Unity ComeCloser [v0.20] [ComeCloser]

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

Sanguyn

May 16, 2018
ComeCloser 0.13, so soft you won't believe it!
As a quick feedback, just tried this version (Valve Index) and especially the new fixed pelvic feature and I find it really hard to use, though I do like the potential.
What I am doing is moving the pelvis/dick with my hand into any hole from some distance so my chair does not bother me (yeah I play seated), then I try to move my ingame character into position. Problem is doing so the dick become wobbly when I move and almost always get out of any hole, making the feature almost unusable for me.

Also I don't seem to be able to move any body part, well if I correctly understood this feature is separate from the animation feature where a hand appears. The animation feature works, the moving body part does not. Like in the tutorial when Vanessa says I can move her hand, well I can't.

And one last thing, would be great to have some sidestep movement on one controller for better positioning, at the moment both just turn the character!

Reactions: pvqnep

Bigsieboon

Apr 11, 2022
v0.13.2 has not released for the oculus, try going for v0.13.1
V.0.13.1 is not shared here for Oculus yet. Do you have it by any chance?
We're really waiting on the oculus version since we dont all have powerfull pc's (Cries in GTX1070)

Diver25

Jan 29, 2018
is there anyone that can actually play this with a Reverb G2 w/ a 3080? The fps is all over the place and it locks up all the time.

ComeCloser

Mar 13, 2021
What's up with the pink zippers?
You can click on them to unhook the cloth ^^
Can I use my hands? on the PC version
There are no hands on desktop for the moment, but it will come.
Can we orgasm in the game ?
Not for the moment but we want that!
the first post still says Quest (2) is not supported and even few versions ago it was working fine on Quest 2 (via SteamVR and OculusVR both running), is it so?
Quest 2 without PC is supported since a year at least. But I'm not the owner of this thread and I can't update it (I would if I could). It's worth noting that we always update the quest version at the same time than the PC version, with the exact same content.
is there anyone that can actually play this with a Reverb G2 w/ a 3080? The fps is all over the place and it locks up all the time.
RTX3080 + Reverb gives a pretty solid 50fps on your test bench in native resolution. You can either lower the graphics quality to medium (and the cloth and hair physics but your should not need to) or lower the huge resolution of the Reverb to something like 80%.

Reactions: he_found_you

ComeCloser

Mar 13, 2021
As a quick feedback, just tried this version (Valve Index) and especially the new fixed pelvic feature and I find it really hard to use, though I do like the potential.
What I am doing is moving the pelvis/dick with my hand into any hole from some distance so my chair does not bother me (yeah I play seated), then I try to move my ingame character into position. Problem is doing so the dick become wobbly when I move and almost always get out of any hole, making the feature almost unusable for me.

Also I don't seem to be able to move any body part, well if I correctly understood this feature is separate from the animation feature where a hand appears. The animation feature works, the moving body part does not. Like in the tutorial when Vanessa says I can move her hand, well I can't.

And one last thing, would be great to have some sidestep movement on one controller for better positioning, at the moment both just turn the character!
Thank you for your feedback. The fixed pelvis is indeed unstable when you teleport or walk, we will work on this.

Moving body parts and animating them is the same feature. Body parts that can be animated will display the ghost hand to help you form a loop, but if you release the part somewhere else it will just stay there. Some body parts are movable but can't record animation (no ghost hand).
In general, imagine that you have a 4inches (10cm) sphere in front of the palm of your hand. This sphere needs to be in contact with the articulation of the body part to move. Usually, you want to aim for the ankles, the wrists, the hips or the skull. We will add some visual indications in the future.

Because you often use only one controller (due to the virtual pelvis and replication features, that "slave" a controller), the controls are mirrored and sidewalk is not easy to add. Most importantly, side walking is a linear motion and may cause nausea in VR. That said, you can definitely slide yourself in a precise position by using the horizontal slider in your holo menu.

Have fun!

Reactions: Sanguyn

REMBO7447

Sep 25, 2019
You can click on them to unhook the cloth ^^

There are no hands on desktop for the moment, but it will come.

Not for the moment but we want that!

Quest 2 without PC is supported since a year at least. But I'm not the owner of this thread and I can't update it (I would if I could). It's worth noting that we always update the quest version at the same time than the PC version, with the exact same content.

RTX3080 + Reverb gives a pretty solid 50fps on your test bench in native resolution. You can either lower the graphics quality to medium (and the cloth and hair physics but your should not need to) or lower the huge resolution of the Reverb to something like 80%.
I am very glad to hear this from you, the best game among vr!!!

Reactions: ComeCloser

Ancognito

Feb 19, 2022
V.0.13.1 is not shared here for Oculus yet. Do you have it by any chance?
We're really waiting on the oculus version since we dont all have powerfull pc's (Cries in GTX1070)
Figured it out, BTW oculus 0.13 is out there, you just gotta look for it.

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes