Unity ComeCloser [v0.19.1] [ComeCloser]

3.60 star(s) 12 Votes

Cumlauder

Nov 3, 2019
Just tested it through link and it worked (i have better performance in virtual desktop app wirelessly). It also launched steamvr and the window to configure inputs for me, try pressing the menu button on left controller and choose 'return to game'. The cost of the app is a bit much, true, but when compared to options it provides it can be easily justified.
How did you achieve this? Did you open it by adding the game to the Link library or what did you do? I can't figure it out.

xorger

Donor
Mar 16, 2018
Open oculus app on pc, add game to library. Turn on quest, connect through link cable and then launch link on quest when popup comes up, then launch game from library in quest.

Cumlauder

Nov 3, 2019
Open oculus app on pc, add game to library. Turn on quest, connect through link cable and then launch link on quest when popup comes up, then launch game from library in quest.
Yeah, I did exactly this, but it just opens the game on my monitor, so on desktop, not on my Quest itself, or am I supposed to wait for a long time? Because last time I tried it I was waiting more than 5 minutes, without any change.

xorger

Donor
Mar 16, 2018
Then i don't reeally know what the problem is, are other games working or is it the same with all of them?

Cumlauder

Nov 3, 2019
Then i don't reeally know what the problem is, are other games working or is it the same with all of them?
I got Captain Hardcore working, but that is an APK version of the game, the rest doesn't really wanna load except for 1 but that game is buggy as hell, it starts me off in the ground and can't fix it

LowFatYogurt

Feb 21, 2021
New version 0.3 is out, only patrons can see the patchnotes. If someone could post the patch notes and maybe even a download link I would be forever grateful.

Reactions: Medic4 and Foxyz

Darper

Feb 9, 2021
I run it through Link, I didn't test Virtual Desktop yet as it costs a bit much in my opinion. Link should be more stable for connection etc. But what happens is: I add the game to my Link library, and I start it, but it says it's loading forever, and when I look on my monitor it started the game with a weird camera angle and no way to control it. If I open it through virtual desktop on Link (the option in Link, not the software) it doesn't allow me to control anything in game, and I can't even change camera angles etc.
You have steam installed?

Darper

Feb 9, 2021
I have Steam installed yes but I don't have SteamVR working/running for the Quest 2 yet, could that work by starting it through SteamVR?
If Steam and Steam VR are installed, the game should atumatically start it up before loading the game. You can try starting it manually and see if that works.

Sesinho

Jan 3, 2020
The work for this must be out of this world, but in the current state, it is a waste of time. It is a pre alpha/tech demo.
The 0 gravity objets that slip through your fingers, geometry flying everywhere when there is a colision. Obviously there is not a "something" that limits the space an objet can ocupy. A game made like this can be awesome, it should be the future, but in order to make this work, how any people have to suffer?

• Sad
Reactions: atur

uSngSFdM6dhD

Mar 30, 2021
Also crashes for me. Oculus Rift + RX580 + R7 5800X.
Possibly an issue with AMD drivers, or AMD + Oculus combination.

Menu works just fine, but locks up when entering any scene. Plus AMD utility wants to report issues.

Reactions: SnooperNoSnooping

j1017brown

Aug 27, 2020
Also crashes for me. Oculus Rift + RX580 + R7 5800X.
Possibly an issue with AMD drivers, or AMD + Oculus combination.

Menu works just fine, but locks up when entering any scene. Plus AMD utility wants to report issues.
had same issue before v0.3 update. still dont have update so cant see if it is fixed

NightPolicy

Jan 23, 2018
Comecloser 0.4 is out for $12, sadly it appears there is no demo this time. I am interested in supporting this game but want to make sure it doesn't crash right away as the first two builds have. Anyone have it?

Foxyz

Oct 10, 2018
Comecloser 0.4 is out for $12, sadly it appears there is no demo this time. I am interested in supporting this game but want to make sure it doesn't crash right away as the first two builds have. Anyone have it?
That is really weird excuse to not pay for the game. Besides that, isn't there like refund or something on patreon where you can cancel your subscribtion? And also if anybody had it and was on this site he'd probably upload.

xorger

Donor
Mar 16, 2018
Yeah a weird one for sure. I'd probably be allready having that 0.4 but that hand controlled pelvis is still there (judging from the twitter previews), and that is a hard maybe from me, so i'll wait a while and if 0.3 is released and it's implemented better i will be glad to get even higher build at that time. Who knows maybe even 0.7

NightPolicy

Jan 23, 2018
That is really weird excuse to not pay for the game. Besides that, isn't there like refund or something on patreon where you can cancel your subscribtion? And also if anybody had it and was on this site he'd probably upload.
I mean not really, I've tried the last two demos and haven't been able to play either due to it crashing on launch. Why would I pay for a game I cant play at all?

3.60 star(s) 12 Votes