lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
If Noob was willing to shell out thousands for the CGI and wasn't expecting to make a profit off of all this, then I don't understand why he couldn't just hire another programmer to implement the written content that's ready to go. It's just a text game, after all.
He's taking revenge on all the people who left rude comments, obviously.

Noob Salad

Team Albedo Leader
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2016
If Noob was willing to shell out thousands for the CGI and wasn't expecting to make a profit off of all this, then I don't understand why he couldn't just hire another programmer to implement the written content that's ready to go. It's just a text game, after all.
I coded for fun and to learn React and I had a lot of free time and more money then. Now I have a much more demanding job where I already have to code all day in React + just bought a house.

Reactions: balamorys

katatog12321

Jul 27, 2019
So if patreon is not taking donations, does that mean that you can't obtain full version if you haven't donated before?

Noob Salad

Team Albedo Leader
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2016
You can donate now if you really want the full version, it just won't charge you again every month.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
TBF the game is 100% worth playing, but except for a couple extreme exceptions I don't share backer versions myself.

Noob Salad

Team Albedo Leader
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2016
That really is sad, backer version is it 5 dollars or 1?
It's $10 but it's a one time fee so if you pay $10 and then unpledge you don't lose access. Or you can pay $1 a month for 10 months, that also works. Etc, etc.

Nekotama

Jul 25, 2021
It's $10 but it's a one time fee so if you pay $10 and then unpledge you don't lose access. Or you can pay $1 a month for 10 months, that also works. Etc, etc.
I don't often post here on the boards, but like do you think at some later date that you would end up going back to that project? Even though I only had the opportunity to play the free version. I totally think that it's an overall fun game. I did see the post about the new job and home. So I'm just wondering whether you would consider it truly abandoned or just suspended for an unknown length of time.

Reactions: Axel34

Noob Salad

Team Albedo Leader
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2016
Its dead Jim.
He has a real job now.
His Patrons outlived their usefulness.
Usefulness? Cloud 10 was never profitable. I spent my own money on the game, art was over two grand a month by itself. 100% of the Patreon income went towards art, and then the rest of it + writing I paid for out of pocket.

Ultimately it was just a game made for fun, not for my own livelihood. And I did have a job while I was working on it, it's just my workload changed.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes