potoo?

Jun 21, 2020
People are still people, as always. You have a beautiful style, you draw very cool and beautiful. Look how many people have been attracted to your work, even though they write with negativity, but they are all complete perverts, as soon as they like your work again, they will quickly turn past experiences into jokes.
(The main thing is not to forget to set goals for yourself, and be able to understand what kind of ending you want to see)

potoo?

Jun 21, 2020
How many different kinds of slag are produced by people with desire, but without abilities. You have both, do what you want, no one else decides shit anyway. Well, if you put aside financial support :D

Sweet Force

May 18, 2017
After seeing many such comments, I am more inclined to unfreeze my Unity remake of Saria and attempt to suggest collaboratation (I am programmer, he is arts and plot?) with or hire Velmith as an artist. Last summer, I succeeded in creating nearly 30% of the game mechanics, along with some advancements in UX, animations, and more.

Here is one of the scrapped videos from the Discord server where I demonstrated the new X-ray feature for clothes (coom can now be under clothes) and Saria's poster reaction to stat changes.

When he announced the rework (and later abandoned) game, I lost motivation to complete the "Saria Reclaimed United/Unified" remake in Unity.

Even now, I am not sure how Vel will react to anyone's offer of help. Earlier in the Discord server, he mentioned that some programmers/developers left him with spaghetti code (if, in reality, he did not lie or force them to leave), but he also expressed frustration at having to write RPG Maker code before drawing. \(〇_o)/

I had in plans support of mobile devices, gamepads, single hand mode, some UX fixes, gallery contructor, add localization support and some other things, which I could did from my side as developer/programmer.

View attachment 3508425
If Velminth makes the bad decision (as always) of not working with you and treating you badly, I suggest that you still continue the project, with the abandonment of SR, there was a need in people for a game like that, you could look for another artist with a similar style and remake the game, improving the flaws that the abandoned version of Velminth had. It wouldn't be the first game that is a "Remake" of an abandoned game or one with slow development. Good luck on your project.

• Red Heart
Reactions: anon241 and Jeidoz

HYUA

Feb 11, 2024
in all point you could just make a game inspire by it, and have artit with similatr art.

If Velminth makes the bad decision (as always) of not working with you and treating you badly, I suggest that you still continue the project, with the abandonment of SR, there was a need in people for a game like that, you could look for another artist with a similar style and remake the game, improving the flaws that the abandoned version of Velminth had. It wouldn't be the first game that is a "Remake" of an abandoned game or one with slow development. Good luck on your project.
this

Reactions: Jrar

Kormk

Mar 17, 2020
ya know, he does come here to read comments doesnt he? know what?
while i kick back and eat some popcorn while reading the MASS ROASTAGE of this poor con-artist bastard

Im going to leave behind a little message for the game dev, in hopes he sees it:

Velminth

if you are reading this
by all means.

prove us wrong

I NEVER actively WISH for the downfall of a game.
I can certainly TELL when one is going to buckle and shatter

but i dont actively wish it to happen, to me, games are art and i always wish to see art succeed...

even if the creator is whiney, unprofessional and all around a complete and utter dick-piston.

good art can come from anywhere
by anyone
regardless of how badly they deserve to be punched in the face and/or kicked in the groin.

so i fuckin CHALLANGE you to prove us wrong
make every single one of us eat our god damn words, its a win win if you do.

you shake off your rep of being a shitty dev
we stop talking smack about you and get a good game out of it.

use SPITE as fuel, tie down your boots and make a good game so you can say "fuck all of you for saying i couldnt"

I will be watching with great intrest to see if you pull it off, or if history repeats itself just as everyone says it will.

Did the Dev just got triple dog dared?

PombaTomandoCafe999

Feb 27, 2019
After seeing many such comments, I am more inclined to unfreeze my Unity remake of Saria and attempt to suggest collaboratation (I am programmer, he is arts and plot?) with or hire Velmith as an artist. Last summer, I succeeded in creating nearly 30% of the game mechanics, along with some advancements in UX, animations, and more.

Here is one of the scrapped videos from the Discord server where I demonstrated the new X-ray feature for clothes (coom can now be under clothes) and Saria's poster reaction to stat changes.

When he announced the rework (and later abandoned) game, I lost motivation to complete the "Saria Reclaimed United/Unified" remake in Unity.

Even now, I am not sure how Vel will react to anyone's offer of help. Earlier in the Discord server, he mentioned that some programmers/developers left him with spaghetti code (if, in reality, he did not lie or force them to leave), but he also expressed frustration at having to write RPG Maker code before drawing. \(〇_o)/

I had in plans support of mobile devices, gamepads, single hand mode, some UX fixes, gallery contructor, add localization support and some other things, which I could did from my side as developer/programmer.

View attachment 3508425
Damn, impressive work dude! The main problem of Saria was the dev's lack of experience in coding, he had interesting ideas but always ended being buggy and sometimes unplayable, he says the transition to VN is because the fact he takes too long to draw pixel art but honestly I hardly doubt that, I think he just couldn't handle the spaghetti code he made and remade the entire project just to not deal with the legacy version's bugs. It would be great if Vel agrees working with you, Saria is a far ambicious project but handling all the coding, art, level design, game mechanics all alone is frustrating. He just set the bar too high

Spenser4

Jan 8, 2019

View attachment 3508425
Oh man, this is exactly what needed in original game, looking very promising already. Not sure how you going to draw arts if decided to adding something completely new, but wish you succeed. Where we can watch at progress and help?

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020

View attachment 3508425
That's some impressive work you did here dude
Nice job
You could try asking vel's for help/hire him as an artist but honestly i dont know if it's such a great idea
The guy made a show of how rude and arrogant he is.
Chances are that if you ask him help his answer will be something like "lol no" and proceed to ridicule you just because he can.
But hey if you manage to get his help then maybe saria still has a chance

obake

Oct 4, 2017
dang, everyone first loved his game, that made him popular, then we made a few bad tweaks then got a lot of criticism for it, that also made him popular, now everyone knows him, is the dude just trying to find a system that works for him, I mean he could go re-roll the previous version of the game and work on it no?

Reactions: dee45

dee45

Apr 29, 2020
God the amount of entitled shitstains in these comments is bewildering, that first page is just pure toxicity

1712319509328.png

the fact is it was the COMMUNITY that voted for the cards and changes, and it went tits up, which added even more work onto the game without any real progression from that point. When you're the artist, coder, writer, developer as a whole, and you're getting the community slating you for something that *they* voted for, would you still be motivated to carry on that project?

think there was something special with saria reclaimed and it was unfortunately a great idea for a first time experience. Really looking forward to seeing what this project turns out to be, velminth is a talented guy and a great artist, and i hope he's not discouraged by people who've got no stake in it whatsoever

Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

camper674

Jan 30, 2018
So, to summarize, either I got defective copy of the game, or there is nothing to do, and there are 6 still images. Nothing is explained, and plays like hot garbage. I think I'm going to give this one a pass.

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes