Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Here goes...
Ah, I see the problem. Is this an older save?
Mari only has a maximumum of three stars in this one. If I had to guess it's from the chapter 3 or 4 update last year.
RJ has changed a lot of the game mechanics since then, no more homework minigames, 99% less grind, no more money system, etc.
This means that older saves are no longer compatible. Sorry about that, you'll have to start over.
On the upside: You have a lot of new content to look forward to. :D
Also she re-rendered some of the earlier images, more eye candy now.

GermanioBR

Dec 3, 2018
Ah, I see the problem. Is this an older save?
Mari only has a maximumum of three stars in this one. If I had to guess it's from the chapter 3 or 4 update last year.
RJ has changed a lot of the game mechanics since then, no more homework minigames, 99% less grind, no more money system, etc.
This means that older saves are no longer compatible. Sorry about that, you'll have to start over.
On the upside: You have a lot of new content to look forward to. :D
Also she re-rendered some of the earlier images, more eye candy now.
Well, let's start again... its not the first time, hope is the last one :p

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
hope is the last one :p
Errrrmmmm... How shall I put this...?
RJ is reworking the entire hint system for the next update. It's not sure yet, but maybe that'll break the saves again. She is aware of the inconvenience though and is working on it. Should it come to this, there's a good chance that she'll provide a full save (end chapter 8).

As someone who is on this site a user/gamer myself I know that can be a pain in the ass, but that's always the risk when playing a game which is in active development. Things can change. In this case because the self-taught dev is getting better at what she does.
Let's hope it can be avoided, but it may not.

EDIT: See https://f95zone.to/threads/come-home.54521/page-57#post-5959087

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well hint system works except it has "some" bugs aka date "night" doesn't give heart when hint says so.

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
Just a note to add to what Grim said:

The new version is not going to break previous saves. It's just that the new gallery may not work correctly with previous saves. Meaning you won't be able to replay scenes that you've seen in those earlier saves.

That said, I'm doing my best to try fix it so that it WILL work with older saves. I'm hoping I can, but right now it's still being worked on.

Reactions: Grimtown

GermanioBR

Dec 3, 2018
Errrrmmmm... How shall I put this...?
RJ is reworking the entire hint system for the next update. It's not sure yet, but maybe that'll break the saves again. She is aware of the inconvenience though and is working on it. Should it come to this, there's a good chance that she'll provide a full save (end chapter 8).

As someone who is on this site a user/gamer myself I know that can be a pain in the ass, but that's always the risk when playing a game which is in active development. Things can change. In this case because the self-taught dev is getting better at what she does.
Let's hope it can be avoided, but it may not.
Ok, for now I will keep it quiet and try again in the next version, so I'll avoid any new restarts... and yet, I think it will be good if the hint system along with some minor interface ajusts will be make in the future versions. This is a good game, I think only need some polish here and there...

kuolan

Jan 2, 2021
Not quite. Some of the characters will know about each other, but none will mind that you're dating multiple people. You're free to pursue as many or as few as you'd like.

Not yet. Check back next update ;)
I'm excited because Bai is my favorite character and I already asked him all of the date questions

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
1623502160811.png
(Dear mods, this is a game specific memefication with characters from "Come Home".)

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Seriously waited until this far into Adrian's story to drop that plot twist? This is the kind of shit that makes me blacklist a Dev.

Reactions: Crazymic79

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Seriously waited until this far into Adrian's story to drop that plot twist? This is the kind of shit that makes me blacklist a Dev.
:unsure: That spoiler dropped in this thread a couple of times since the dev confirmed it in July?/August? last year.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
:unsure: That spoiler dropped in this thread a couple of times since the dev confirmed it in July?/August? last year.
Your point? There is absolutely no indication in the game that this was a thing until you are deep within his storyline.

Either way I'm done with this Dev. You don't pull shit like that and expect people to keep playing.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Your point? There is absolutely no indication in the game that this was a thing until you are deep within his storyline.

Either way I'm done with this Dev. You don't pull shit like that and expect people to keep playing.
*Her storyline.
But seriously, the dev would not have to confirm it if people hadn't gotten the vibe early in the game. In my opinion the clues are there. But I understand that if you didn't catch them, it might have been a bit of a surprise. :)
Fortunately you can opt out after her reveal and there are 19 18 other LIs in the game for you to pursue.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
*Her storyline.
But seriously, the dev would not have to confirm it if people hadn't gotten the vibe early in the game. In my opinion the clues are there. But I understand that if you didn't catch them, it might have been a bit of a surprise. :)
Fortunately you can opt out after her reveal and there are 19 18 other LIs in the game for you to pursue.
When it comes to such an extreme fetish Devs need to be up front about it. Absolutely unacceptable to spring that on the player without any warning whatsoever. I could avoid the gay dude as I'm not into that but there is nothing to indicate I should also be avoiding his route and there should have been.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
When it comes to such an extreme fetish Devs need to be up front about it. Absolutely unacceptable to spring that on the player without any warning whatsoever. I could avoid the gay dude as I'm not into that but there is nothing to indicate I should also be avoiding his route and there should have been.
As someone who likes to look into the "planned tags" section of games to know what I'm getting into I can understand that somewhat. I've got to know the dev somewhat on her discord by now and I can assure you that she didn't do it to piss people off. There just was no "planned tags" section before the latest update. Now there is. Would earlier been better? Perhaps. In your case absolutely. Happens. Like all of us she's learning as she goes along.
Did you like the rest of the game? Maybe you can enjoy enjoy it again in a few updates when your disappointment has subsided. I guess - when you played until now - that it's not all bad in your opinion. :)

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
As someone who likes to look into the "planned tags" section of games to know what I'm getting into I can understand that somewhat. I've got the learn the dev somewhat on her discord by now and I can assure you that she didn't do it to piss people off. There just was no "planned tags" section before the latest update. Now there is. Would earlier been better? Perhaps. In your case absolutely. Happens. Like all of us she's learning as she goes along.
Did you like the rest of the game? Maybe you can enjoy enjoy it again in a few updates when your disappointment has subsided. I guess - when you played until now - that it's not all bad in your opinion. :)
I enjoyed the game up to now but after this I've put the thread on ignore. Once a Dev has pulled this kind of stunt I just ignore all future projects from them. Good day.

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
See ya!

There are plenty of hints, and nothing happens with her until after you confirm that you're into it. If you're upset about one of the twenty characters in my game being transgender, then good riddance.

Funny that I just made a post yesterday about how I hadn't gotten a single person upset about Adrian coming out as transgender. Way to be the asshole that ruins it.

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes