Anukich

Feb 5, 2019
I dnt know why the android version in this thread was never updated. Here's the android version ported by Dark Assassin.All credits goes to him and not me.I got the link from his Discord channel
I hope its allowed to post it here.If not ill remove it.
Game Version is 15.1.0
Mega
Could you upd the link plz?

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
I am so annoyed with this game. I played through the entire game quite a few times (as Wolves then as Apes) with multiple save files for different love interests at the end (plus the bang everyone route).

Now all saves work fine in version 3.0.11. I did an update to version 3.1.8 and absolutely none of the saves work. I get an error screen and choosing ignore puts me at a choice for "real life or not" and then starts a new game at the airport.

I nuked the update and put 3.0.11 back and all saves work again. However.... if they do not work in 3.1.8 then I'm expecting they are going to be screwed in all future versions.

All of my saves are complete up to the Chris fight which totals a lot of time put into playing this game.

Why would they put out an update which makes all saves no longer work? To me that is just stupidity!

Malice
I have checked my saves and except for them all suddenly having the same date and time, they all work.
If you're not using any mods I would report this to their Discord. It would really help them fix this bug. And unlike many other Devs, they don't hold it against you if you haven't bought their game legally, they will still listen. However, they have released a new patch today so it might have fixed it.

Edit: I checked and 319 did indeed fix some save problems.

Last edited:

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Hm, didn't know that he has written ep 3 himself.
To be fair, i would need to replay and check if the scenes i meant are in ep 2 or 3, i do remember that i had some dislike for the latest party thought.
Episode 1 ends with the election and Episode 3 starts with the Wolf voting and preparing for the upcoming fight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raziel_8

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Can someone explain what exactly is going on with this game?! I just downloaded yet another version. I am way behind on playing this, been a while, I can't recall the last time I played it so I figured, must have lots to catch up on... so I play it, it goes a few screens and then ENDS?! What the actual fuck?! Please give me one good reason not to delete this permanently?

I normally am not one to complain, but this is ridiculous.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Can someone explain what exactly is going on with this game?! I just downloaded yet another version. I am way behind on playing this, been a while, I can't recall the last time I played it so I figured, must have lots to catch up on... so I play it, it goes a few screens and then ENDS?! What the actual fuck?! Please give me one good reason not to delete this permanently?

I normally am not one to complain, but this is ridiculous.
The latest episode of College Kings 2 was released a little over 2 months ago. This update was just a patch.
For some reason the mods have renamed College Kings 1 to Act I and College Kings 2 to Act II in the OP. Did you download Act I or Act II?

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
The latest episode of College Kings 2 was released a little over 2 months ago. This update was just a patch.
For some reason the mods have renamed College Kings 1 to Act I and College Kings 2 to Act II in the OP. Did you download Act I or Act II?
I actually have both on my system. I had a save from the last version for Act 2. I haven't played it in a while, perhaps there still isn't more content? <shrug> I'll play something else and stay away from this for another year I guess.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
I actually have both on my system. I had a save from the last version for Act 2. I haven't played it in a while, perhaps there still isn't more content? <shrug> I'll play something else and stay away from this for another year I guess.
There won't be a new episode for some time (late this year). People hated Episode 2 so much that he's first revamping that this summer, deleting the Amber detective storyline and adding some new storylines instead. So when you do play again, you'll need to replay Episode 2.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
There won't be a new episode for some time (late this year). People hated Episode 2 so much that he's first revamping that this summer, deleting the Amber detective storyline and adding some new storylines instead. So when you do play again, you'll need to replay Episode 2.
Was that all people hated or were there other parts which he plans to rework ?

I'm by no means a fan of the Amber detective play, wouldn't say i hated it thought, just feels pointless...especialy the second one about the frats.

TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023
He came out with a third episode, a few months ago I think, called "Back 2 Basics" it was the one after the Pool Party. So if you played the update after the pool party you're up to date, if not, maybe another issue *Shrug*

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Was that all people hated or were there other parts which he plans to rework ?

I'm by no means a fan of the Amber detective play, wouldn't say i hated it thought, just feels pointless...especialy the second one about the frats.
People hated pretty much the entire Episode. He has already rewritten some of the dialogue that people had especially problems with. But after the positive feedback for Episode 3 he decided to make a revamp of Episode 2 and hoping to get players who gave up on the game to give it a new shot. My guess is that Episode 3 sold much worse than the first 2 episodes because of Episode 2.
This is what they said:

"With Episode 3 out of the way, we thought it'd be good to revisit Episode 2. We're currently working a revamp that will add new core storylines, remove others (such as the Amber detective storyline) and overhaul all existing scenes. We'll be adding a large amount of new scenes and sex scenes with the goal of Episode 2 feeling completely different, much more in line with the College Kings you know and love, and worthy of replaying.
This update will come Summer 2023 and will be free to all existing owners of Episode 2."

I think the problem with the Amber detective storyline was, like you say, that it ends up feeling pointless. It was mostly made as a parody, a joke. But there were some potentials in the gameplay. If it had been a genuin little mystery that intrigued players and had and interesting payout then it could have been really fun.
But apparently they got so many complaints about it that they decided it was unsavable.

He came out with a third episode, a few months ago I think, called "Back 2 Basics" it was the one after the Pool Party. So if you played the update after the pool party you're up to date, if not, maybe another issue *Shrug*
No, the Pool Party was in Episode 2. It's even called "The Pool Party". "Back to Basic" had Nora's Sleepover Party.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raziel_8

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Ah, okay... seems like it's been a while. Ah well. Plenty of other games to play. I'm getting so I don't bother checking on this much anymore.

Malice2099

Sep 7, 2021
I have checked my saves and except for them all suddenly having the same date and time, they all work.
If you're not using any mods I would report this to their Discord. It would really help them fix this bug. And unlike many other Devs, they don't hold it against you if you haven't bought their game legally, they will still listen. However, they have released a new patch today so it might have fixed it.

Edit: I checked and 319 did indeed fix some save problems.
All save files were not using any mods which is why i was surprised that none of the work with the updated files.

I will try the new update and hopefully the saves will work.

Appreciate the heads up on the update.

EDIT: 3.19 is not available on here so my save game issue was never resolved and I could not play the update.
Malice

Last edited:
Reactions: Crusader of Romance
Jan 27, 2021
College kings has three acts while College kings 2 has three episodes. Dev should've stick to the same label I think, still could change in one of the games to be more consistent.

Here it's messed up though, the 2 games shouldn't be labelled as act 1 & 2 because Act 1 & 2 are parts of the original game, 1st was the original, free release on Steam and 2nd came as a DLC just like the 3rd before dev decided to split the game in to two because of the size and possibly issues with the code. At some point it was a 33GB download on Steam only up until Act 3. They cleaned up a lot of things and still working on it so now it's just 14GB.

I guess mods should drop the label "act" and call the two games part 1 and 2 or better simply College kings 1 and 2 to avoid this confusion with actual game versions. Or even create an own thread for College kings 2 since it's a standalone game, that would be the less confusing solution at this point!

I also hope the writer situation gets resolved and they'll find someone reliable because playing other college themed games and seeing some getting abandoned makes me appreciate this one more and more!

Reactions: Crusader of Romance

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
According to the discord, they have a writer. They're currently only looking for artists, renders and animators.

Gregorif

Mar 19, 2018
Is there a fix for the "gallery unlocker" not being there anymore ?
I tried the old gallery unlocker, but it gives an error and starts a new game :/

stargate1979

Mar 12, 2020
Love the game........Sick of having to start over each update......Guess it's to be expected with this creator.....

3.20 star(s) 192 Votes