1.90 star(s) 101 Votes

jokuur

May 23, 2019
I am talking about Cloud Meadow, not the games on here in general. People on this thread already don't like the game, so they don't need to keep repeating the same things over and over.
they sadly do to inform new people imo, someone comes here saupport without any info and might be dissapointed cus DEV could potentially show what he can do like he did before
well if someone is irresponsible to risk money like this loosing it by getting milked like cow would be partly their own fault too

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
they sadly do to inform new people imo, someone comes here saupport without any info and might be dissapointed cus DEV could potentially show what he can do like he did before
well if someone is irresponsible to risk money like this loosing it by getting milked like cow would be partly their own fault too
Sadly, most of people are stupid asf. Time traveller from 90's visited and I could't explain to him - why people get scammed after YEARS(even decades) of eating sh*t.
They buy same Call of Sh*tty with same bugs each year. Then they buy same fifas for a chance to sell a kidney to buy more lootboxes to get sh*t. And then next year they do this AGAIN. Then the see a flashy ads - and pay for some early acces.
"Do you know definition of insanity? Insanity is doing the same f*c*ing thing over and over again expecting sh*t to change."
So - when some people in 2023 DO NOT EVEN TRY TO SEARCH any info about project before spendong money - they deserve each pound of sh*t they get. Sad but true. We only could hope that maybe this time they learn something. So, do you know definition of insanity?)

lurker2117

Apr 20, 2021
Welp, i had Cloud Meadow on my Steam's Wishlist. Thanks for the headsup about the development nightmare that is this game xddddd

i'll try it out here and if i end up liking it and the dev keeps pumping content, i'll buy it. Jesus, this one and Seed of Chaos have a fuck ton of potential and end up getting new content once every 5 full moons :(

PS: nevermind, too much of a clusterfuck to sink a burger menu into

Last edited:

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
Welp, i had Cloud Meadow on my Steam's Wishlist. Thanks for the headsup about the development nightmare that is this game xddddd

i'll try it out here and if i end up liking it and the dev keeps pumping content, i'll buy it. Jesus, this one and Seed of Chaos have a fuck ton of potential and end up getting new content once every 5 full moons :(

PS: nevermind, too much of a clusterfuck to sink a burger menu into
Cloud meadow is pretty much a glorified milking scheme. 18K a month and unable to provide half of the game finished in 7 years.

Sep 17, 2022
I really have to wonder what the "creative differences" S-Purple had with Breeding Season were, not being enough of a scam? Forcing him to actually work for his money?
For those that might not know the lore, the artist behind another game called Breeding Season used his contract to kill that game, since he technically owned all the art for it he had the right to just leave and forbid them from using the art. The claim was that it was mismanaged and the writer/programmer was immature about it, but then he also went on to launch a carbon copy of that game called Cloud Meadow, and here we are now, several artists and writers on his team, not a drop of substance.
Thankfully he's not doing half as well as Breeding Season was, but it's still $18k he gets to make while jacking off and shit-posting.

Reactions: Runufiv

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
I really have to wonder what the "creative differences" S-Purple had with Breeding Season were, not being enough of a scam? Forcing him to actually work for his money?
For those that might not know the lore, the artist behind another game called Breeding Season used his contract to kill that game, since he technically owned all the art for it he had the right to just leave and forbid them from using the art. The claim was that it was mismanaged and the writer/programmer was immature about it, but then he also went on to launch a carbon copy of that game called Cloud Meadow, and here we are now, several artists and writers on his team, not a drop of substance.
Thankfully he's not doing half as well as Breeding Season was, but it's still $18k he gets to make while jacking off and shit-posting.
It's funny when you think about the fact that S-Purple casually at points stops his work and goes on to make Darkest Dungeon mods.

Not to speak of the fact that he was working on another huge overhaul mod.
7 fucking years and instead of doing his job that people pay him for, he's out there making DD mods. Granted, they are pretty damn good.

There is simply no way they have to take apparent NINE YEARS to finish a singular game with this level of financing. That's of course assuming they release 1.0 in 2025.

ejmuerte

Sep 24, 2018
It's funny when you think about the fact that S-Purple casually at points stops his work and goes on to make Darkest Dungeon mods.

Not to speak of the fact that he was working on another huge overhaul mod.
7 fucking years and instead of doing his job that people pay him for, he's out there making DD mods. Granted, they are pretty damn good.

There is simply no way they have to take apparent NINE YEARS to finish a singular game with this level of financing. That's of course assuming they release 1.0 in 2025.
the biggest plot twist on his work, if he is not gonna make more new artwork in cloud meadow, he just simply make mods in DD and i found that in kemono site where he streams and makes DD mods.

Sep 17, 2022
damn why does this game have such low ratings????? I haven't played this game in like a year but when I was playing it, it was actually really good. How come so many people dislike it?
Just read up the thread a little bit. For as promising as the game would be the developer has no interest in making it anymore, despite making promises and a six figure income off of them. So it has almost no content even though it's been in development for 7-8 years now.
Technically you can't rate a game for what the developer does on Patreon, but I don't think the mods care.

Nullnal1

Jul 12, 2018
god damn it's sad that after so many years, this game is just on 0.1.4.1. At this rate it seems like s-purple was the reason the game this is a sprititual succesor to went under(was it? I forgot all the stuff from that)

Sep 17, 2022
At this rate it seems like s-purple was the reason the game this is a sprititual succesor to went under(was it? I forgot all the stuff from that)
I'd say probably.
S-purple was the artist for Breeding Season and he used his contract to forbid the game's Writer/Programmer H-bomb from using the art, no art no game. His argument for why this wasn't evil was that the game was poorly managed and H-bomb is an asshole, and I vaguely remember H-bomb admitting to having a variety of mental issues regarding stress and focus. So the two got into arguments often and eventually he decided to kill his competition and make Cloud Meadow. It's a good argument if you assume S-purple was the good guy in their fights, but if Cloud Meadow is his vision for Breeding Season he's essentially saying he wanted to run it like this from the start, so maybe those arguments were more along the lines of "Let's turn this into a minimum-effort cash-cow", at that point Breeding Season was the #1 most profitable game on Patreon.
It did end up biting him in the ass though, if you want a silver lining for this story. Only a third of the Breeding Season subscribers fund this due to excessive bad press.

1.90 star(s) 101 Votes