El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
If I choose not to go to the meeting with the two girls and the druggie friend, yes, I do show up at that meeting.
If I say I don't want to drink and will only have water, guess what? I end up drunk...
If I choose to buy the ball to give it to Chloe, I don't even carry it.
Why don't you make a kinetic novel instead? :unsure: And we forget about the options.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
If I choose not to go to the meeting with the two girls and the druggie friend, yes, I do show up at that meeting.
If I say I don't want to drink and will only have water, guess what? I end up drunk...
If I choose to buy the ball to give it to Chloe, I don't even carry it.
Why don't you make a kinetic novel instead? :unsure: And we forget about the options.
This. The point of having choices is to have some agency on how your character behaves. Allowing a bit roleplay as much as a VN type game allows it. If I see a choice that allows me to avoid drinking then I expect to not get drunk... Not to mention it doesn't even make much sense narratively, as if you are playing a bold type of MC he wouldn't have issue doing any of the dares ,avoiding drinking that way

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
This. The point of having choices is to have some agency on how your character behaves. Allowing a bit roleplay as much as a VN type game allows it. If I see a choice that allows me to avoid drinking then I expect to not get drunk... Not to mention it doesn't even make much sense narratively, as if you are playing a bold type of MC he wouldn't have issue doing any of the dares ,avoiding drinking that way
Well, here's what I've done, I was aggressive when I had to be, without being an idiot, I've made only friends with the girls I thought were nice and pleasant, so as not to be an antisocial jerk , I've stayed away from the bitches, I have tried to pursue Chloe alone as an LI and I still can't control whether I drink or not? :(
The only question I have now is, is there a way to have a normal second date with Chloe? or do all the options lead to the same result?

Last edited:

Cee27

Apr 26, 2020
This is the type of game I love, thank you dev for this one! THUMBS UP, I recommend this to y'all art's amazing, and the storyline is great. Wish the updates are longer tho, I would advise the dev to take your time bro/sis, don't rush it you don't need to post updates every after week, take your sweet time. But overall I enjoy this novel. Keep up the good work

• Red Heart
Reactions: UndergradSteve

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
I don't know, is there any way we can be more stupid and mess things up with Chloe?
Maybe if I choose options to be a bit more of an asshole, I could arrive at the date with her, drunk, shooting a weapon and with a two whores.
She's really the only girl I like, and of course she's the only one you can't have.

Lots of potions, none of them are useful when you really need them. :mad:
Hey there,

I'm sorry that the amount of options provided don't feel sufficient.

I'm trying to find a balance between meaningful choices and interesting story development.

If you feel that this update was to light on the choice side, I'll try to do better for the next version :)

All the best,

Undergrad Steve

Shadu

Mar 8, 2018
Decent game look like being a dik got some competition hopefully this game dosent be in the abandon box soon

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
Hey there,

Thank for giving in-depth feedback, I really appreciate it.

I can definitely see where you're coming from. I'll try to improve the impact of choices for future updates.

All the best,

Undergrad Steve

Reactions: AL.d and El Tanque

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Hey there,

I'm trying to find a balance between meaningful choices and interesting story development.

If you feel that this update was to light on the choice side, I'll try to do better for the next version :)

All the best,

Undergrad Steve
Hi, thank you.
No the problem is not the number of options, there are quite a few, the problem is that they all come to the same result, so what is the purpose of having so many if they do not change anything in the story?
By the end there are several options, all arriving at the same result, you decide to drink/you don't to drink... you end up drunk.

Last edited:

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Hey there,

All the best,

Undergrad Steve
To me it wasn't the lack of choices. It was how pointless they were. Like if I choose to drink water and do the dares instead of the sips, it's safe to assume MC will remain sober. Then the next frame has MC wasted which obviously makes said choices both nonsensical and pointless.

It's fine to have drama involving the MC in a game. It makes for interesting stories instead of a vanilla flat story. But in a VN with choices, you can't have a pre-determined outcome for something that should be in MC's direct control. Especially when the game itself gives the impression that said outcome is in player's direct control.

Last edited:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Man, the MC is getting more stupid with each update.
I don't like how we're forced to go to the party and get drunk.
I chose to not to go and to drink water later, just to end the night being a drunk retard with Chloe.

If choices don't matter don't give the player any options.

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Hey there,

All the best,

Undergrad Steve
If you want to make an interesting story, then let the player choose what interests him/her, maybe there are those who prefer to stay at the friend's party with the two girls, and others who want to go to Cloe's. ;) if not, only for a group the story is interesting.

Reactions: Silihdar34 (RF)

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
Hi, thank you.
No the problem is not the number of options, there are quite a few, the problem is that they all come to the same result, so what is the purpose of having so many if they do not change anything in the story?
By the end there are several options, all arriving at the same result, you decide to drink/you don't to drink... you end up drunk.
Hey, thanks for your reply.

Pretty much all choices have impact, however some only later on into the story as they shape your personality (Key Character Trait).

Some choices also significantly alter the story, especially side stories etc. I do feel some structure is necessary and I don't feel that I can create a compelling main story line if everything is avoidable.

I'll try to make choices even more meaningful in the future. I really appreciate that you took the time to give me feedback, I want to make the game as good as possible and community interaction is in my opinion the best way to do that.

Take care,

Undergrad Steve

• Red Heart
Reactions: m3lee and El Tanque

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
i agree Chloe been my main LI from the start, so to then have to turn into a drunken moron and mess things up with her got me a bit pissed and Imre is a fucking mong and im not helping him, he can fend for himself if he wants to keep trying it on with any girl with a pulse

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
To me it wasn't the lack of choices. It was how pointless they were. Like if I choose to drink water and do the dares instead of the sips, it's safe to assume MC will remain sober. Then the next frame has MC wasted which obviously makes said choices both nonsensical and pointless.

It's fine to have drama involving the MC in a game. It makes for interesting stories instead of a vanilla flat story. But in a VN with choices, you can't have a pre-determined outcome for something that should be in MC's direct control. Especially when the game itself gives the impression that said outcome is in player's direct control.
Hey there,

Thank you so much for the feedback.

I do feel that in real life sometimes you make choices but situations get out of control, such as drinking at a party.

I'll try to do a better job with the choices the next update, thanks for explaining what you think is lacking.

I hope you give the next update a try and let me know how I did.

Take care,

Undergrad Steve

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Hey there,

Thank you so much for the feedback.

I do feel that in real life sometimes you make choices but situations get out of control, such as drinking at a party.

I'll try to do a better job with the choices the next update, thanks for explaining what you think is lacking.

I hope you give the next update a try and let me know how I did.

Take care,

Undergrad Steve
That would be a great time to make your points count, if you're a "jerk" (I don't remember the name of that trait) you have no choice but to drink, but if not, at least you can demonstrate self-control and not drink. ;) keep up the good work.

I remember doing it as a teenager, (self-control) otherwise I probably wouldn't have made it. And the next day, will only find pieces of me scattered around the city where I live. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

twiztid

Oct 21, 2020

It's fine to have drama involving the MC in a game. It makes for interesting stories instead of a vanilla flat story. But in a VN with choices, you can't have a pre-determined outcome for something that should be in MC's direct control. Especially when the game itself gives the impression that said the outcome is in the player's direct control.
I noticed that too, it sucks because the water for one doesn't get you trunk and you are forced to see Chloe when you are drunk. You can't even skip out of the party.

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes