Parthornax

Feb 5, 2018
Now this looks very interesting! the TiTs and CoC games have little in terms of competition despite their massive success...

Hopefully, one day the fenoxo gang will be unsnuggled from cozy money beds and be forced to actually compete and step up their game. I mean TiTs main story has not advanced in almost 2 years and content has been amputated.

In the meantime we have cloud 10, lilths throne and there was another one but ill add its name when i remember it.

The lack of competition leads to stagnation and corruption.

I LOVE THIS GAME! THIS IS SOME CATHULU SCI-FY SHIT! You don't own the ship, the ship owns you. YOU. ARE. VULNERABLE. You can't lift 1,000 Lbs. You are not a warrior. You are just a person. A person caught in something that goes beyond his/her mortal comprehension and your attempts to survive is probably damning the universe, very Lovecraftian in my opinion. I like the concept of the ship and the AI. Its pure genius. The ship owns you and your cool suit is a subtle attestment to that. your suit retracts into the collar (I did not notice it at first because real space suits have a collar so they can attach the helmet) so imagine your character only wearing the collar and what does your character look like? a slave.

It appears that they will be pushing the submissive fetish but you can enslave people so dom content will most likely be a thing. im fine with both as along as i can decide.

Last edited:

tontoman

May 4, 2017
Yeah, once you figure out how to get gold it's rather easy. I now have lots of gold, scrap, and what-have-you ... and I seem to be unable to progress due to missing content.
  • Button to make partial payment on debt is disabled (content probably isn't written yet).
  • Button to reduce submission to Iannan becomes disabled after one use (probably because content for the next levels of relaxed submission haven't been written yet).
  • Flown 75 jumps (in one excursion) into the Cloud and keep encountering the same half-dozen or so random encounters. No new hub locations, no new named NPCs to be found.
  • No in-game way to improve Luck or Guts.
  • Can't capture slaves when defeating pirates, so the Limbic Bureau is a useless location.
You can do Guts with the Nephews. Might have to hang with them once or something for the option to pop up, but once it's up it stays.
---
But interesting start, looking forward to see where it goes.

Reactions: MadHacker

MadHacker

Dec 23, 2017
Awolfe: People on the TFGames forum got thousands of gold and told us the game was too easy, though.
Currently the two different fights (drone and wrecker) are easy enough that most of the time you can end the fight with only shield damage. On the damage side, you can essentially keep jumping indefinitely (I managed to get 40 jumps out and back with only 2 armor damage). As for the nerve damage from getting scared, once I got enough into the Guts stat to handle the current scary situations, I found that the positive events were enough to outway the negative ones meaning you can last indefinitely that way, too.

I stopped playing when I had a couple thousand gold and about 500 scrap. Personally, I'd make it just a tinge more difficult, but then you run the risk of irritating those who want a really easy game. Best way to solve that is simply tune it to what you think is right and add an easy mode (i.e. halve damage taken, double damage given) and hard mode (i.e. 33% more damage taken, 33% less damage given).

Last edited:

tontoman

May 4, 2017
To improve Guts you need to soend time with your boss' nephews.
How do you improve booksmarts?
It comes with some of the data mining encounters. The one with an option of data or scraps for one. Choose data, get booksmart points.

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
@Awolfe: People on the TFGames forum got thousands of gold and told us the game was too easy, though.
It's one of those things where veeery early on you're scraping by but once you've been out a few times you'll get plenty of money. Of course it's really too early to think about balancing issues; there's hardly anything to spend money on and no other hub location so if you do keep playing then yeah, you'll quickly reach a point where you're raking it in. You could combat that somewhat by forcing debt repayments once you reach a certain amount of money or laying down goals for the debt that have to be met within a period of time and so on.

I can definitely tell there are different writers working on this and that some of them are way more experienced than others, the introduction stuff is super dry but the dialogue and descriptions mysteriously liven up during other scenes. It'd be worth making another pass over the intro to try and liven it up a bit, all of the unnaturally stiff dialogue (things like repeated stubby declarations, "I want that. I need that. You will help me with that." don't read well and there's a stuffiness to many of the word choices that screams 'not a lot of experience and a desire to be taken seriously') doesn't make for a great first impression but once the game starts it more than makes up for that.

The strong point is a solid sense of venturing into the unknown that none of the CoC-derivatives have had since the original. That was refreshing and hooked me instantly. This may just be me, but I'd honestly rather have that stronger sense of adventure and discovery that ends with sex as opposed to hubs full of interchangeable tail on call. Quality over quantity and discovery over easy availability.

An active battle system was an interesting choice, too. It's barebones at the moment but more engaging than a turn based variant would be.

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
I LOVE THIS GAME! THIS IS SOME CATHULU SCI-FY SHIT! You don't own the ship, the ship owns you. YOU. ARE. VULNERABLE. You can't lift 1,000 Lbs. You are not a warrior. You are just a person. A person caught in something that goes beyond his/her mortal comprehension and your attempts to survive is probably damning the universe, very Lovecraftian in my opinion. I like the concept of the ship and the AI. Its pure genius. The ship owns you and your cool suit is a subtle attestment to that. your suit retracts into the collar (I did not notice it at first because real space suits have a collar so they can attach the helmet) so imagine your character only wearing the collar and what does your character look like? a slave.
Oh yeah, I really like the concept even if the writing for it needs some polishing. The AI is more than a little unsettling and you're clearly caught up in something beyond you, clearly being manipulated by the AI and the design elements reinforce that as you said. At the onset you're trapped under a pile of debt -and- under the thumb of some slutty AI that may be a god and no idea how you're going to deal with either one. There's both mystery and intrigue to it as well as a strong push to do something about it.

Noob Salad

Team Albedo Leader
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2016
balitz Method: You've fallen for my trick. Even though there are multiple writers only two of their works are ingame right now. And one of them is limited to Opphshar Leaves. Here's my hypothesis on why you thought there were multiple styles: Iannan talks weird. Iannan talks the way she does because she's an ancient AI that's been asleep forever and just learned English (from you). She's also regal, dominant, imposing, etc. She'll probably always talk like that but if you don't like it don't worry; there'll be plenty of other characters to interact with.

Theguywiththequestions: Who's Ryahn? A leader am I.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

DragonkingKyo

Jun 5, 2017
CoC2 sucks compared to TiTs. Even compared to CoC it’s bad
I always feel disappointed in both they always limit themselves in what you can do with the characters(not just player character) in a game style that has no limits(example the huge breast cat girl in CoC2 you either have to be willing to share her with others or not be with her at all, why can't you convince her to only be with you or be a bad guy and break her to be only yours I know those who come up with the character want the to be certain ways and they can as the main path for that character but in a game TiTs CoC, and CoC2 it is possible for all kind of stuff.

but they are always self limit the possibilities despite the ability to do other wise.)(just one game that allow true freedom and use the full potential and possibilities of games like them, not just in character creation/customization or being good, evil or in-between but also the in interactions with the NPCs too(especial romance able ones), is that so bad/hard to ask for?)(I know it is possible especially in a text based game but no one ever does it)(so sad)

Last edited:

tontoman

May 4, 2017
can't improve perception or booksmarts even trying data on every option
Hmmm, you playing offline? Online had an update message pop up, so it might be a change. Just Booksmarts though, haven't seen my perception change at all.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes