VN Ren'Py Abandoned Cold Comforts [v0.1b] [Blissful End Games]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Aug 27, 2019
A, cus I'm pretty sure if I start considering the motivations of a necrophile MC it's gonna lead to some pretty uncomfortable fapping in the long run

Lethal057

Jul 8, 2021
Also! This is on a poll on our Discord, but I'd like to also ask here - how would you like to experience Cold Comforts as a fully fledged game?

A. Pure sex. Inspections and necro sex are the main meat of the gameplay, with every other mechanic operating to support this straightforward gameplay loop. Sexytimes aplenty, but not much of a big narrative.

B. Story. There's overarching storylines surrounding the surreal circumstances and necrophiliac activities in the setting, with more focus on the characters. Sexytimes are intertwined more in a lengthier story with recurring characters.
A

Su13n

Aug 12, 2021
Also! This is on a poll on our Discord, but I'd like to also ask here - how would you like to experience Cold Comforts as a fully fledged game?

A. Pure sex. Inspections and necro sex are the main meat of the gameplay, with every other mechanic operating to support this straightforward gameplay loop. Sexytimes aplenty, but not much of a big narrative.

B. Story. There's overarching storylines surrounding the surreal circumstances and necrophiliac activities in the setting, with more focus on the characters. Sexytimes are intertwined more in a lengthier story with recurring characters.
Focus on A, with B to the extent of creating immersion and background story for the characters, but definitely no forced lengthy world building (cumulative, sure, but not relative to the sexual component).
I feel like the game is targeting a very niche audience that is primarily motivated by the sexual interactions a game like Cold Comfort offers over other games. I.e., people want it to be a simulator to act out their fantasies first.

Text walls and massive background for characters that are already dead or are destined to die might put off some people, and locking the main necro content behind, e.g., grind or spamming the space bar, feels like blue balling and would cause the game to appear like it's trying to be something it isn't.
That's perhaps a bit premature given I just made these assumptions and don't know what you already had in mind.
You, as the writer, have the power or, to some extent, the responsibility to create something that feels authentic, doesn't alienate the original supporters, and won't divide the future players into the usual "Play for the story; Sex is a bonus." and "Sex is the story; Text is an option." camps. Of course you can do that and it would still be successful to a certain degree, but most would probably prefer something with a skewed distribution favouring sex while balancing both, or allowing to choose how much one spends on reading without feeling like they're just skipping 80% of the game.
I'm sure you'll know what's best for your game and fans of the concept.

Personally, what I'd like to see is something Skyrim-esque where you can get invested into the world and read hundreds of books and talk to hundreds of NPCs, or you just go ahead and kill everything that needs to be killed.
Reading police reports, writing an autopsy report, maybe having the option to browse the internet, finding out more about the victims on their social media pages, scrolling through their messages or gallery on their phones, or perhaps an addition to the gameplay loop that you're also there to document and pick up the bodies at the crime scene/accident site, listening in on police interviews of witnesses, watching potential friends or family of the victim react to the situation, talking to them when they come visit to see the body, etc.

Either way I'm looking forward to any developments that could revive this project. I had applied as a writer when you guys started recruiting but never got a reply. I'd still be interested.

Reactions: Orphan Tickler 3000

Daehorn

Feb 10, 2018
Dead game. Sad fact and only necrophiles still gave it look. I prefered 45% sex and 55% story but now all i can do is look at hard, cold plates in morgue without ani signs of beauty.

MadSargeant

Nov 24, 2021
Focus on A, with B to the extent of creating immersion and background story for the characters, but definitely no forced lengthy world building (cumulative, sure, but not relative to the sexual component).
I feel like the game is targeting a very niche audience that is primarily motivated by the sexual interactions a game like Cold Comfort offers over other games. I.e., people want it to be a simulator to act out their fantasies first.

Text walls and massive background for characters that are already dead or are destined to die might put off some people, and locking the main necro content behind, e.g., grind or spamming the space bar, feels like blue balling and would cause the game to appear like it's trying to be something it isn't.
That's perhaps a bit premature given I just made these assumptions and don't know what you already had in mind.
You, as the writer, have the power or, to some extent, the responsibility to create something that feels authentic, doesn't alienate the original supporters, and won't divide the future players into the usual "Play for the story; Sex is a bonus." and "Sex is the story; Text is an option." camps. Of course you can do that and it would still be successful to a certain degree, but most would probably prefer something with a skewed distribution favouring sex while balancing both, or allowing to choose how much one spends on reading without feeling like they're just skipping 80% of the game.
I'm sure you'll know what's best for your game and fans of the concept.

Personally, what I'd like to see is something Skyrim-esque where you can get invested into the world and read hundreds of books and talk to hundreds of NPCs, or you just go ahead and kill everything that needs to be killed.
Reading police reports, writing an autopsy report, maybe having the option to browse the internet, finding out more about the victims on their social media pages, scrolling through their messages or gallery on their phones, or perhaps an addition to the gameplay loop that you're also there to document and pick up the bodies at the crime scene/accident site, listening in on police interviews of witnesses, watching potential friends or family of the victim react to the situation, talking to them when they come visit to see the body, etc.

Either way I'm looking forward to any developments that could revive this project. I had applied as a writer when you guys started recruiting but never got a reply. I'd still be interested.
This is definitely what I would hope can happen in this game when it first come out.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes