fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
CK1 save transfer in beta stage, didn't work for me.
season 2 saves are apparently fucked as well, already. lmao.. guess it's starting over at ch2..

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Is it even possible to transfer CK1 saves to CK2? Or is that feature broken for everyone?

Secondly, I started a CK2 game using path builder to make it as close to my CK1 game as possible. I'm almost finished part 2 of Act 1 and for some reason I can't see what my KCT is on my phone like I could in CK1? Also, all the relationship statuses in my phone showing as "friend" for everyone, which is annoying because I don't know where I'm at with anyone now. I made to change them at the start in path builder, but they just all changed to friend somewhere around the start of part 2.

Is path builder just buggy? I was messing around and noticed you can start a new game (not using path builder) and it takes you through important scenes and you have to say yes/no. It seems like it's the same as path builder?
Path builder is more detailed, but like I said all the saves seem to be irrelevant now. Starting over Ch2 is best option, especially if you're like me and always have games to play but limited time to do so.

Reactions: skrten

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
Yeah save transfers don't work and we might as well forget about them at this stage and just start anew with CK2.

I like this game but coding is certainly not the dev's strong suit. Should have just made a mandatory single special save point "save here for transfer to CK2" (the natural point being when MC disembarks on from the plane) that transitions to also the same point in CK2 for everyone. This way, everyone's save would have exactly the same variables in the same order and it's easy to make it work.

Trying to acomodate normal saves from "anywhere" that overlaps is going to be even more difficult with the rework because some might have variable flags for things that no longer even occurs in the new episode.

Reactions: JEPelerin

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Personally, I think it makes more sense to release update patches which patch to the original game rather than behemoth sized updates which include the whole game each time. I experimented with this myself and it is pretty straight forward to do. I have code in my own visual novel code which checks for a new chapter, and runs it if it exists, if not, drops to the default "To Be Continued" screen. Then you only download the update which is small, add it to your already downloaded game and start playing. A person can even download the updates as needed as they complete each one prior to it.

Reactions: JEPelerin

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
I had downloaded this earlier from RPDL, and based on my playthrough and the changelog, looks like no new content until mentioned update later this month.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Did this new update make it so we can load from the last chapter or whatever it was yet?

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
That new handy relationship tracker you have to enable in the path builder disappears when loading saves, and another time it kept duplicating, at one time I had three sets of icons on the phone LMAO. Probably best bet is just waiting for the content release. One of my previous ch2 saves completely flipped the script and started playing apes content! At first I thought they just added the scene to show their decision to troll Chloe but then the MC is talking about protecting their reputation and I'm just like what the fuck.. I still never did an apes playthrough.

Mikedazz1

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017

Hey everyone!

The major update for CK2 Episode 1 is coming later this month!

After listening to your feedback, we've carefully refined the entirety of Episode 1. With new scenes, new choices and a new ending, plus deeper and more realistic relationships, we hope to really make you feel like we've heard and addressed your concerns!

We'll announce the official release date soon, stay tuned!
P.S. Plotting is going amazing for the remaining 9 episodes of CK2, and writing for episode 2 will start later this month :)

- Steve

addasus

Oct 30, 2019
Is this game still a fkn bug fest or has it gotten better??
Came across a fairly long stretch of scenes where the game breaks if you try and save, which seems new.

Also, the phone's apps all continuously multiply if you reach the end of the content and start again without quitting the game entirely.

Honestly, that second one impresses me.

• Haha
Reactions: fishbrain
May 4, 2017
Came across a fairly long stretch of scenes where the game breaks if you try and save, which seems new.

Also, the phone's apps all continuously multiply if you reach the end of the content and start again without quitting the game entirely.

Honestly, that second one impresses me.
You mean the contacts multiply? I had a bug where I had the same NPC contact 4 or 5 times.

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes