VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.2 Final v7] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
ok the art is pretty good and the dialogue is good as well. there are some parts where it feels like forever before you get to the next choice though.

i cant say too much about it since sci-fi tends to be a bane of mine. but overall i still see myself playing future updates.

not a big fan of forced sex scenes where we cant decide to bang or not to bang though. and i'll admit i almost gave up on the game cause i thought we couldnt name MC.

either way good luck to dev and will wait for future updates.

• Haha
Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Dec 31, 2017
Color of My Sound [v1.A.3] [Gallant Trombe] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.

Developer:

This compression is unofficial which reduces media quality and might break the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Original Win/Linux Size: 838 MB
Compressed Win/Linux Size: 106 MB
Compressed Mac Size: 71.3 MB

Give me a "(y)like" if you enjoy this compressed version

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
just saw his patreon and that statement. so my fault for not going there before playing.:whistle:

still dont like the lack of choice but eh, shit happens. :cool:
I would like to address that. I really do agree sex scenes should be optional, which is why I made it a point that all future ones are.

As to why that scene isn't, is that it is integral to the plot. I thought about having an option to just fade to black and skip it, but in the end, I didn't like doing it that way.

I will consider it again for the next update. Thanks for the feedback.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
I would like to address that. I really do agree sex scenes should be optional, which is why I made it a point that all future ones are.

As to why that scene isn't, is that it is integral to the plot. I thought about having an option to just fade to black and skip it, but in the end, I didn't like doing it that way.

I will consider it again for the next update. Thanks for the feedback.
for me its not enough to kill my interest in the game just because i know that if i had the choice i'd likely click yes anyway. plus from what i've seen of the girl i have no problems with her.

so unless i wanted to take a -Meme crusader- outlook and reject her just because she came on so quickly and was a harlot (just a joke:LOL:)

:oops:

but yeah aside from that for the most part not too big a deal, if at all.
if the only option is to skip and not avoid it then leaving it as is is ok with me. unlike you as the dev of the game i have no idea the significance of that scene. so if you say its important then go for it. its not a scene i hate so i'm still looking forward to the update anyways. and like i said if i had a choice i'd probably click yes anyways. my main reason to click no if i had a choice would be just to see how it affects their relationship,dialouge,etc.

Reactions: Gallant Trombe

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
Really enjoyed this, props to the dev. I'm looking forward to watching how the project progresses.

Hellysium

Apr 30, 2018
Really like the setting and how this story starts so far.
This is the first time I play a game on its first release but I was intrigued when I saw this one and I'll definitely keep following it.

Good luck to the dev!

CSLysander

Jul 13, 2021
I like what I have seen so far. Is this going to be mostly kinetic, or will there be relevant decisions to be made?

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
I like what I have seen so far. Is this going to be mostly kinetic, or will there be relevant decisions to be made?
I wouldn't say it is kinetic, but for chapters 1-3, there won't be any significant branching. The choices in this VN are mostly for flavour, a little bit of RP, and some scenes will be exclusive to certain choices. I'm committed to making sure these flavour choices will be continuously reflected as the story progress. However, I'm not going to even attempt major branches this early in the story, it's going to hurt development than it is worth IMO.

There will be multiple endings though. Harem ending is the highest priority, follow by a few that I won't spoil.

One last thing I'll say about this is that this isn't a dating VN. You can develop romantic and/or sexual relationships with LIs, but there won't be a point system. The story centres around outsmarting characters around you, including LIs. If you fail to earn the genuine loyalty of your team, you might end up losing and there will be consequences. Again, that comes later.

Nov 21, 2020
Some people just love to harp on versioning and how everything should follow semantic versioning, which is borderline useless nowadays.
It is by no means useless. Good versioning can allow you to roughly approximate the amount of content a game has. I know that a 0.1 doesn't have much content. I know that 0.6 means there have been a few months of work at least. I know that 0.14 means there's a lot of content but there's no ending. I know that 1.0 is more or less complete or has some completed aspects/storylines. Obviously you don't know how many hours you can put into a game just from that, but you can make a bet based on the versioning as long as it follows a general set of rules.
In comparison to that, I have absolutely no clue what 1.A.3 means or what comes next, nor can I tell how much work has been put into the game without checking the changelog. I can only assume that this is the 3rd patch of the 1st Alpha, which isn't the most terrible versioning I suppose, but what's the 1 for? If A comes from Alpha, then do we have a second alpha (2.A.0) as well? Is there going to be a 1.B for beta? But wait, the changelog says this is the first version of the game. Why is there a 3 in the version? Shouldn't the first release be 1.A.0?
If everyone makes their own versioning rules then versions become virtually useless to anyone apart from the dev (and perhaps some fans/supporters which I suspect will grow tired if they have to keep in mind a different versioning for every single game they play).

• Angry
Reactions: osanaiko

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Solid renders, hot girls, so far the story kept my attention... we'll have to see how it goes but this looks promising at the moment... Blanche is my favourite, but I presume she's kinda intended to be at this point.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I said . Which is basically: [MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH], used in software development of most kinds. And for a long while, universally thought of as the best way to version your programs/apps. Which is what the dev attempted to use here, I believe at least. That's what I was referring to as useless. It's a confusing, unstandardized mess.

The 0.X or the like you see used a ton here is technically wrong, but it's certainly easier to gauge content in the game/vn sphere with it, but again, not what I was referring to to begin with.

Reactions: PrinceOfShades

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
It is by no means useless. Good versioning can allow you to roughly approximate the amount of content a game has. I know that a 0.1 doesn't have much content. I know that 0.6 means there have been a few months of work at least. I know that 0.14 means there's a lot of content but there's no ending. I know that 1.0 is more or less complete or has some completed aspects/storylines. Obviously you don't know how many hours you can put into a game just from that, but you can make a bet based on the versioning as long as it follows a general set of rules.
In comparison to that, I have absolutely no clue what 1.A.3 means or what comes next, nor can I tell how much work has been put into the game without checking the changelog. I can only assume that this is the 3rd patch of the 1st Alpha, which isn't the most terrible versioning I suppose, but what's the 1 for? If A comes from Alpha, then do we have a second alpha (2.A.0) as well? Is there going to be a 1.B for beta? But wait, the changelog says this is the first version of the game. Why is there a 3 in the version? Shouldn't the first release be 1.A.0?
If everyone makes their own versioning rules then versions become virtually useless to anyone apart from the dev (and perhaps some fans/supporters which I suspect will grow tired if they have to keep in mind a different versioning for every single game they play).
I might as well explain how and why it is the way it is. This is Chapter 1, Part A, iteration 3. I'm doing it this way mostly for myself and people that (I hope) will be following this game. There's a fairly rigid system as to how much content there is for each update. Each release is like an episode of a TV series, I do this because I think this makes each update more worthwhile to play. Chapter 1 Part B for example, will wrap up the immediate plot introduced in Part A, and Chapter 2 will start a new arc. Should the arc requires more parts, then there would be a part c, etc.

You're absolutely right about versioning can be quite useful, it's how I gauge what games to try as well. Next update I will change it to be clearer.

ScroxDieded

Nov 6, 2017
I don't know what heavenly fire was lit under people's bums, but thank the gods. So many quality content recently. This looks awesome and I'll give it a try soon. All the best to the dev!

Reactions: Gallant Trombe

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Great quality,girls beautiful,even MC is new good looking guy but....i'm founding the story to confusing with a looot of info straight from the start what makes me speeding up until some action or new person appear. Shame it is sf and not happening in everyday life. With those renders and new faces,would kill it.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
This is a crazy high quality first release and I'm very glad to see it here on F95.

I've had a fascinating time over the past few months working with Gallant Trombe as he has powered towards this first release.

He was kind enough to take me up on my offer of playtesting, editing and proofreading assistance.

We've done a lot of back and forward about the text and the story, and I must say I really like the result.
I love the art style and the beautiful characters, and I'm super looking forward to see where the game story goes.

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes