mcguill

May 10, 2020
Missing the last 9 scenes in the artic gallery, is there from an alternative path? I think i tried all...

Last edited:

Aryanblood17

Feb 4, 2020
I had hoped to have my Walkthrough Guide for Arctic Adventures released this evening and it's done other than not all of the Hidden Images are working though I do have a notice just before they happen to let you know they are coming.

I don't have time this evening to look on here to see if anyone has any info about why not all the Hidden Images are working so I'll try to see about it when I have time tomorrow.

Here's what my mod does:
  • Optional Incest Route with additional dialogue
  • List achievements and Unlocks
  • A heads up when you are about to encounter a Hidden Image
Hey man, any Updates? We are waiting :HideThePain:

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020

Haaans

Nov 16, 2018
Edited review:

Had the potential to become a really good game (3,5-4,5 stars) with more polish - up until last update (2-2,5 stars).

This review aims at trying to determine whether the mistake - at least imo - made with the latest update, devalues the game as a whole.

First the pros:
- Great character visuals
- varied cast
- decent story up until the latest update

Cons:
- animations are stiff
- not many options to choose from in the actual animated scenes
- story feels rushed and not fleshed out at some points (the "trial" is a perfect example)

Now to the mistake which broke the entire premise of the game - at least for me.

Do you like games which give you freedom of choice? Do you love to be the one who chooses the characters they want to interact with and the ones you don't?

Well, you shouldn't play College Bound then. Up until the latest update, the illusion of freedom was still intact. Freedom of choice is of course always an illusion, as the creator of a game still holds all the strings in their hands - but keeping up that illusion is important.

If you as a player have the feeling, that your decisions matter and you actually have a say in how the story goes - or at least ends - the game captivates. On the other hand, if you break the illusion, people tend to feel disappointed, cause their decions don't matter in the end.

And that's exactly what happened with the latest update. Miranda is a character which was introduced right at the beginning of College Bound and players get the choice to sexually interact with her or ignore her. So far so good. If you don't want to, you don't have to engage with her.

Let's assume you DON'T want to interact with her and maybe even dislike the character. Good news for you, your choice is taken into account by the developer.

Let's assume you WANT to interact with her, cause you like her for whatever reason. Bad news for you, cause no matter what decisions you make throughout the game, the developer decided to get rid of her for good. You don't have the option to keep her around and maybe even aim for an ending involving the main character and her.

This is the exact moment the illusion is torn apart. If my preferences and choices don't matter, you can take away the option to choose in the first place.

Deciding to get rid of a character for whatever reason, may it be out of convenience or not wanting to develop a character any further, is the death blow in interactive formats like games with the premise and promise of player freedom of choice.

Sidenote:
The fast and rushed trial feels like the developer wanted to get rid of Miranda asap (can't imigine the reason though). During the trial there's absolutely zero information about what actually happened and what the actual evidence was.

Now if you like Summer or Blanca, you will propably get exactly the ending you are dreaming of. Either you will be with the one or the other in the end. Or maybe both of them.

If you like any of the other girls, you will probably be disappointed by the end of the game, cause they are most likely only requisites in the play which is essentially centered around Summer and Blanca.

The decision to take out a character despite the choices a player made, is no good sign for the future of this game. As a writer, you probably should avoid introducing characters (including choices about what to do with them) just to throw them away sooner or later. Just don't let the player interact with characters, you want to get rid of later on. This way people won't get the false impression of being able to reach an ending with them.

TL/DR: Taking Miranda out of the game, despite what the player chooses is a devastating move in regards to upholding the illusion of freedom of choice.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some patrons (especially the Miranda enthusiasts) jump ship after this update.

Nonetheless I wish the developer luck with this and future projects.

PS: Removing the only character which is at least somewhat of an antagonist wasn't a wise choice either.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Did you use it?
I honestly misread your post so I apologize.

No I didn't use the mod I used the walkthrough in a post in this thread. Again I apologize and admit that I don't know if the mod is complete.

Judging by the post though it seems it's only missing where the hidden images are but again not sure.

Sorry

Aryanblood17

Feb 4, 2020
I honestly misread your post so I apologize.

No I didn't use the mod I used the walkthrough in a post in this thread. Again I apologize and admit that I don't know if the mod is complete.

Judging by the post though it seems it's only missing where the hidden images are but again not sure.

Sorry
alright no problem

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
I gave v05.12 a go. It's a decent VN I'd say about 4 stars. I went the non-faithful route because Summer annoyed me and there was just too much available poon out there for a young M/C to ignore. I also played with Lord Ashram's Mod. I found it really helpful although there were many spots with the name change for Linda that did not work well for the story. It's too bad the developer cannot just add a name/relationship changer into the UI.

Shagging his aunt and cousin was was a fun part of the story and I'd still like to see the M/C get some Professor Mary time too. The time flow with this one can be a bit confusing. We oscillate between day to day then jump to weeks without any indication or warning (M/C usually goes to sleep at night then wakes up to end the day). My biggest concern is the sudden commitment to Blanca just before the end of the update. I probably would've chosen this eventually, but now it seems the M/C is in another committed relationship exclusive to Blanca with so many lonely side L/I's out there. It felt rushed. I would've preferred for the M/C and Blanca to agree to his extracurricular activities and maybe even join in while she continues making mounds of cash with her Cam-Girl gig. Then again, there is something to be said for allowing the player to choose another L/I than Blanca. I mean I had his cousin Jess file for divorce from her dipshit hubby and she's counting on the M/C to "comfort" her in her time of need, for example. Then there is Mary, Aunt Lynda, Aisha, etc. I'd almost knock off another star just for that lack of choice.

3.40 star(s) 94 Votes