Dec 9, 2018
  • So not only are there no missions, but does not have the common courtesy to tell me that and send me back to the menu before.
  • There is no balance between healing items and the consumptions of the energy stuff yet, but thankfully the game does not give me a game over for that at this point.
  • Allegedly there are curios to be gotten from fallen enemies. But at this point I did not get any from the first and the second enemy I found kicked my ass :KEK:
  • Fighting works with... what does the plus and minus even mean?!
  • Pretty sure over time lags became more frequent while playing
Not gonna put in a review yet, as I don't like to write reviews for early demos.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeidoz

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
So, to summarize, either I got defective copy of the game, or there is nothing to do, and there are 6 still images. Nothing is explained, and plays like hot garbage. I think I'm going to give this one a pass.
It's an early alpha/proof of concept.

Catmine

Sep 8, 2020
okay, tried it. no clue whats going on, i think the combat works by making it so some enemies (theres only 1) are weak to plus OR minus OR plus and minus??????? despite the pictures i couldnt find any scenes. i assume from the interaction spots on the map are meant to give them but I couldnt get it to trigger so no clue if theres even any sex. losing in combat doesnt lead to any. sad to see such a poorly made game (yes its a 0.1 version but come on. this barely counts as a fucking concept game.) after I really enjoyed saria. honestly not even worth the time to download and unpack it.

Reactions: UZone

macrutt

Jun 5, 2017
Okay, I dunno who else had this problem, but I personally could barely read the buttons. I spent ages clicking around and the only content in the game seemed to be dots that occasionally gave you items and fights that didn't make sense, then ended, and then you got things.

Turns out one of the buttons is "camp" and you can camp in guts. This allows you to join a rave, and sell.... a thing that you get from the fights.... and this increases your relationship count with an anthropomorphic personification of NPD and if you leave and go back in, suddenly you get a scene with said anthropomorphic personification of NPD, who blathers on in her own little world.

I dunno if this will help anyone else, I just had so little to go on initially I thought some detail might help.

Xione&Recon

Mar 4, 2018
looks good, I'm in. I hope they actually finish this one. Just one is fine. I don't care even if it sucks at the end. This is a hentai game. We've gotten worse. Just finish the game.

Gari Fuze

Feb 19, 2020
WTF is this? how can it be called a game and why is it here? if you download a single static picture, you will have more game content than here.

Author has some good drawing/models, why can't he just pair with someone good at making story/coding and come with a good game, yeah share profits, but don't produce endless pile of garbage.

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
Oh shit there was some kind of wipe, we went from 10 pages down to 8.
Par the course for Velma game threads. Honestly, I don't see the point of doing any cleanup, the dev's threads were pristine as can be before he started flinging shit updates and text-based diarrhea at the users here.

If anything, he deserves to have every game thread devolve into a shitpost central, but that's just my opinion.

Regardless, the game itself, as it stands, is really just barebones and not even a V0.1, it's definitely an alpha or a tech demo, nothing of substance, a myriad of bugs, and only one jpeg of a blowjob. Hardly enough to qualify as a game considering you can just slap a bunch of text onto said jpeg and achieve the same level of lore.

So there really isn't much to talk about, and with the dev removing itch.io comments and banning people on Discord, there's really only one place to vent frustrations: This thread.

deidra vg

Mar 22, 2018
Par the course for Velma game threads. Honestly, I don't see the point of doing any cleanup, the dev's threads were pristine as can be before he started flinging shit updates and text-based diarrhea at the users here.

If anything, he deserves to have every game thread devolve into a shitpost central, but that's just my opinion.

Regardless, the game itself, as it stands, is really just barebones and not even a V0.1, it's definitely an alpha or a tech demo, nothing of substance, a myriad of bugs, and only one jpeg of a blowjob. Hardly enough to qualify as a game considering you can just slap a bunch of text onto said jpeg and achieve the same level of lore.

So there really isn't much to talk about, and with the dev removing itch.io comments and banning people on Discord, there's really only one place to vent frustrations: This thread.
I got a notification about a "thread cleanup" and came back to this thread seeing almost equal amounts of support to hate now. Don't know why mods are bending over backwards to defend scam sometimes.

deidra vg

Mar 22, 2018
God the amount of entitled shitstains in these comments is bewildering, that first page is just pure toxicity

View attachment 3512800

the fact is it was the COMMUNITY that voted for the cards and changes, and it went tits up, which added even more work onto the game without any real progression from that point. When you're the artist, coder, writer, developer as a whole, and you're getting the community slating you for something that *they* voted for, would you still be motivated to carry on that project?

think there was something special with saria reclaimed and it was unfortunately a great idea for a first time experience. Really looking forward to seeing what this project turns out to be, velminth is a talented guy and a great artist, and i hope he's not discouraged by people who've got no stake in it whatsoever
Bruh the problem here is Vel went ahead and changed the entire system WITHOUT actually having a poll, and once it's all done and over, THEN he set up a poll. Meanwhile complaining in Discord to his patrons that the old system wouldn't work, how it's gonna make him unable to finish, how's he losing interest, using his 'Mental Health' as an excuse to not reroll old system... basically manipulating people's opinions. That's why the poll is like that, supporters were afraid he was gonna drop Saria Reclaimed if he has to revert to something he didn't want, which he did anyway.

Last edited:

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
I got a notification about a "thread cleanup" and came back to this thread seeing almost equal amounts of support to hate now. Don't know why mods are bending over backwards to defend scam sometimes.
Welp, at least they didn't get rid of all the posts regarding the scam, so hopefully it stops most people from giving monetary support to this game dev.

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
Gave it a go, because despite everything i really like the Art of Velminth.

But good grief man, this Demo

ramsay-raw.gif

Like, no demo would have been better than whatever the fuck THIS is, to get people interested in the game.

Will check back on this in a year or so...if the game is still in development and not already abandoned by then, that is.

Kauffman

Jul 8, 2020
awfully familiar...feels like neo scavenger

but alas, good lord why is the game lags soo much, this is still in rpgmaker engine, right?

UZone

Aug 29, 2019
I genuinely thought I'd downloaded a corrupt copy of the demo or something. I had to look up this thread just to confirm that there were even any scenes or enemies in this technical mess of an alpha. It also took me a while at the start to realise those green-ish tiles were interaction spots, and even longer to realise that the "security risk" of each spot meant nothing and wasn't tied to enemy encounters(which seem way too scarce at the moment). Ironic how the dev was able to write those profound-sounding lore bits, but couldn't be bothered with a few basic tutorial lines.

Furthermore, others have already mentioned that the demo starts lagging to an almost unplayable level after a while and you have to restart the game to continue playing. I'm not sure what horrors in the code are responsible for this, but I think it's tied to using the rest action. The dev says that the loot spots get refreshed upon resting, so something nasty may be going on there under the hood.

Funnily enough, as a programmer myself I can kind of understand why a dev would think that a barely-functioning product is of acceptable quality for public showcase. As you spend more time with your quirky little creation, you start to get used to its quirks and warts and can deceive yourself that anyone who picks it up for the first time will be as used to it as you are (spoiler: they won't be).

Overall, I really think the dev could have waited a bit more and released something that has at least the bare minimum of intuitive gameplay mechanics and progression. I was never part of the Saria drama like everyone else seems to be, but for now the only redeeming quality I can see is the art. I really hope that in the future there will be some moderately fun gameplay to go along with the CGs though.

P.S. I was convinced that the main character was a woman at first which resulted in a rather hilarious epiphany after unlocking the first scene and being confused at what was going on for a few moments lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: fraazx and HikkiG
2.30 star(s) 3 Votes