Reayler

Jan 6, 2022
We can't delete the save ? I have so many I want to delete some but I don't see an option to do that. I tried to delete the files but the saves remain in the game.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
We can't delete the save ? I have so many I want to delete some but I don't see an option to do that. I tried to delete the files but the saves remain in the game.
Write over them or see if they can be deleted from the documents/games/collegekings folder

Levitsky

May 4, 2021
Write over them or see if they can be deleted from the documents/games/collegekings folder
Same here, I tried to delete them in the "saves" folder but they somehow still appear in the game. I might have missed something, I wish ther could be deleted from the menu.

Reayler

Jan 6, 2022
They are some scene I don't know how to have from the last part payable, someone has a walkthrough or something like that for the last act available ?

SAFFID

Mar 9, 2018
This game is REALLY good! But it's kinda weird how they warn people that any review even mentioning Being a DIK will be removed. The game itself is good, but a warning like that just causes me to think that this is a complete rip-off. If they hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have made a big deal out of it. I would still have thought it was eerily similar to Being a DIK, but I wouldn't necessarily have thought of it as thievery. However, when someone is SO obsessed with people not making a certain comparison, I get suspicious. So....
Is this an actual rip-off. Is this thought-theft? Is this a case of someone stealing the intellectual property of someone else? I would love to hear what Dr PinkCake has to say about this game.

• Angry
Reactions: Zero141214
Dec 8, 2021
This game is REALLY good! But it's kinda weird how they warn people that any review even mentioning Being a DIK will be removed. The game itself is good, but a warning like that just causes me to think that this is a complete rip-off. If they hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have made a big deal out of it. I would still have thought it was eerily similar to Being a DIK, but I wouldn't necessarily have thought of it as thievery. However, when someone is SO obsessed with people not making a certain comparison, I get suspicious. So....
Is this an actual rip-off. Is this thought-theft? Is this a case of someone stealing the intellectual property of someone else? I would love to hear what Dr PinkCake has to say about this game.
actually it wasn't a theft, because if it were, the game wouldn't have as many differences with the one as they have, it's one the developer may have been inspired by this game, but stolen the idea, it's an exaggeration, just look at all the differences that this game has compared to that one, this doubt happens because people focus a lot on similarities, when it's worth focusing on differences, that's when this game is worth it

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
The only similarities are a guy goes to college and joins a frat. The story is different...
This part of your comment basically demonstrates why a lot of College games on here have this policy like AOA Academy which is nothing at all like Being A DIK apart from it being a College game. You get people coming in leaving comparison reviews rather than reviewing the game on it's own merit or accusing the game of ripping of BADIK. Also no DrPinkCake did not invent the college genre, now if the story copied Being A DIK exactly beat for beat same story scenarios, plot lines etc then yes it would be a rip off.

SAFFID

Mar 9, 2018
The only similarities are a guy goes to college and joins a frat. The story is different...

This part of your comment basically demonstrates why a lot of College games on here have this policy like AOA Academy which is nothing at all like Being A DIK apart from it being a College game. You get people coming in leaving comparison reviews rather than reviewing the game on it's own merit or accusing the game of ripping of BADIK. Also no DrPinkCake did not invent the college genre, now if the story copied Being A DIK exactly beat for beat same story scenarios, plot lines etc then yes it would be a rip off.
When I watch a movie in the fantasy genre, I don't immediately go: "HEY! This is a rip off of The Wizard of Oz"... But If I watch a movie that is pretty much the same story, using the same structure and storytelling mechanics as "The Wizard of Oz", AND when the director of said movie comes out screaming: "DONT COMPARE THIS TO THE WIZARD OF OZ!" I get suspicious. I never said that DR PinkCake "INVENTED THE COLLEGE GENRE" (what a weird statement btw), but when everything in the game (not only the college setting) is similar to a different game, and the creator is afraid of people making a certain comparison it does seem.... you know... odd.

I understand but also object to your argument of "reviewing a game on its own merits"... I get what you mean, but comparison is a very natural part of evaluating art. When we watch a Marvel movie, we immediately compare it to other marvel movies. We rate things through comparison. And for an artist to silence such comparisons is really just censorship, a kind of censorship that hints at foul play.

Dec 8, 2021
When I watch a movie in the fantasy genre, I don't immediately go: "HEY! This is a rip off of The Wizard of Oz"... But If I watch a movie that is pretty much the same story, using the same structure and storytelling mechanics as "The Wizard of Oz", AND when the director of said movie comes out screaming: "DONT COMPARE THIS TO THE WIZARD OF OZ!" I get suspicious. I never said that DR PinkCake "INVENTED THE COLLEGE GENRE" (what a weird statement btw), but when everything in the game (not only the college setting) is similar to a different game, and the creator is afraid of people making a certain comparison it does seem.... you know... odd.

I understand but also object to your argument of "reviewing a game on its own merits"... I get what you mean, but comparison is a very natural part of evaluating art. When we watch a Marvel movie, we immediately compare it to other marvel movies. We rate things through comparison. And for an artist to silence such comparisons is really just censorship, a kind of censorship that hints at foul play.
so man, they didn't put this as a form of censorship, but as a form of filtering, because a while ago the topic was unbearable with people comparing, saying that it was copying, it was very toxic, so they put this warning just to stop this toxicity in the topic, nothing more than that

kenmills

Dec 13, 2018
I'm having a few issues with this. runs fine for a while then it just grinds to a crawl. I then save and restart and its fine again? any ideas

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes