VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.2 Final v7] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes
Nov 21, 2020
You're right, I misunderstood a bit what you were referring to. Still, even if it's a dated system it still provides a basic guide as to how you should structure your game. If you follow the [MAJOR.MINOR] format at least then it automatically becomes easier for everyone involved to gauge progress. Therefore, it's still not useless as it creates a standard in the gaming industry that everyone can easily follow and agree on.

That makes more sense now that you've explained it. I'm not gonna push changes onto you because I personally don't care that much about it, but if you feel like you need to then I'm not gonna stop you either.

All of this aside, the game looks great so far and I wish you the best of luck!

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Wow this is an outstanding start. I see great potential in this game, LIs are deep and cute, story is relatively original, a dev that is active and clear with his ideas, harem is planned and no ntr in sight. If things keep going this way i think this VN is going places.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
The story began when a rebellion on an unprecedented scale erupted across the Empire's worlds and humanity faces an uncertain future for the first time since the Empire's inception. The infamous day has abruptly altered the lives of many, including our protagonist.​

I hope I'm not the only one interested about an important question: is this an Asimov empire or a Lucas empire?
(God, I would love to read a story from Asimov empire for a change to the kind where space ships are making graceful turns in space like aeroplanes and making whoosh sounds in the vacuum of space. And making Kessel runs in less than 12 parsecs... :HideThePain:)

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021

I hope I'm not the only one interested about an important question: is this an Asimov empire or a Lucas empire?
(God, I would love to read a story from Asimov empire for a change to the kind where space ships are making graceful turns in space like aeroplanes and making whoosh sounds in the vacuum of space. And making Kessel runs in less than 12 parsecs... :HideThePain:)
Hmmm, I'd say neither. By Lucas, I assume you mean Star Wars' Galatic Empire? Then it definitely isn't it. Foundation is a bit closer but thematically very different. Star Wars, at least in the movies, is very black and white, good versus evil. And I consider Foundation more about dealing with the downfall. My Empire is more like 40K Imperium except it isn't Grim Dark at all, and a hell of a lot more optimistic, and well, happy.

stukablyat

Jan 10, 2021
Just finished it, it was really good for a first vn and first chapter. The renders are very good quality. The LIs also have their own personalities and backgrounds, I can definitely see a huge potential for their character arcs, really looking forward to that one. It's a bit early but I think it would be difficult to pick a single LI, luckily it's a harem.

The story also holds pretty well, secrecy and politics as well as some mystery about the MC and the LIs. We learned a few things about the MC and some info about the LI. Really excited about how the story will go, I have a few theories for their background in mind but it's still too early for that. Also big props to dev for being upfront about his plans like the tags, kudos to him. For what it's worth I really enjoyed the VN and I'm looking forward for more, wish you all the luck GT.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Hmmm, I'd say neither. By Lucas, I assume you mean Star Wars' Galatic Empire? Then it definitely isn't it. Foundation is a bit closer but thematically very different. Star Wars, at least in the movies, is very black and white, good versus evil. And I consider Foundation more about dealing with the downfall. My Empire is more like 40K Imperium except it isn't Grim Dark at all, and a hell of a lot more optimistic, and well, happy.
well

i may say i see some influence from "Dune" (the original book) -the 3 houses , the imperator (its maybe just me)

anyways - i really enjoyed the first release :cool:

thanks Gallant Trombe and osanaiko (y)

nice renders , good writing
unique (hot) girls
and so much open questions ....
waiting for more

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
well

i may say i see some influence from "Dune" (the original book) -the 3 houses , the imperator (its maybe just me)

anyways - i really enjoyed the first release :cool:

thanks Gallant Trombe and osanaiko (y)

nice renders , good writing
unique (hot) girls
and so much open questions ....
waiting for more
Dune for sure has a lot of influence indirectly, but it also inspired many, including a lot of works that inspired me. I haven't actually read Dune until after this setting was written.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Really well done for a first release, and a decent amount of content as well. MC is unique, so that's a plus (at least, unique to me). The cast is pretty good so far, nice and diverse personalities which is great. Loving Blanche mostly, seems like a fun individual. I sense some crazy hijinks coming in the future with her lol.

Only thing that was a bit off-putting for me was there being no sound, especially with an MC that was a musician and the game being called Color of My Sound. Was expecting some music/sound effects, but nothing. But it's not a big deal, just was odd. I played plenty of games without sound and they were just fine. It's not necessary.

Overall though, really loving how this is coming along. Story is interesting as well as the characters. Excited to see what comes next. Great work Gallant! ;)

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Really well done for a first release, and a decent amount of content as well. MC is unique, so that's a plus (at least, unique to me). The cast is pretty good so far, nice and diverse personalities which is great. Loving Blanche mostly, seems like a fun individual. I sense some crazy hijinks coming in the future with her lol.

Only thing that was a bit off-putting for me was there being no sound, especially with an MC that was a musician and the game being called Color of My Sound. Was expecting some music/sound effects, but nothing. But it's not a big deal, just was odd. I played plenty of games without sound and they were just fine. It's not necessary.

Overall though, really loving how this is coming along. Story is interesting as well as the characters. Excited to see what comes next. Great work Gallant! ;)
sounds/music rights are expensive

i can see why there is none at the moment ;)
Lol, actually, there's no sound literally because that's the trauma the MC is suffering from. The journey is for him to rediscover his "Sound", through the colours of his life (the LIs).

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes