X Death

Jan 22, 2020
if you guys wondering how to cheat and always fail, well using cheat engine the way you use it maybe it was a mistake. You can use cheat engine, but you must create the script first. well, im not gonna tell you how to make it but i'll tell you how to cheat using another way. since the dev seems so clever hiding the variable in the browser console by throw the value to another value so you might need some work if you want to do it in the console browser, so i decide not cheat that way.

Another way is edit the files itself, you just need to download the offline file and edit the main.*.chunk.js, and after that save to text and paste it to the online version. just tell me if you need the cheat js file and i'll upload it.

Reactions: nikcha

Noob Salad

Team Albedo Leader
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2016
X Death Hey, so a couple of things:
  • We're not doing any variable hiding. That's not even possible; JavaScript is an interpreted language and you're at the mercy of your specific browser's virtual machine. Variable names are randomly set by Babel at compile time, but using the console still works, just not like CoC2 for example where everything is global.
  • It's absolutely possible to cheat normally with Cheat Engine; if you search this thread you'll see people explaining how they did it.
  • The offline build is literally a year behind the current build, lol. I don't recommend trying to bring saves forward that much, but you do you.
  • We're on a pirating website, literally no one cares if you cheat, least of all me. You don't need to pretend like you're doing a drug deal, just share whatever cheat files you want.
  • You can actually download the newest chunk files from the current online build using the browser tools.
  • You don't need to do any of this because the save file isn't encrypted, just encoded for transfer purposes. If you search the thread you can find someone explaining how to save edit.

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
X Death Hey, so a couple of things:
no problem, everything is work as intended.
as for console, im too lazy looking for the global variable, i spend 1 hour and gave up.
as for cheat engine, im not experienced with it, so maybe i need to learn more how to use that tools
as for that, i try to edit the js instead because, why not it's the game system and much more easier for me and i can new game freely without cheat again.

well, the game is great, i once forgot the mission detail and decide just back and forward the cloud and the mission is complete. would be great if add mission menu and i wonder the cg img is just for woman character or there's no cg/illustration.
it would be great if you can upgrade your spaceship, but im pretty sure you'll implemented it in later update well overall i enjoy it. looking forward for the next update.

Last edited:

Corootai

Aug 24, 2019
hey noob salad, i just wanted to reach out and say, awesome game, it took abit to fully dabble and build the character the way i like but i really enjoyed your game and hope you find a way to release it, i wouldn't mind dropping 10-20 bucks on this on steam or other places like itch.io keep up the epic work good sir~!

Enfrize

May 9, 2018
When I try to edit money or scrap with Cheat Engine, I am able to find a correct number but nothing happens when I change it D: Any guide on how to cheat properly?

Noob Salad

Team Albedo Leader
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2016
Please search the thread, people have gotten both Cheat Engine and save editing working. I've actually never bothered trying to do it myself so I'm not sure.

slimyboi

Jan 31, 2021
I haven’t played in a long time but I was checking it out again, did something happen that stopped development or is it still being worked on? For me it says last public build was in December, and from the looks of it there haven’t been any patron builds or updates either. I am not subscribed though so maybe I can’t see it.

Noob Salad

Team Albedo Leader
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2016
Eh, it's complicated; covid started, I got sick (unrelated), and am currently interviewing for some new jobs. Just haven't had the time.

New content has already been written tho.

Corootai

Aug 24, 2019
Eh, it's complicated; covid started, I got sick (unrelated), and am currently interviewing for some new jobs. Just haven't had the time.

New content has already been written tho.
^_^ hype, can't wait till you're able to get around to allowing us to see the new content, also best of luck getting the new gig, hope it's something that works out

Corootai

Aug 24, 2019
There like a walkthrough because I want to leave auspice but did most everything I could to gather data and haven't found a way off
not going to lie i wish there was something to help new players, my advice is to jump in and experiment, and then collect as much junk as you can before playing it safe returning it and selling it. then once you've made enough cash and upgraded your skills and gotten a handful of the upgrades then try digging abit deeper in what the space feds want and then after doing two or three missions you should be at a decent spot. hope this helps

Boghog

Jun 29, 2018
I have downloaded the game and played it for quite abit, and i do understand that this is the free build and is not that up to date, but wow is it empty, not much to do tbh, like i can do a full 50 fuel journey out and back in five minutes cause all i need to see is the options that are available to select and then just breeze through all events cause they are the same all the time.

Another little con is once you get to 20 in almost every stat apart from guts (Which there isnt an option to upgrade that i can find) and luck, there is not much to work towards anymore, like you can't buy weapons for your ship, to improve your ship you need to get the very rare reacher pod event and jump into them which raises your sub by a tiny amount, there is just not too much for you to aspire towards in this version of the game.

Also there is no transformation/changing of the character, like my starter girl is a pear body shape and i can't change that in any way. Very frustrating.

Like its fun to play for a bit, but you have pretty much finished the game in about four hours, and it only takes that long because you have to grind money for everything.

Boghog

Jun 29, 2018
not going to lie i wish there was something to help new players, my advice is to jump in and experiment, and then collect as much junk as you can before playing it safe returning it and selling it. then once you've made enough cash and upgraded your skills and gotten a handful of the upgrades then try digging abit deeper in what the space feds want and then after doing two or three missions you should be at a decent spot. hope this helps
I will also add to Corootai above my previous post that i have done about 10 ITE missions and still have no way to go to a different station, its apparently just not possible, you are stuck here at Auspice station.

Corootai

Aug 24, 2019
I will also add to Corootai above my previous post that i have done about 10 ITE missions and still have no way to go to a different station, its apparently just not possible, you are stuck here at Auspice station.
i'm still stuck there myself, honestly i thought this was the only station i came across that one void and it gave you a choice but it seemed like a instant game over.

Noob Salad

Team Albedo Leader
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2016
Boghog Sorry but can you clarify what you meant by "downloaded the game" and "free build"? Because the offline version linked on the first post is literally several hundred thousand words behind, lol. Which is weird because you mentioned the ITE and I'm pretty sure they're not in the mirrored version at all.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes