VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 69 Votes

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
Developer: Gallant Trombe - F95zone - -
Modder: LaikDink
I've made a small walkthrough mod for this game. This mod will highlight some recommended choices. Enjoy!!
P/s: Updated to Ch2 v6
Download: MEGA
View attachment 2208625 View attachment 2208629
thx for the mod update~ ^^

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Chapter 2 Part A was released cocurrently for patreons along with the Chapter 1 Extended Edition a while back. People complaining about it being too short fail to realise that this is an "old" half of an update that's only now made its way to here.
Thank you, 1337Bob, for being almost the lone voice of reason with respect to the actual nature of this release:

Major rework of Chapter 1:
1. New section added to the prologue in chapter 1
2. Extended (more than doubled) length of sex scene with Dizzy at the end of chapter 1
3. Addition of sound effects throughout the whole game.
4. Rework of Lore unlock system (internal programming)

New Content:
5. A "part-A" release to kick off Chapter 2, that I agree was on the smallish side.

Patreon supporters of course would already know what to expect, because they get the relevant announcements or could read the release notes and therefore did not feel unfairly deprived (or could vote with their wallet if truly unhappy).

Non-supporters who felt the need to come complain about "omg too short"? Well, there's some broken aspect of human nature that is the reason for the saying "looking a gift horse in the mouth" to exist...

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
update the mod bro, thanks in advance
Mod update?
Plese update your mod for Chapter 2 Part A - 6
when do you think the next WT mod will come out for this new game update?
There is absolutely NO need for a walk-through mod for this game.

The choices that exist so far have NO realized long-term plot direction effects. I know this because I've literally been through every line of the code.

Yes, you can choose options that will avoid certain relationship scenes - but no-one other than the dev has any information about what that means for the larger plot. I fully expect that such choices, and others that perhaps seem inconsequential now, WILL have some plot effect in later chapters.

So, what I'm telling you is this: whatever "correct choices" are currently recommended in the WT mod created by Laikdink are only guesses, because he (and no-one other than GT) does not know the consequences of each choice.

Sure, you as a player can decide to install such a mod in a attempt to get all possible sex scenes, but firstly, the choices leading to scenes are telegraphed so hard it's impossible not to know what is coming, and secondly the recommended choices are 100% a case of the blind leading blind about the long term effects.

For the record, here is the confirmation from LaikDink that the WT mod is just him guessing: https://f95zone.to/threads/color-of-my-sound-ch-2-pt-a-v6-gallant-trombe.95142/post-9522005

(Important note: This is not coming from place with hate for Laikdink, I assume he is trying to be helpful. But the truth is the WT mod is spreading misinformation, just not maliciously.)

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
Just scroll up 2 posts mate. That's partly the reason.

A lot of people are complaining about this, but put your minds at ease people. Next update won't be 6 months away :) Don't get mad, we got this for free.
oh i mean it sounds like it but i wasn´t complaining i loaded a old save (from june) then played and as i said it was quick so it was more or less a question maybe there where changes in ch.1 or something

Oct 21, 2022
oh i mean it sounds like it but i wasn´t complaining i loaded a old save (from june) then played and as i said it was quick so it was more or less a question maybe there where changes in ch.1 or something
It wasn't aimed directly at you mate, my bad. Just a lot of people saying this and it seems mostly negative.

I'm not sure when the Ch1 rework was but that happened and as Osanaiko said, other things were done too. So I think you would have to restart from the beginning to see some of the changes.

All the best anyway, lets hope the next update is meatier :)

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
Just finished playing this , and I just fell completely in love with it. Granted, it was good for me that I just found it some days ago and I got to play it since the beginning to the latest update, so I don't share the same frustration of people who had been waiting more content.
Like some others said, I also feel a little bit paranoid with some of the girls: With some of them, it feels like waiting is the right thing to do because the moment doesn't feel right. Some of them I don't trust at all.
Part of me believes Blume is either someone we already met in the crew (which would be a crazy plotwist) or June. I believe we do have a mole that is already inside the crew as well.
I really like the Dev's style and I can't wait to see more content :)
And I'm also so curious to know who is the most popular girl right now :unsure:

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Just finished playing this , and I just fell completely in love with it. Granted, it was good for me that I just found it some days ago and I got to play it since the beginning to the latest update, so I don't share the same frustration of people who had been waiting more content.
Like some others said, I also feel a little bit paranoid with some of the girls: With some of them, it feels like waiting is the right thing to do because the moment doesn't feel right. Some of them I don't trust at all.
Part of me believes Blume is either someone we already met in the crew (which would be a crazy plotwist) or June. I believe we do have a mole that is already inside the crew as well.
I really like the Dev's style and I can't wait to see more content :)
And I'm also so curious to know who is the most popular girl right now :unsure:
Thanks for playing!

Probably Lana, then Mireille :unsure:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
MC should bang them all until they admit or pass out and problem solved;)
I'm with you there, my friend... Well said! We must perform interrogation by dickmatization! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

For any of you not yet familiar with the term "dickmatize" I shall endeavor to illuminate...

Dickmatize: 1) The act of enchanting a woman into a trance like state similar to hypnotism through repeated teasing and stimulation of her body with an engorged penis. This makes her susceptible to suggestion to the point she will do anything for more of that big, fat, cock! 2) Being cock crazed, i.e. "All she can think about is getting more of that dick!"
(Male equivalent... see pussy whipped...)

Once successfully dickmatized, these ladies will divulge ALL of their inmost secrets willingly and gladly.:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)

risky0

Oct 7, 2022
This atmosphere of insecurity is not very healthy, I hope it will not last long.
I see it as a misleading element that prevents us from seeing the true personalities of love interests.(insecurity)
It prevents me from judging them correctly as a player.

I love the character development of our hero.
In the future, I want to see him as a more social, smiling fun person.
Or a sigma man standing at the top of the hierarchy.:devilish:
Of course, this character development has to be very slow.

I think the most reliable people in the game right now are Elisa and Lana.

Lana definitely sounds like a plan B for team leadership.
For now, it seems like a safe option for me in terms of her respect for us and the romantic feelings she has inside.
We'll have to wait for how the Mc will react once she finds out her secret.

Elisa is controlled by her family, but how willing is she to do anything?

I actually trust the personalities of these two.
I guess it's no coincidence that they're both in the military.

I don't think mc is a simple orphan. He may have the blood of a noble house.
I hope the rebels are really the bad side as it states in the game.
The reason I'm thinking about this is because there's a good chance that Dizzy is actually a rebel agent.
Everyone seems to know that Blume is actually June.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Hey GT... Loving the new update thus far except I have to agree on both of HogRocket's points.

Blume should be a mystery at first. That was not a hint but rather a slap in the face realization that Blume is not an AI. No further mystery...

And, I prefer the "war turned my hair white" explanation to coloring it as well. Not sure where you got hair "blanching" but that does not fly in the states by any stretch of the imagination regardless of what Elle magazine says. (Yes, I looked that shit up! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:) In the states, folks color, dye or bleach their hair. Those are the commonly accepted terms. In all honesty, the easiest way to get that stark white color is hydrogen peroxide, commonly referred to as "peroxide blonde." However, that process can easily damage your hair to the point it becomes brittle and breaks right off.

Coloring MC's hair just tells me that the war only did a half ass job in traumatizing him. You should reconsider changing at least that point. Having the trauma of war turn his hair white is just better story telling. I will not tell you how to write but will encourage you to go with your initial instincts rather than waffle about changing things like these. You were on a perfect trajectory... now... IDK. Still playing the update at present. Not going to let two small items I see as mistakes ruin the whole show but still have to say that your initial ideas for presenting Blume as a mystery and the "war turned my hair white" were much better than what you have now.

The sound effects are a nice addition however we still need music... desperately... I gave some more thought as to how to handle music and MC's perception of it after the "Day of Infamy." Maybe it should be a muffled sound like when your neighbors play their music too loud but all you can hear is the throb of the beat with zero clarity in the mid and upper ranges... kind of like living inside a subwoofer. You could even use that technique to show from who's point of view you are referring, like in the scene with Dizzy early on... all MC would hear is that muted throb of the bass with no clarity yet when Dizzy speaks, we hear the full track as it would be heard in the club by regular folks. MC hasn't gone deaf. It's just his perception of music that has been altered so none of the melody and harmony make sense to him after his trauma so all he hears is muffled, muted thudding. Does that make sense? As a retired pro musician, I have given this a lot of thought so I hope that made sense.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)
Significant stress protracted over a period of time can cause hair to turn white it is rare but it can and does happen, hair loss is another side affect too and I am not talking about alopecia either, significant periods of stress can do some truly weird things to the body and the brain.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Significant stress protracted over a period of time can cause hair to turn white it is rare but it can and does happen, hair loss is another side affect too and I am not talking about alopecia either, significant periods of stress can do some truly weird things to the body and the brain.
Stress causing hair to turn white is a medical fact. Look at any of the US Presidents as proof. Even Barak Obama, who was one of our younger presidents, came to the end of his term as president with white hair. When I was an infant and toddler, my hair was blonde, like spring sunshine. At that time I had one streak of black hair in the back. Later my hair turned chestnut brown and the black streak turned pure white. Now 56, half of the hair on my head along with all of my beard are white... years and stress are the cause. The idea that MC colored his hair is not only unnecessary but utterly ridiculous.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Stress causing hair to turn white is a medical fact. Look at any of the US Presidents as proof. Even Barak Obama, who was one of our younger presidents, came to the end of his term as president with white hair. When I was an infant and toddler, my hair was blonde, like spring sunshine. At that time I had one streak of black hair in the back. Later my hair turned chestnut brown and the black streak turned pure white. Now 56, half of the hair on my head along with all of my beard are white... years and stress are the cause. The idea that MC colored his hair is not only unnecessary but utterly ridiculous.

Before she died, my mom went super grey super fast because of chemo treatment. Thank God the treatment worked. She lived another 9 years before the cancer came back and took her. She also had beautiful chestnut hair before, but that last decade turned it all white and grey. The MC obviously didn't have any of that, but grey hair in a young person is not an unreal thing; it's just not that common.

4.30 star(s) 69 Votes