Whofellnow

Dec 3, 2022
i mean, honestly speaking, the "updates" you're talking about have been literally nothing but stickers and postcards and being showcased in things

there hasn't even been those interviews with the characters, which would honestly be alright if they weren't getting $4.6k a month on patreon when there hasn't been an update in months

it's getting kind of ridiculous, how little content they've actually been putting out-- ESPECIALLY if they've got someone working on the postcards, they should be able to write and update the game, even while visiting family, no? or at the very least, pause the patreon subscriptions so that people aren't paying for bare bone updates about the "progress" of the game
Yeah, gotta agree with this. I was a supporter on patreon for a while, but the style of updates just killed it for me. All flash, very little substance.

Reactions: dg69x

Minttymint

Jun 20, 2017
i mean, honestly speaking, the "updates" you're talking about have been literally nothing but stickers and postcards and being showcased in things
" Since writing is all ready to go, I’ve been posing and working on edits for the first 70k words or so. I’m going at a really good pace now that the words are down and I can see how the events play out. "

" This past week or so I focused on drawing and got 6 new CGs ready! Next week will be a bit slower for me because I’ll be traveling. "

" I wanted to jump in with a quick update, I’ve been working on the game while traveling around for family stuff. I got three new CGs completed while on the road though! "

" Sharing a quick update again, life has been life but I got 4 new CGs done this past week! "

" My focus is still on finishing up art for the new chapter. I recently got through 3 new CGs, rounding up this month’s count to 10 CGs ready! "

You are entitled to feel how you feel but I must point out that until this latest patreon update, she has always opened with her progress on the game.

scaryterry19

Dec 28, 2020
" Since writing is all ready to go, I’ve been posing and working on edits for the first 70k words or so. I’m going at a really good pace now that the words are down and I can see how the events play out. "

" This past week or so I focused on drawing and got 6 new CGs ready! Next week will be a bit slower for me because I’ll be traveling. "

" I wanted to jump in with a quick update, I’ve been working on the game while traveling around for family stuff. I got three new CGs completed while on the road though! "

" Sharing a quick update again, life has been life but I got 4 new CGs done this past week! "

" My focus is still on finishing up art for the new chapter. I recently got through 3 new CGs, rounding up this month’s count to 10 CGs ready! "

You are entitled to feel how you feel but I must point out that until this latest patreon update, she has always opened with her progress on the game.
Hmm, seems like she fell off the cliff there with the last being on 11/3. Was there a recall on the sticker send-outs for November?

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017
State of College Craze, and plans for 2024

TLDR; I am still working on the game, though at a much much slower pace than before due to life circumstances. I’m planning on ending the game after the next update (Chapter 8).
Hey everyone!
2023 is coming to a close and I would like to take some time to communicate with you all. I know I’ve been very absent, and the game has been stuck in a limbo as a result. Compared to previous years, the game’s progress is a lot slower. I apologize for not being transparent about all of this sooner, you all deserve to be in the loop more about these things and how they impact the progress of the game. Please understand that it was not for any light reason.
I’m a very different person than I was at the start of this year, and my life is currently in a very different place than when I started this game. This year in particular has put me through so many life changes and challenges, and I mean it when I say it will not ever go back to how it was before. Life really blindsided me in more ways than one. I was very fortunate to have the time and safety and stability I did to work at a consistent pace before, but because of the things that have happened, I cannot realistically aim to produce like I had before.
And that sucks.
Because I see the support and love and excitement you all have for this, and I want to achieve and exceed those expectations like I used to, but I can’t.
Throughout the year, I have worked on the game, though it’s been less of a priority. I can’t make promises about dates or timelines because outside of the game, life is incredibly unstable. There was an entire month this year where I felt like I’d gotten bad news every single day and I had no idea where I physically would be, let alone have time or mental energy to work on things.
And I don’t mean to make this a big pity party, apologies if it sounds that way. My aim is to illustrate the fact that I’m overwhelmed and unsure of a lot of things right now. While I have no idea when the next chapter will be out, I do know a few things.
  1. I will finish creating this game, and have decided that Chapter 8 will be the final chapter for it. It won’t be as robust as I always envisioned it being, but for now it's the best course of action. I can always go back at a later point and add to it when I’m stable.
  2. Chapter 7 is already fully written/coded. I am currently making final edits/posing and working on artwork. I’ve been working on this for a while now and would really like to have this out soon. I know you all are eager to see it soon too.
  3. I will continue making progress when I can, but I can no longer promise a release cadence or schedule. If I do decide to pause working on the game entirely I will let you all know. I personally don’t consider this a hiatus, just a slow down, though this could be interpreted differently.
  4. The support from this community has been incredible, and I couldn’t have asked for a better group of people to see what I’m doing and accept it so enthusiastically. I never thought this game would get as much love as it did when I first released the demo, but I’m so happy it had. Thank you all for sharing it with your friends, talking about it in Discord, participating in events, interacting on socials, being patrons and making fan art. In this dark space, it’s truly a light that I hold dearly. Thank you.
  5. This community and the operations of my Patreon and the Discord would be nothing without the hard work and support from my mods, admin, and merch artists. Thank you Angel, Ageha, Satan, Cinaruco, NicolasCrab, Giovanna and SketchyInk. You all have held up the fort while my world was flipped upside down.
It’s been a heavy year, and I am hopeful 2024 brings some peace and calm. I look forward to wrapping things up in the coming months and hopefully finishing this game next year.
Thank you for reading, and I wish you all a happy holiday season and new year.
Xoxo,
Pretty

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017
Yeah, now that game is finishing people can go hug their merchandise from now on. xD

Amnelis

Nov 24, 2020
Well that's a major disappointment.

Waiting between updates isn't a issue for me since the game is so well written & each chapter has enough content to make it worth it, but I just don't see how a game with this type of pacing & build up can have all stories wrap up satisfyingly with just two more updates to go. Especially since some characters' routes have just started to pick up.

That plus the whole tone of this post, the dev saying there's no release schedule, that they might add further updates once they're "stable enough" & might even pause (abandon) the game entirely doesn't give me any hope we'll even get a ending to be disappointed with.

scaryterry19

Dec 28, 2020
"3. I will continue making progress when I can, but I can no longer promise a release cadence or schedule. If I do decide to pause working on the game entirely I will let you all know. I personally don’t consider this a hiatus, just a slow down, though this could be interpreted differently."

This line here would make me drop this dev immediately as a supporter. You can't tell me when you're going to produce an update AND you won't pause billing either. Eff that and eff this dev. What a scumbag.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
So, the game is essentially dead then. There is no way to really lead the story to a satisfying finish in only two updates.

Monogrammy

Jul 20, 2023
things like this make me reluctant to support games unless i am fully sure of the work ethic that the dev has. the issue isn't that we don't get updates consistently, life happens and sometimes we can't control how we react to it. but to not stop billing? when you know you aren't giving your patrons the quality that they paid for? yeah...how disappointing. i really was so close to actually supporting this dev. good thing i found it around the time they started doing this shit.

still, the story was so gripping amd the characters were actually fun to read about. even though the art was very much just traced it was outweighed by the writing. which kept your attention. oh well.

the games i find myself supporting are with devs like shepherds of haven. the dev is very consistent in their updates and also has an already finished work on their belt which gives me reassurance that my support is going somewhere.

daniaxxx

Dec 14, 2020
things like this make me reluctant to support games unless i am fully sure of the work ethic that the dev has. the issue isn't that we don't get updates consistently, life happens and sometimes we can't control how we react to it. but to not stop billing? when you know you aren't giving your patrons the quality that they paid for? yeah...how disappointing. i really was so close to actually supporting this dev. good thing i found it around the time they started doing this shit.

still, the story was so gripping amd the characters were actually fun to read about. even though the art was very much just traced it was outweighed by the writing. which kept your attention. oh well.

the games i find myself supporting are with devs like shepherds of haven. the dev is very consistent in their updates and also has an already finished work on their belt which gives me reassurance that my support is going somewhere.
tbh the dev on this wasn't that bad it did a good job untill now there is a lot of devs who wouldn't aknowledge all this and try to end the game just to stop giving people false hope look stopper took almost 10 months and came with an update worth 5 min of playing lol it could have been worse

Fenghilan

May 2, 2017
can't believe she's pulling this stunt while getting $5k a month lmao

she is really trying to hold onto that money while giving them absolutely nothing, the sympathy card followed by the "i'm not abandoning this!!! pls don't unsub!!!" really hits that mark

absolutely convinced this has become a money void, whoo

which really sucks because i genuinely love the game, but the author is deadset on milking the cash cow until it rots

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
can't believe she's pulling this stunt while getting $5k a month lmao

she is really trying to hold onto that money while giving them absolutely nothing, the sympathy card followed by the "i'm not abandoning this!!! pls don't unsub!!!" really hits that mark

absolutely convinced this has become a money void, whoo

which really sucks because i genuinely love the game, but the author is deadset on milking the cash cow until it rots
Honestly, if you want to milk your Patreons you would just let the game fizzle out without ever announcing that development has essentially stopped. Now people know that it is pretty much over and can jump ship, if they're smart.

Last edited:

Amnelis

Nov 24, 2020
I want to give the dev the benefit of the doubt since the game is very well made & they've also been pretty responsible up until now but the more I think about it the scummier it feels. Yes they're being upfront about the game being finished with chapter 8, but their choice of words in the annoucement sounds manipulative to me & the fact they haven't stopped donations when they've likely been aware of the state of development for months now isn't a good look.

They start out the announcement with emotionally charged paragraphs could have been made into a single more concise one. When it finally gets to the state of development there's a lot of back and forth. Chapter 8 is the last. But it will be rushed. But they might add more stuff once they're stable enough. But there's no deadline for it. But they might pause development. But that's not a hiatus it's just a "slow down".

Essentially they say the game will end in chapter 8 but god knows when that happens, if it happens. There's no deadlines to meet so people can't hold the dev accountable, especially in case of a "slow down". Them making sure to say a "slow down" isn't a hiatus makes me believe they won't pause donations even if it comes to that. It might not be as bad as some of the stuff other devs pull but they've set themselves up so they can get at least one extra full year of patreon donations via vague enough wording & nebulous promises to appeal to their patreons' goodwill.

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
Otome+Fem+Romance so rare here....
"Silver lining" dev create updates, but don t give this updates here. Only for patrons, you know. Bastards.

We need create our otome games! We need create OUR OTOME MOVEMENT! ,

Only f&cking loser tards lie what he like to be male ugly nerd! Everyvere everyone want to be GIRLS!!!! This is FINAL true and final TARGET of VR

MrAnarchy

Aug 22, 2022
I want to give the dev the benefit of the doubt since the game is very well made & they've also been pretty responsible up until now but the more I think about it the scummier it feels. Yes they're being upfront about the game being finished with chapter 8, but their choice of words in the annoucement sounds manipulative to me & the fact they haven't stopped donations when they've likely been aware of the state of development for months now isn't a good look.

They start out the announcement with emotionally charged paragraphs could have been made into a single more concise one. When it finally gets to the state of development there's a lot of back and forth. Chapter 8 is the last. But it will be rushed. But they might add more stuff once they're stable enough. But there's no deadline for it. But they might pause development. But that's not a hiatus it's just a "slow down".

Essentially they say the game will end in chapter 8 but god knows when that happens, if it happens. There's no deadlines to meet so people can't hold the dev accountable, especially in case of a "slow down". Them making sure to say a "slow down" isn't a hiatus makes me believe they won't pause donations even if it comes to that. It might not be as bad as some of the stuff other devs pull but they've set themselves up so they can get at least one extra full year of patreon donations via vague enough wording & nebulous promises to appeal to their patreons' goodwill.
This is pretty much where I’m at.

I don’t think this is an “intentional” scam so to speak, but more of a situation where the dev has screwed up and is too afraid to own up to it, so they instead choose to keep up appearances while hoping and praying that whatever is wrong fixes itself before supporters get wise.

And there’s NO WAY this story is going to be satisfyingly wrapped up in only TWO chapters. I mean my god, most of the love interest relationships just STARTED!

Last edited:

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
This is pretty much where I’m at.

I don’t think this is an “intentional” scam so to speak, but more of a situation where the dev has screwed up and is too afraid to face it so they instead choose to keep up appearances while hoping and praying that whatever is wrong fixes itself before supporters get wise.

And there’s NO WAY this story is going to be satisfyingly wrapped up in only TWO chapters. I mean my god, most of the love interest relationships just STARTED!
Dude, why you dont create your otome novell?

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes