for his subscribers who want to see more of the "explicit" type of content, while still working within the boundaries of what is generally deemed acceptable on some gaming distribution platforms.

All that we players of the game have to do is simply read up briefly on what content is included in the right copy of the game and thus, pick and choose the version/standard of the game that includes the content/material that we want to play.

So, in essence, I see this as not exactly being a matter/question of greed on the part of the dev, but moreso appeasement for the dev's broader fan community, supporters and other affiliate groups to give everyone the best of both worlds without being penalized heavily for the fetishes/content that are included in the game.
From what I currently know right now, the problem here is the dev does not bother explain that if I can receive the free update patch or pay little more to receive free update from Steam Edition to Completed Edition. I read the dev patreon again and again and the guys does not even has any explanation on the Steam situation.

「S」- Man

Aug 27, 2021
From what I currently know right now, the problem here is the dev does not bother explain that if I can receive the free update patch or pay little more to receive free update from Steam Edition to Completed Edition. I read the dev patreon again and again and the guys does not even has any explanation on the Steam situation.
Yup Yup... exactly, in all of his channels he just talks about the new art work and polls he by making and acts as if taking 1/2 year to update a game is normal, never cares to explain what is going on and then a bunch of goons just look at this and are convinced that 11k dollars/month is not enough to make new content ever 3 months.

Mashinav1

Jan 23, 2020
Wow he makes a lot of money on a buggy game
Although it is unclear how many people worked on it

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022
Yup Yup... exactly, in all of his channels he just talks about the new art work and polls he by making and acts as if taking 1/2 year to update a game is normal, never cares to explain what is going on and then a bunch of goons just look at this and are convinced that 11k dollars/month is not enough to make new content ever 3 months.
$11,000 per month!!!!!!! The income like that is good enough to live a life of the rich and the programers for his game (not sure if it is also a life of a millionaire)!!!!!!

funny feller

Sep 16, 2019
$11,000 per month!!!!!!! The income like that is good enough to live a life of the rich and the programers for his game (not sure if it is also a life of a millionaire)!!!!!!
thats not enough to cover my monthly debt much less pay for bills and other stuff
sure he is lazy and should switch to pay per release instead of pay per month
but that really isnt that much
you dont get rich from this kind of stuff

Kinky Bully

Feb 17, 2020
thats not enough to cover my monthly debt much less pay for bills and other stuff
I think you are forgetting that they have steam. I wouldn't say that they are rich, but they shouldn't be doing bad either.

Feb 28, 2022
My wrong assumption come from my currently poor lonely life and this:

Here’s a little secret: you can buy everything. Here’s another secret: everything’s for sale. You can buy world-class hackers. You can buy PR agencies so discrete that they can pull off -style media manipulation, misdirection, redirection, and complete narrative rewrites without anyone ever having known, ever. If you have a $10k/month (minimum)-$100k/month in your budget, you can get just about anybody in the world to fabricate reality in just about any way you choose. It’s amazing to watch the best folks work their magic.

bobthefriend

Feb 21, 2024
Hey. I tried a couple of the pc downloads and I kept game a file called "Claires_Quest_0.25.3a_WIN.rar" instead of either something extractable or game.exe like they said in the installation instructions on this site. Does anyone know why that is happening?

Nisselue

Jun 5, 2017
Hey. I tried a couple of the pc downloads and I kept game a file called "Claires_Quest_0.25.3a_WIN.rar" instead of either something extractable or game.exe like they said in the installation instructions on this site. Does anyone know why that is happening?
You can still extract it. Just right click on the file and choose extract all if you have windows 10+ i think.
Or you can use 7zip/winrar to unzip/unrar it.

Vilh

Dec 5, 2019
It depends on where does he live, really. You live in NYC or Los Angeles? Yeah, maybe 11k a month isn't really the big thing. You live in Spain? 11k a month will get you anything you want, any time.

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
Unfortunately, not yet. You'll have to wait at least a year. The upcoming patch will only come out to fix most of the bugs. And the one that will add something new maybe at the end of 2025. This is such an advanced project that they need a lot of time.
Dude I hope you are joking ! You tell me that they will spend two years , TWO freaking years to "maybe" release something new ?! Where are you even getting this information from ?!

morphisiusz

Dec 19, 2017
Dude I hope you are joking ! You tell me that they will spend two years , TWO freaking years to "maybe" release something new ?! Where are you even getting this information from ?!
From Patrons. They are not yet ready to release new content. Until they fix most of the bugs. And it's a complicated process. Which takes a lot of time. You have to be patient. They were probably hoping to get the bugs fixed in a year, but it looks like they need more time. There is nothing to be annoyed about with the current production. Because it won't do anything anyway. It's worth letting go and checking once a year to see how progress is going.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: wolfknot

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
On Patreon see that they are adding new scenes. There is a scene for the end of the Ranger's quest line . So i hope they at least give something when the update comes out in april 2024. You said " new content at the end of 2025" thats all most two years from now ?! Now you say "check once a year" so witch is it ? Every one or two years for new actual content ?!

Reactions: tosha71

Zytoxx

Jan 8, 2019
i was a minor when this game first came out and i swear to god im going to be 30 when its finnished
The patreon experience sadly xd, I donated, tried and finished this game like 3 years ago and they've barely moved in that time while making relatively similar income. And now when I read they need to push back updates for several monthes mainly for bugs... ooof
Sucks that so fuckin many worthwhile patreons just end up in infinite development loops, guess I'll check in a decade or two bois :S

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes