BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
Do you know what would be cool? Getting the CG-version for the public since it's been 2 years and a half since last patreon post... :WeSmart:
Getting the last build is even out of the question, dev wants it buried and for no one to give him money anymore, nor ever again most likely.

• Haha
Reactions: lnppo

Noob Salad

Team Albedo Leader
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2016
Getting the last build is even out of the question, dev wants it buried and for no one to give him money anymore, nor ever again most likely.
Actually the way it works is if you've *ever* donated $10 to the Patreon (in total so 10 $1 donations also counts) you get access to the last build along with all the CGs.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
I may be misremembering, but I think this is one of those "dev confirmed set aside for good" cases? A year of folks stating how bummed out they are that it's dropped seems to a solid confirmation anyways.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I may be misremembering, but I think this is one of those "dev confirmed set aside for good" cases? A year of folks stating how bummed out they are that it's dropped seems to a solid confirmation anyways.
"Indefinite hiatus", not "confirmed set aside for good". And why would a bunch of people posting stuff on the internet be confirmation about the actual status of the game? 90% of posts on this forum haven't even read the last few posts before their own. Most of them just see the "Abandoned" tag and say "oh no game dead", so it doesn't really mean anything. The last time the dev said anything about the subject (which was admittedly over a year ago), it was just that they couldn't keep updating for now but might come back to it in the future.

Eh, it's complicated; covid started, I got sick (unrelated), and am currently interviewing for some new jobs. Just haven't had the time.

New content has already been written tho.

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
If Noob was willing to shell out thousands for the CGI and wasn't expecting to make a profit off of all this, then I don't understand why he couldn't just hire another programmer to implement the written content that's ready to go. It's just a text game, after all.

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
If Noob was willing to shell out thousands for the CGI and wasn't expecting to make a profit off of all this, then I don't understand why he couldn't just hire another programmer to implement the written content that's ready to go. It's just a text game, after all.
He's taking revenge on all the people who left rude comments, obviously.

Noob Salad

Team Albedo Leader
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2016
I coded for fun and to learn React and I had a lot of free time and more money then. Now I have a much more demanding job where I already have to code all day in React + just bought a house.

Reactions: balamorys

katatog12321

Jul 27, 2019
So if patreon is not taking donations, does that mean that you can't obtain full version if you haven't donated before?

Noob Salad

Team Albedo Leader
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2016
You can donate now if you really want the full version, it just won't charge you again every month.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes