Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
It's a linear text-based game, meaning a continuing story. Then there's sandbox games like Whoremaker, Young Maria, or The Company. Sandbox games have the luxury of having lots of clicking or repeating content over and over until a certain measure is met, thus creating more content. With a linear story, it's closer to a book that can lead to multiple endings. You follow a branch and the story continues onward from that point. You don't keep repeating content until your (insert stat) is high enough. Balancing pace, content, and use of images in this style of HTML games is tough. "Less words, more pictures" is definitely easier said than done.

Even with that aside, pictures/gifs of a girl being reamed can only say so much. Context in text-based games matter, probably more so than most other adult games out there. To reiterate, it's a text-based game. You're supposed to read while the pictures remain an accent to the given context. Which breaks into your second point, the amount of text written is to create a detailed scene to make up for the immersion lost in the varied imagery.
Best answer ever

Flyte

Sep 2, 2017
Exactly. Picking a choice of action means you will miss scenes with other characters.
That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. It means you need to 'choose wisely' for the playtrough you're doing at that specific time. Romance Ms Hill and maybe include Jane in the mix later? Then maybe you should not miss dinner with them. Want to change your childhood friend to actual girlfriend? Enslaving her and her mom might be not exactly be the way to do that. And so on.
Don't dismiss this one because you can't have all the scenes in just one playthrough. The writing is top notch, and the pics are awesome!
Thanks for the good answer. Sadly, i am still somewhat of a completionist. I really dislike playing a game, when i am not sure, i will see all content. To the point, where it stops me from playing the game at all. Sadly there does not seem to be an overview over all possible Scenes, so you never know, if you missed something.

gfdsf565

Jul 25, 2019
Thanks for the good answer. Sadly, i am still somewhat of a completionist. I really dislike playing a game, when i am not sure, i will see all content. To the point, where it stops me from playing the game at all. Sadly there does not seem to be an overview over all possible Scenes, so you never know, if you missed something.
It takes multiple playthroughs to see all the options, which considering the potential amount of branches is a good thing as it gives the game replayability.

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
If you can't enjoy a game without seeing 100% of content, then this game isn't for you. That's okay, there's plenty of other games out there.

Tam

Aug 28, 2016
G28, what are your thoughts on a new game+ system, where instead of having a dead "end of content" link there is a "new game+" button that sets you back to the start of the game but you get to keep your stats and/or gathered Informations or some other bonus

Cerebrum

Sep 1, 2019
G28, what are your thoughts on a new game+ system, where instead of having a dead "end of content" link there is a "new game+" button that sets you back to the start of the game but you get to keep your stats and/or gathered Informations or some other bonus
This has been asked before, g28 said that because the game tracks your decisions it won't be able to erase those so decisions made in your newgame+ will interfere with decisions you have already made and he does not see a reason to take time away from development to code in a newgame+ that erases decisions since we already have the option to play with cheats. And I kind of agree with that, it would be nice to have a newgame+ but is that really important if the game isn't finished yet?

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
ATM, I have two saved games. In one of the saves, I use cheats to time travel and unlock all the content. In the other save, I play my preferred route without any cheats.

This has been asked before, g28 said that because the game tracks your decisions it won't be able to erase those so decisions made in your newgame+ will interfere with decisions you have already made and he does not see a reason to take time away from development to code in a newgame+ that erases decisions since we already have the option to play with cheats. And I kind of agree with that, it would be nice to have a newgame+ but is that really important if the game isn't finished yet?
Actually, a NewGame+ option shouldn't be that difficult.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
*Note that I haven't tested out that code, it's just something I came up with on the spot while looking at the twine sugarcube documentation.

Cerebrum

Sep 1, 2019
May i ask, how you time travel?
Not much is known, the only chance I've seen to use it is on the morning of the second Sunday (day 9). On that day you can go to the library and read about it, it says that you can go to the past but not the future and that while time travel is not understood you can't make any major alterations. For instance you won't be able to impregnate someone in the past.

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
Not much is known, the only chance I've seen to use it is on the morning of the second Sunday (day 9). On that day you can go to the library and read about it, it says that you can go to the past but not the future and that while time travel is not understood you can't make any major alterations. For instance you won't be able to impregnate someone in the past.
That's true for the story, but in this case he's talking about jumping around passages to see content lol.

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
May i ask, how you time travel?
That's true for the story, but in this case he's talking about jumping around passages to see content lol.
Yeah, that's what I meant. I think someone posted a modified game file for version 0.50 or 0.56 that had cheats for time travel. I just made my own by adding a bit of code to the story caption:
It's not really legible because I open the game file in a text editor instead of using the twine program/website. It isn't quite optimal because when you save a game, the game engine saves the state of the passage when it first loads. That means if you "set a bookmark" and then immediately save without going to another passage, loading the save will act as though you didn't "set a bookmark" at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyte

Flyte

Sep 2, 2017
Yeah, that's what I meant. I think someone posted a modified game file for version 0.50 or 0.56 that had cheats for time travel. I just made my own by adding a bit of code to the story caption:
It's not really legible because I open the game file in a text editor instead of using the twine program/website. It isn't quite optimal because when you save a game, the game engine saves the state of the passage when it first loads. That means if you "set a bookmark" and then immediately save without going to another passage, loading the save will act as though you didn't "set a bookmark" at all.
What exactly do you mean by "adding a bit of code to the story caption"? Opening the html with Notepad and?

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Absolutely loving this game, can't wait to see the next instalment, and I too am doing the dickhead runs stopping time etc, cos hey you just gotta do it some times :D
Yep my runs involve using black lights enslaving people permanently and blackmailing people 1 cheat version 1 regular and so am also doing a run to impregnate everyone and doing some of the rapey content

Cerebrum

Sep 1, 2019
Yep my runs involve using black lights enslaving people permanently and blackmailing people 1 cheat version 1 regular and so am also doing a run to impregnate everyone and doing some of the rapey content
Thats what I love about his game, you can play anyway you want, im less in to the black light and try to do as much as I can with as little corruption as possible, I perfer orange lights where make people believe that they wanted to serve you the whole time.

G28:
Unless I'm doing something on accident, I think I found a bug, where if you are blackmailing professor ward; then on Sunday you can meet her for lunch and the game assumes you already know about her powers (awakening) even if you never asked kitty to look in to her. I actually like this bug because it allows me to start awakening professor ward without wasting time on her on Saturday and without getting any corruption but wanted to mention it in case you didn't know about it.

Also I really like how Lydia's story started out and i see she is becoming more involved in the story again, will her dream sequence from the first Sunday ever be expanded on or was that just a one off for some backstory on her? I like the depth added early on to her character and just wanted to know as I see her potentially being a strong ally who feels indebted to you (if you help her get over her family drama) or a you can use her family drama to make her feel like your her only salvation when in reality your the one messing with her.

4.60 star(s) 128 Votes