Zaitsev77

Sep 25, 2018
Based on the error message "Could not find substitution 'Act 1 - v1'", my guess is that your problem is using square brackets in the game folder name. So, if your game folder is labeled "College Kings [Act 1 - v1.1.2s] - windows and linux", try renaming it to "College Kings Act 1 - v1.1.2s - windows and linux" or something like that.
unfortunately it doesn't work

richiman

May 3, 2022
there you are

I can't tell right now if it's a save or game problem because there is an old upload on f95 (it's just that this upload came from a gofile that I no longer use and that upload is no longer available) that I no longer support and I don't know if all the current files are in it. I tested my entire upload (it is not public) a month ago by starting the game over and completing the entire game without any problem. The only hint I can give you is that you can skip the scene with the reply to the Kiwi post. Load save before error occurs and just start the console Shift + O and in the console write jump v9_room_fri_aft_contW and confirm it by clicking ENTER. Simply doing so will skip the bugged scene.

How to enable Developer Console:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: leffs

Zaitsev77

Sep 25, 2018
I can't tell right now if it's a save or game problem because there is an old upload on f95 (it's just that this upload came from a gofile that I no longer use and that upload is no longer available) that I no longer support and I don't know if all the current files are in it. I tested my entire upload (it is not public) a month ago by starting the game over and completing the entire game without any problem. The only hint I can give you is that you can skip the scene with the reply to the Kiwi post. Load save before error occurs and just start the console Shift + O and in the console write jump v9_room_fri_aft_contW and confirm it by clicking ENTER. Simply doing so will skip the bugged scene.

How to enable Developer Console:
it's not the save. The kiwii was broken from the beginning, but this time I couldn't ignore it and proceed. On Steam someone wrote that it will be fixed with next update, so they must know the bug.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Same problem with the kiwii

I agree. You need to get rid of the square brackets [] in the name of the folder.

You named your game folder "D:/Downloads/Play/College Kings [Act 1 - v1.1.2s] - windows and linux". try renaming it to something like "D:/Downloads/Play/College Kings1-v1.1.2s-pc" as the square brackets usually indicate to Python/RenPY that a variable is in there, hence the error about something "dynamic" in your tracelog.

Notice the error in your tracelog you posted, near the end: "Could not find substitution 'Act 1 - v1'.", it is looking for a variable named "Act 1 - v1", because of the square brackets you are using tell Python/RenPY there will be a variable in there named "Act 1 - v1.1.2s". Rename the folder like I said, no square brackets (or any brackets). NEVER use square brackets in a RenPY game name, filename or folder name etc.

Last edited:

Newhell

Feb 8, 2021
**For Act 4 onwards I will only update this guide once an Act is complete due to bugs/glitches and the developers changing how you unlock scenes before an Act is even complete or changing decisions in updates. This makes any changes I make to the guide mid Act inaccurate and causes problems to everyone's playthroughs**

[v13.0.1] Walkthrough "Bang Everyone" Guide (Updated)
What this guide achieves:
  • Friend's with benefits relationships with all the characters
  • Lauren will not be angry about you having sex with Aubrey
  • Emily will go with you to Europe
  • Easy murder mystery game guide
  • Unlock nearly every sex scene in one playthrough with guidance on multiple paths and where to save
Hello. Tell me, please, when should I wait for the WT update to version 15?

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
I managed with a fwb setting. She mentioned it would be her first time. However, I still failed to make a perfect party because Penelope refused to help me.
But how? I literally can't set her status to FWB in path builder, because it reverts back to friend when game starts. So you had to load save from season 1 at some point, right?

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Nope, I have the same problem
You need to remove the square brackets from your game folder name. That is precisely what your error is from. No bugs with the game, just your folder name. You can't use square brackets in it with RenPY games.

Zaitsev77

Sep 25, 2018
You need to remove the square brackets from your game folder name. That is precisely what your error is from. No bugs with the game, just your folder name. You can't use square brackets in it with RenPY games.
I already did this before posting here. It didn't solve the problem.
Unless I need a new save from the beginning. That's the only thing I didn't try

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I already did this before posting here. It didn't solve the problem.
Unless I need a new save from the beginning. That's the only thing I didn't try
Well, no matter what, according to the tracelog that IS what the problem is. The last line (or near it) in your tracelog you posted that contains the source of the error states that it cannot figure out which variable you are referring to between the square brackets. You see, in the Python/RenPY coding language you embed a variable inside text using square brackets. let me give you an example...

lets say you have a variable (it's a programming method to contain information like numbers and text) called "name" and you set name equal to your name "Zaitsev77"...

$name = "Zaitsev77"

Now lets say I have some text in the game that says hello to whatever name that is... it would be:

"Hello [name]! How are you?"

Now in Python/RenPY (the programming code the game uses) it sees the brackets and thinks "he has a variable in there, let me check what "name" means, and it will, in this case, see "Zaitsev77" and it will display that on screen. Well, in your case, your folder name contains brackets, and when the game tries to display an image, which is contained inside one of your folders, it runs into your square brackets and thinks "hey, there's a variable in here, lets see what it means", and when it checks, there is no such variable that is named inside your square brackets, so it gives you an error and can't continue.

If you have a saved game, it MIGHT contain the same information. You may have to restart. But the square brackets are absolutely what your problem is. Your tracelog error said so. There is no doubt about it.

richiman

May 3, 2022
College Kings - 1.1.2s

• No new content.
• Added 135 missing renpy files.
• Added 1 missing file to libraries for python 2.7.

• Missing files can be detected as corrupted or outdated files.
• Re-downloading is recommended if you have any issues with the game.

• Wow
Reactions: naniwtf and JennaJJ

kezguyfour

Apr 27, 2021
So I just downloaded the latest version of CK2 (1.14s) to finish off episode 1 as there was a couple of extra scenes at the end of act 1 that I missed out on because I had an earlier version (1.10 or something). The additional content was about 20 minutes worth, but you get to see the outcome of the Chicks presidential race.

One thing I noticed was that with the current version my CK1 saves seemed to be able to load now which definitely wasn't possible on earlier versions of CK2. Also, all the scenes in the gallery were unlocked, even though I don't have relationships with all the girls on my playthrough. I am unsure as to how that happened.

The thing that makes me laugh about this game is that I am dating both Aubrey and Nora in my playthrough and FWB with Chloe and Lindsay. None of the gfs or FWBs seem to bump into you with your other girls at Chick's house even though your over there all the time. I know it's intentionally set up that way, but it would be interesting to see how the relationships could develop if some girls knew you were seeing others etc.

kezguyfour

Apr 27, 2021
College Kings - 1.1.2s

MEGA

• No new content.
• Added 135 missing renpy files.
• Added 1 missing file to libraries for python 2.7.

• Missing files can be detected as corrupted or outdated files.
• Re-downloading is recommended if you have any issues with the game.
Is this a version officially released by Undergrad Steve? As on the front page only 1.1.2 exists? And 1.1.4 has already come out? Sorry if I've missed something

3.20 star(s) 190 Votes