VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.2 Final v7] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

Throwood

Jun 2, 2022
Only found this game because it was name dropped in another game. My canon playthrough was no LI because ya can't trust anyone (even though they all have their own charm). Lana finally seems trustworthy enough but damn she's got some issues.

2nd playthrough I did all the LI stuff but still noped out of Lana's initial scene cus that felt so uncomfortable. I'm relieved that you can turn her down without turning her down.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Am I in the minority in thinking that June and Rose are not the same person? On my main/first playthrough I didn't make a connection until she called him Vayne (I also thought he told her his name but upon further reflection he told Blanche). I don't think they looked alike at all, though I did have a hard time telling apart some of the brunettes so maybe I'm unreliable in that regard.

It wasn't until the second playthrough when she called him heartbreaker during the first sex scene that I made the connection. Everything about MC's assignment to that damn planet is fucky. Everyone one is using him, even June used him so I don't take anything at face value.

My instinct after the LI playthrough is that June is in a position of importance with the Rebels and finessed events to have MC posted there and coached Rose in how to manipulate MC and Rose devloped her own feelings for him. If they are the same person then offing 2 LIs (and the only real active one at that as I don't see the others progressing that quickly) is a bold move.

All This is along with all the other factions manipulating events to post him and the specific members of his team there and it feels like MC has no real agency. Especially since he doesn't utilize what little leverage he does have and is passive to a fault to the point that an asset got merked on his watch...by a supposed ally no less. I was annoyed that I couldn't tell Lady S to fuck off about what happened to her brother. She provides negative value to the team, is only there to serve her own interests and doesn't respect his authority...how can he possibly utilize her operationally. I still don't see why he feels so much guilt for dude getting fragged in the first place to the point that he'd even possibly consider helping her get elected. PTSD I totally get, but dunno that scene should have played out much differently in my opinion and was the only time in the game I felt railroaded.

Even with MC's character flaws (which hopefully he learns from) I really enjoyed the game, fantastic universe building. Reminds me of a Cold War era spy thriller...IN SPACE.

Last edited:

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
...how can he possibly utilize her operationally. I still don't see why he feels so much guilt for dude getting fragged in the first place to the point that he'd even possibly consider helping her get elected. PTSD I totally get, but dunno that scene should have played out much differently in my opinion and was the only time in the game I felt railroaded.
Probably because we don't actually know what happened. MC isn't exactly in the state of mind to confront what he has blocked off in order to cope.

And considering Safiya's background and status, along with the theme of both chapters, maybe realizing how ineffective the squad has been and ill-fitted to take charge of these type of operations are; It is probably part of MC's trial to work it all out.

Throwood

Jun 2, 2022
Probably because we don't actually know what happened. MC isn't exactly in the state of mind to confront what he has blocked off in order to cope.

And considering Safiya's background and status, along with the theme of both chapters, maybe realizing how ineffective the squad has been and ill-fitted to take charge of these type of operations are; It is probably part of MC's trial to work it all out.
Fair enough, it wasn't clear to me if there was more he was repressing. I thought what was explained was too mundane to result in a court martial but that could also be explained by the importance of the VIP that was lost. I was hoping there would be more to it so I'm glad for the confirmation. I would still take his explanation at face value that if in his mind that is what happened, then the referential treatment he was giving her felt out of place since significant portion of said ineffectiveness is a result of her interference. Ultimately Grace is still on him so that could explain his lenience and I just got a bit ranty about the interaction.

Secretly I'm happy that he didn't tell her to pound sand even if it felt out of place as that would mean less Aria. I'm aware of the cognitive dissonance but she cute. Thanks for your hard work, game is right in my wheelhouse so looking forward to what's next.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023

no spoilers to see here....
move along, move along....

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
glad they have lots of free time to make custom pics for instant cash
I really wouldn't complain about something like this, TBH. First, I doubt it delays their work hardly at all. They do still have to do storyboarding, script writing, coding, and whatever else — all things that can be done while a machine renders a custom image. Second, making money with this decreases the chance that they will become a developer who abandons their project. The more money they make — through the game itself or through custom renders — the more likely they are to stick around.

Reactions: Smarmint

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I really wouldn't complain about something like this, TBH. First, I doubt it delays their work hardly at all. They do still have to do storyboarding, script writing, coding, and whatever else — all things that can be done while a machine renders a custom image. Second, making money with this decreases the chance that they will become a developer who abandons their project. The more money they make — through the game itself or through custom renders — the more likely they are to stick around.
I personally like when devs do customs as long as it isn't their main focus as to me it shows they are still active and not abandoning a project at least when it comes to devs that have poor communication or lack of devlogs. ( unsure how this dev is tbh in that regard)

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Customs are why I have a 4090 now.

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes