Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Happy Holidays! (Weekly Blog 117 - 118)

Hello all, welcome to another blogpost and HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

With the festive season coming up, I thought we'd show a bit of Christmas spirit around here! As an early Christmas gift, all patrons will be receiving a set of high-resolution Christmas posters featuring our dynamic duo to liven up your desktops, for 'tis the season to be merry! (The actual posters you're getting do get more naughty than this, fret not ;p)

Patrons can also look forward to receiving this month's art packs, which will be released shortly after our next set of sneak peeks, for an upcoming new scene to be set in Rathpike, so as to maximize the content you get!

On that note, art is progressing extremely well! We're now considering adding costume artwork to the UI itself, since we have an excess of resources thanks to our patrons' generosity!

Regarding the patron polls for November, where we polled over whether or not to keep the junk and/or book items in Claire's Quest! The majority (58%) voted for junk items to be removed, but book items to be kept, so that's the course of action we'll go with. Runner-ups were keep all junk and book items (25%), and remove everything (15%).

We'll also have another set of polls in December soon!

Some poor news on the development front - our primary coder for over a year has tendered his resignation, citing the workload as being too much to bear. I fully understand his decision, as indie development can take its toll. His departure does, however, leave us with a serious backlog, as none of the fundamental code we need for O:G to progress has been done, and this also stymies further customization plans for Claire's Quest.

Fortunately, I have managed to scout a number of replacements, and two of them have already commenced taking over the previous coder's duties. Since we had funds saved up for the coding, which our old coder either refunded or didn't accept payment for, we were immediately able to hire them and set them to work. The plan, to prevent any re-occurrence of a single man dropping out basically derailing our development, is to keep two coders on-hand and have one work on CQ, while the other works on O:G, and in the event that any one of them is unable to work the other can pick up the slack.
All in all, things could have been much worse. Thanks to our patrons, we had enough saved up to mitigate what could've been a potentially disastrous situation. I've spent the last few weeks ironing this issue out, and hopefully all's well now. I apologize for the delays.

Well then, please look forward to your presents this festive season, and stay tuned for more news! Once again, happy holidays! Holiday.png

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Yeah for the pit you have to suffer the first couple days, then talk to all 3 women, ask all you can, then go talk to all 3 again at some point you should get a line of new questions (you didn't the first time thru) this opens up 2 of the women to teach Claire new techniques.

During the first day you should go up the steps to the orgy room, you get denied by the thug but after a couple dyas of being successful with the BJ and fuck scenes you can go back and the thug will let you try the orgy pit. This is your way out as a women sees Claire's performance and decides to 'buy' her.

For the time being thats all you see of the women, until the dev gets the other isles developed where I have no doubt you will have to do a bunch of nasty things to pay off your debt! Even tho it appears she bought Claire and allowed her to be free nothing is actually free in life!

Reactions: kekistanik and Yoli

Yoli

Aug 28, 2018
Yeah for the pit you have to suffer the first couple days, then talk to all 3 women, ask all you can, then go talk to all 3 again at some point you should get a line of new questions (you didn't the first time thru) this opens up 2 of the women to teach Claire new techniques.

During the first day you should go up the steps to the orgy room, you get denied by the thug but after a couple dyas of being successful with the BJ and fuck scenes you can go back and the thug will let you try the orgy pit. This is your way out as a women sees Claire's performance and decides to 'buy' her.

For the time being thats all you see of the women, until the dev gets the other isles developed where I have no doubt you will have to do a bunch of nasty things to pay off your debt! Even tho it appears she bought Claire and allowed her to be free nothing is actually free in life!
Thank you for the advices... I'll try again to "visit" the pit

goldenpebbles

Sep 13, 2017
is there a walk trough no matter how far i get the game keeps putting me in the gallery and based on the change logs and comments here the game can't have ended yet.

no matter what direction i take eventually i just end up in the gallery mind you it also keeps replaying the same scene so i can't interact in the gallery either

there is one option where i can stow away for 100 silver but that gives me a loading error
asking the pirate guy in the Inn to deliver you for 200 silver end with me being in the gallery
going trough the castle eventually ends up in gallery also

What do i do? i read you can end up in a pit and there is supposed to be a spanking scene

Reactions: kekistanik

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
is there a walk trough no matter how far i get the game keeps putting me in the gallery and based on the change logs and comments here the game can't have ended yet.

no matter what direction i take eventually i just end up in the gallery mind you it also keeps replaying the same scene so i can't interact in the gallery either

there is one option where i can stow away for 100 silver but that gives me a loading error
asking the pirate guy in the Inn to deliver you for 200 silver end with me being in the gallery
going trough the castle eventually ends up in gallery also

What do i do? i read you can end up in a pit and there is supposed to be a spanking scene
If your playing the the game on the opening page, its just a demo, the dev wanted to see how people liked the 'overhauled' or revamped version before moving forward with the entire overhaul. If you scroll back a few pages someone posted the last version 0.15.2. The next version which will be a full revamp will be 0.16, everyone is still waiting on the next version. Its seen setbacks in recent weeks but it should be getting released shortly!

Wintertales

Sep 21, 2018
One quick question: are the links at the page one updated? or is there a new one and I have to look for it in the comments? I just looked at the pics and this seems good.

Thanks in advance!

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Happy New Year! (Blog 119 ~ 121)
HAPPY 2019 EVERYONE!

So, 2018 has been a blast, with us finally achieving 100% CG progression across the board!

I am elated to announce that both Claire's Quest and Overgrown: Genesis are now very stable with regards to the teams working on them.

Thanks to the generosity of our patrons and their patronage, I have been able to source (and afford) the services of some of the best and most talented. This is despite several hiccups along the way, what with Nikki struggling to keep up with the sheer amount of work, and our sole coder burning out near the end of the year (thus negating any coding progress on O:G).

A quick summary of what's happened so far:

* Nikki struggled to keep up with the CG requirements at our funding level. To remedy this, we recruited the talented Pigutao to join Nikki in the CG art team; their combined efficiency has allowed us to zoom through all the things we need in this front, from system artwork (ie. gameover screens), to the CG sets, to bonus stuff like pin-up posters. This has brought CG artwork to 100% completion and we have many new CGs queued for the new scenes to come in the new updates of both CQ and O:G!

* Our previous coder burned out near the end of the year, effectively stalling progress. However, thanks to the generosity of our patrons, we had a lot of reserve funds saved up. This allowed us to quickly source not one, but two experienced coders, who were both brought in to fix and basically implement ALL the ideas we had for O:G at breakneck speed. Seriously, the luxury of having two coders at the same time on the same project has been borderline tear-jerking for me. Please clap for the arrival of e4io and Berd!

* Also thanks to our patrons' generosity, we were able to recruit Perfeccia Ars's services full-time for at least one month near the end of the year, allowing us to quickly start blazing through the new sprites we need for Claire's Quest overhauls.

This addresses all the problems across my dev team's three main areas (CG artwork, pixel artwork, and coding). Though everybody took a quick break due to the end of the year festive season, soon I will be bringing this talented team's full prowess to bear and hopefully you will see the fruits of their labour and appreciate what they've managed to do!

Another thing to address is the December polls! We polled on which monsters players wanted to see appear in the monster-infested island of Rathpike for Claire's Quest's next stage of the overhaul. The top 3 were due to be selected and put into the game. Unexpectedly, we had a tie for the top 3 and 4, so as a "tiebreaker" of sorts, both will be placed into the game!

From a total of 1,070 votes, the winners are...

GOBLINS - 270 votes
CENTAURS - 253 votes
THE WEREWOLF - 175 votes
THE DRIDER - 175 votes

The Goblins of the Claire's Quest world are diminutive red-skinned creatures, no bigger than a human child, and dwell in underground lairs, and excel at ambush tactics. While weak and cowardly individually, a whole pack of them will bring down even a veteran warrior. They spend their time digging tunnels, and from this underground network they can spring into a village in the dead of night, catching everybody completely unawares as they rape, pillage, and steal to their hearts' content before disappearing without a trace.
The Centaurs are a strange anomaly in the Claire's Quest world, not truly man, not truly monster either; they are not entirely feral like most monsters, and bear some semblance of sentience and civilization. They are a nomadic lot, roaming the harsh steppes of Rathpike, shooting down both men and monsters who dare to tread too close to their horde.

The Werewolf is a cursed Valosian nobleman, doomed to transform into a ferocious lycanthrope under the moonlight. He has willingly separated himself from family and friends, for fear that he will turn and slaughter them all - or has he already, and is that the reason for his madness?

The Drider is a horrifying creature of legend, said to be a beautiful woman from the waist-up, and a ravenous futanari giant spider monster from the waist down. She haunts the catacombs of an ancient civilization that predates the city-states, and none who venture into her lair return... Or perhaps, they don't want to...?

These monstrous fiends will likely feature in the next minigame featuring a monstrous theme, but, that will likely follow after the Valos major overhaul!

That's all for now, stay tuned for more updates!

And once again, a happy new year to all!

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Here is some galleries of Pigutao works from E-Hentai

And Pigutao's Deviant account (you need to create an account of your own to view 'adult' content, if your not registered on Deviant)

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Happy New Year! (Blog 119 ~ 121)
HAPPY 2019 EVERYONE!

So, 2018 has been a blast, with us finally achieving 100% CG progression across the board!

I am elated to announce that both Claire's Quest and Overgrown: Genesis are now very stable with regards to the teams working on them.

Thanks to the generosity of our patrons and their patronage, I have been able to source (and afford) the services of some of the best and most talented. This is despite several hiccups along the way, what with Nikki struggling to keep up with the sheer amount of work, and our sole coder burning out near the end of the year (thus negating any coding progress on O:G).

A quick summary of what's happened so far:

* Nikki struggled to keep up with the CG requirements at our funding level. To remedy this, we recruited the talented Pigutao to join Nikki in the CG art team; their combined efficiency has allowed us to zoom through all the things we need in this front, from system artwork (ie. gameover screens), to the CG sets, to bonus stuff like pin-up posters. This has brought CG artwork to 100% completion and we have many new CGs queued for the new scenes to come in the new updates of both CQ and O:G!

* Our previous coder burned out near the end of the year, effectively stalling progress. However, thanks to the generosity of our patrons, we had a lot of reserve funds saved up. This allowed us to quickly source not one, but two experienced coders, who were both brought in to fix and basically implement ALL the ideas we had for O:G at breakneck speed. Seriously, the luxury of having two coders at the same time on the same project has been borderline tear-jerking for me. Please clap for the arrival of e4io and Berd!

* Also thanks to our patrons' generosity, we were able to recruit Perfeccia Ars's services full-time for at least one month near the end of the year, allowing us to quickly start blazing through the new sprites we need for Claire's Quest overhauls.

This addresses all the problems across my dev team's three main areas (CG artwork, pixel artwork, and coding). Though everybody took a quick break due to the end of the year festive season, soon I will be bringing this talented team's full prowess to bear and hopefully you will see the fruits of their labour and appreciate what they've managed to do!

Another thing to address is the December polls! We polled on which monsters players wanted to see appear in the monster-infested island of Rathpike for Claire's Quest's next stage of the overhaul. The top 3 were due to be selected and put into the game. Unexpectedly, we had a tie for the top 3 and 4, so as a "tiebreaker" of sorts, both will be placed into the game!

From a total of 1,070 votes, the winners are...

GOBLINS - 270 votes
CENTAURS - 253 votes
THE WEREWOLF - 175 votes
THE DRIDER - 175 votes

The Goblins of the Claire's Quest world are diminutive red-skinned creatures, no bigger than a human child, and dwell in underground lairs, and excel at ambush tactics. While weak and cowardly individually, a whole pack of them will bring down even a veteran warrior. They spend their time digging tunnels, and from this underground network they can spring into a village in the dead of night, catching everybody completely unawares as they rape, pillage, and steal to their hearts' content before disappearing without a trace.
The Centaurs are a strange anomaly in the Claire's Quest world, not truly man, not truly monster either; they are not entirely feral like most monsters, and bear some semblance of sentience and civilization. They are a nomadic lot, roaming the harsh steppes of Rathpike, shooting down both men and monsters who dare to tread too close to their horde.

The Werewolf is a cursed Valosian nobleman, doomed to transform into a ferocious lycanthrope under the moonlight. He has willingly separated himself from family and friends, for fear that he will turn and slaughter them all - or has he already, and is that the reason for his madness?

The Drider is a horrifying creature of legend, said to be a beautiful woman from the waist-up, and a ravenous futanari giant spider monster from the waist down. She haunts the catacombs of an ancient civilization that predates the city-states, and none who venture into her lair return... Or perhaps, they don't want to...?

These monstrous fiends will likely feature in the next minigame featuring a monstrous theme, but, that will likely follow after the Valos major overhaul!

That's all for now, stay tuned for more updates!

And once again, a happy new year to all!
Really happy they are going to put all four monsters ingame. Not a big fan of goblins (seems like they are everywhere) but interested on the other three.

Reactions: Re-4Andrew

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Does the Overhaul Demo have all the same stuff as the 0.15 release? Is it missing anything?
No, its just that a short demo, really just a visual sample of what the entire game will look like when the overhaul is done and the next 0.16 update comes out. But that may have to wait, at this point players/donators are getting antsy over there being no recent release. So the next release may be just a complete overhual of 0.15 (with some monsters added not seen in the old version of 0.15)

Reactions: kshyk and agilitree

agilitree

Jan 2, 2018
No, its just that a short demo, really just a visual sample of what the entire game will look like when the overhaul is done and the next 0.16 update comes out. But that may have to wait, at this point players/donators are getting antsy over there being no recent release. So the next release may be just a complete overhual of 0.15 (with some monsters added not seen in the old version of 0.15)
Thank you. That was helpful and saved me a lot of time.

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
So this Overhaul Demo is, at least for me, utterly broken. I only now found the time to give it a try, and bugs are everywhere past the refugies'camp. The Baker's boy quest always end with Claire being stuck behind the baker after talking with the kid about his drawing, whenever I go to the gallery an eternal loop of Claire's strip-tease scene starts, and when I tried sailing with the pirate asking for 200 silvers, all I got was a "map not found" error.

Not complaining though, I just hope the devs are aware of what's going on.

wasabi232

Aug 14, 2017
So this Overhaul Demo is, at least for me, utterly broken. I only now found the time to give it a try, and bugs are everywhere past the refugies'camp. The Baker's boy quest always end with Claire being stuck behind the baker after talking with the kid about his drawing, whenever I go to the gallery an eternal loop of Claire's strip-tease scene starts, and when I tried sailing with the pirate asking for 200 silvers, all I got was a "map not found" error.

Not complaining though, I just hope the devs are aware of what's going on.
Same here

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
The dev knows but again its just a concept demo to see what players thought of the overhaul! As a dev you'd be wasting time, money to do an overhaul only to find out players hate it. The demo also gives the dev feedback for ideas players have that can be added as the dev is going thru the overhaul, as well as future content from feedback. WHat sucks is those ideas/suggestions usually end up involving monthly polls, I'm not a fan of this, just add the content you have in mind and be done with it. A lot of of the devs ideas end up not making the game which would only add, by far, more content to the game. It would take a little longer for updates but if you can keep the update period consistent I don't see that being a problem with players/supporters!

4.30 star(s) 107 Votes