Azeroth67000

May 15, 2018
Arctic Crusader
Started off strong then really petered out.

My biggest issue with it right now is all due to Act II. I know that the OG writer is going back and revising everything (which is definitely needed) but it's been a whole string of underwhelming releases that he may not be able to get back on track.

Biggest problem is how out-of-character the girls become seemingly out of nowhere: personalities completely change just to have a sex scene (and they're barely OK and short to boot.) Each release is also really buggy which is irritating.

Has the dev made any announcement about this? Are there any plans to rewrite a substantial part of the plot to make it more interesting or not? And if so, how much? I think it's a shame that, after a good start with a few interesting ideas, the overall plot really goes to pot at the start of season 2.

Not only do the characters develop inconsistent or incoherent personalities, let's say, but all the ideas nested here and there to make the story evolve are abandoned; like the fighting and reputation system within the school, the rivalries between fraternities or between individuals, the hero's personal difficulties with his past/or his father, the intimate dramas or secrets of love interests, etc.

I really get the impression that the dev has no idea what he's doing with his story any more, and is simply content to deliver renderings or scenes without any substance to satisfy his audience, or allow himself to continue making money. And it's a real shame to waste all that...

I'd like to think there's still a chance to salvage the potential that was there in the first place. Let's wish him the best of luck and hope he gets back on track.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021
Has the dev made any announcement about this? Are there any plans to rewrite a substantial part of the plot to make it more interesting or not? And if so, how much? I think it's a shame that, after a good start with a few interesting ideas, the overall plot really goes to pot at the start of season 2.
It's on his Discord. He says that he's re-working episode two before releasing the next installment.

Reactions: Azeroth67000

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
yep same problem for me but i would say the Character inconsitence startet in act 1dlcs first (Cloe is all about image and then fucks you in a street alley is bad,aubrey start as a carefree fuckbuddie but then becomes a i wantyou to marry me wich i know that people like more but its still inconsitence.I could go on with other characters but there are ohter important problems)
Next thing is the story is also inconsitent and lastly undergrad steve probably took andrew tates hustleruniversety because rushing out dlcs new games but does not look at the quality or consistence (different writers to pump out projects faster) than does say that hes sorry and will not repete the mistake and contineuse to make it 5 times and repetes every time that hes sorry and will never make this mistake agian(LoL) after the last relases of Act 2 and his new Game it looks like he sees that he finally understands that unhappy people are not buying his games and the ones that bough them are review bombing them because they are low quality so now he puts work in where it always should has been for me personly i am not buying anything from him because i have lost trust and only thing to gain trust back is being better,consistend and time.
Yah that pretty much sums it up without going in details of caracters storys and so on
While I agree with most of what you say here, I do disagree with your characterizations of Aubrey suddenly changing lanes.
There was quite a bit of hesitance and concern on her end of being honest about not wanting to date, etc - enjoying the friend and fuckbuddy zone.

Eventually she softens up if you play your cards correctly and coax her into a relationship. But I would not characterize this shift as a out of thin air sudden lane change.

-TL

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
For anyone who played this, what is the general consensus for the game? I heard some people say Act's 2 writing took a massive dip but I kinda wanna know what everyone here thinks
The first game/season/Act started really good, got a little boring in the middle but became really good in the end again. But CK2 have had some problems, much because they let the new writers intrepid the characters the way they wanted, that the creator of the game gave them too much freedom but also that they listen too much to Patreons who want more kinky sex and to the people who dislike some of the characters. Some of the characters changed, especially Lauren who used to be my favourite. The original writer has returned now and is remaking Episode 2 (the new writers who originally wrote Episode 2 quit after the massive backlash) so hopefully he will fix the biggest problems there.
It's definitely worth playing, and hopefully the remake of Episode 2 that will come this summer will be good.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Azeroth67000

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Each release is also really buggy which is irritating.
Well, the first releasee is pretty much a Beta release, and they really should start calling it that. They use the community to help find and fix bugs. The problem is, the bugfixes rarely get uploaded here (the latest version is 3.1.11, that's 3 missing updates).
The upside is, you can go into the Discord and report bugs and they will fix it, even if you play a pirated version. And they never stop fixing bugs. They still regularly update CK1 to fix bugs that have been reported. It's very rare that Devs continue to fix bugs after moving on.

TREXrg

Jun 26, 2022
While I agree with most of what you say here, I do disagree with your characterizations of Aubrey suddenly changing lanes.
There was quite a bit of hesitance and concern on her end of being honest about not wanting to date, etc - enjoying the friend and fuckbuddy zone.

Eventually she softens up if you play your cards correctly and coax her into a relationship. But I would not characterize this shift as a out of thin air sudden lane change.

-TL
Well i did not mean out of thin air but she got more character moments and was written with greater care then other characters while others did not get more charcterization we meet her siter who is a model we meet her parents and uncle we find out she is negelected by her parents her sister is their favorit and so forward.This is more a problem for people that have a favorite girl that is not Aubrey maybe undergrad steve will give the other girls more charcterization but Aubrey feels like top girl for now

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019

-TL
You raised one of the more frustrating points about this game. I tried the Aubrey path, was able to achieve BF/GF status with her, and it all went away in Chap 2. I wonder if same happens with other potential LIs.

DarkAssassin

I, for one, welcome our new android overlords.
Modder
Donor
Nov 2, 2017

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
You raised one of the more frustrating points about this game. I tried the Aubrey path, was able to achieve BF/GF status with her, and it all went away in Chap 2. I wonder if same happens with other potential LIs.
There are traps that will end your relationship with her. Like if you side with Riley about polygamy vs monogamy or if you hook up with her sister.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
There are traps that will end your relationship with her. Like if you side with Riley about polygamy vs monogamy or if you hook up with her sister.
The discussion alignment is a fair trap gripe - but putting the other in this category?

"Man can you believe it? I fucked my girlfriend's sister then she dumped me, what an unfair trap to fall into!"

Like i would expect most LIs to dump you if you screw their sister, problem is those checks take more work so players are just used to probing their proboscis everywhere.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Crusader of Romance

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
Yeah I did the perfect date, chose Aubrey and monogamy over Riley & polygamy. Then I couldn't advance without using Path Builder and all the stats went away. Back to ground zero.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
The discussion alignment is a fair trap grip - but putting the other in this category?

"Man can you believe it? I fucked my girlfriend's sister then she dumped me, what an unfair trap to fall into!"

Like i would expect most LIs to dump you if you screw their sister, problem is those checks take more work so players are just used to probing their proboscis everywhere.
You are definitely right about that. In this case, they have a sort of open relationship but her sister should be an obvious no-no. :LOL:
Yeah I did the perfect date, chose Aubrey and monogamy over Riley & polygamy. Then I couldn't advance without using Path Builder and all the stats went away. Back to ground zero.
OK, then that must be some weird bug. Hopefully it gets fixed in the revamp of Episode 2 when that is released later this summer. Have you reported it to their discord?

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
You are definitely right about that. In this case, they have a sort of open relationship but her sister should be an obvious no-no. :LOL:

OK, then that must be some weird bug. Hopefully it gets fixed in the revamp of Episode 2 when that is released later this summer. Have you reported it to their discord?
No I have not. I THINK this may have been experienced by several others previously.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
A cheat mode by default should be nice....
reputation.components[RepComponent.BOYFRIEND] = HoweverHighYouWant
reputation.components[RepComponent.BRO] = HoweverHighYouWant
reputation.components[RepComponent.TROUBLEMAKER] = HoweverHighYouWant

just use console....

Last edited:
Reactions: uwu0uwu

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
I did not experience this.
I woo-ed Aubrey "correctly" and earned her trust and LI as a girlfriend.
I didn't get the 'start over" issue you mentioned

I mainly did this route because she is my favorite after Riley and since Riley was not an option for truly dating or has much content after Europe trip; so it was a great second place option.

I have two save games - one where I completely stayed true to that - and the other one in which I'm no in a GF/BF relationship with both Aubrey and Nora. I'm sure that won't end well. lol

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
Well i did not mean out of thin air but she got more character moments and was written with greater care then other characters while others did not get more charcterization we meet her siter who is a model we meet her parents and uncle we find out she is negelected by her parents her sister is their favorit and so forward.This is more a problem for people that have a favorite girl that is not Aubrey maybe undergrad steve will give the other girls more charcterization but Aubrey feels like top girl for now
Fair enough. I get ya here.
I know what you mean cuz as I said in other post, I would have preferred more interaction with Riley, but since Aubrey had (IMO) a pretty good and robust storyline, I chose to go with her.

Reactions: TREXrg

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I've looked low and high in this thread and others and im shocked for a game of this popularity there's been little to no notation on models/asset lists.

Im specifically trying to figure out penelope and nora.

I imagine they cant be that difficult to any seasoned daz user since this game is notorious for using stock assets with few custom morphs.

Last edited:

TREXrg

Jun 26, 2022
Fair enough. I get ya here.
I know what you mean cuz as I said in other post, I would have preferred more interaction with Riley, but since Aubrey had (IMO) a pretty good and robust storyline, I chose to go with her.
Riley was also one of my favorits

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes