Ren'Py Abandoned Coming Back Home [v1.1.2] [Hidden Life Studios]

1.50 star(s) 6 Votes

moonshadow

May 6, 2017
It's funny. Often I dont even remotely agree with the rating of the games on this site. As people are way too trigger happy on giving a game either a 5 or a 1 star. And I recall enjoying this game some time ago. I must, because I was kinda happy to see the update.
All that changed once I *tried* to play the update. Met with error message. And trying to click on a name in the 'messages' list on the phone threw me out of the 'game' like a cannon. The countless, pointless PoI's on the map are dumb and...well dumb.
Tons of buildings/places to click on, 9 out of 10 times they will just tell you they're work in progress/under development. FFS, remove those places if you know you want include them in the game/story for a long while.
Hint system is..just awful.
And I think the 'incest' toggle is borked, as there's no 'mom/son/sister/whatever' with or without the incest toggled on.
the friggin minimap in the house, you gotta be precise when you click the stairs, if you're on the groundfloor, because you might end up in the basement instead of 2nd floor. Horrible design.

So my point is..I guess, sometimes these ratings you see for some games are NOT wrong. Lesson learned I guess. This game literally is a 1½ star game *at the moment*. This update itself is definitely a 1-star.
Only sidenote I can add is, there's always a slim chance that this update required you to start from scratch again, and by doing so, the game would be less broken. Maybe. But then the good ol' dev should've added such info..
I'm sorry, but this game, no.. just no. I rather jerk off with sandpaper. And if you think THAT sounds dumb...well imagine how this game must be then lol ;)
Best of luck to the dev, but this one will be avoided for many, maaany updates/months/years before I might be tempted to give it yet another chance.

Solution, skip this game, stay away. It's...a wreck.

franksiinatra

Dec 17, 2019
clicked around for what seemed to be an eternity for a whole bunch of Work In Progress messages, wait another 10 years for anything substantial to be done with this, cuz the updates seem to be extremely slow, with a whole lot of no content. The scope of the world might be a little too ambitious for a first game, 2 man project tbh, especially when updates are 50 renders, or 100 renders each time, thats damn near nothing

deschain75

Nov 25, 2022
Had the same issue. Click on Auto, it will continue.
Maaah... this is intended to click on "Auto" ?
Soo... yeah I missunderstood/missread your comment.... cause they´re heading to the car - german->Auto....NM

Yepp, here too. Got 2 Issues first one is when you choose "5 more Minutes"
Zwischenablage-2.jpg Zwischenablage-3.jpg
after the 2nd picture game doesn´t freeze/crashed, just nothing happend.

Same here
Zwischenablage-0.jpg Zwischenablage-1.jpg

... also as mentioned above, before this V1.1.2 i´ve already had V2.0 ? and the first time I started the V1.1.2 and loadet the last savepoint, game crashed. I ignored, but afterwards i started the V1.1.2 from the beginning, to avoid future crashs....lol
What´s that with V2.0 ?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Hidden Life Studios

Aj Atkinson

Apr 13, 2022
That is a strange game with some bugs I have discovered at once. The space button doesn't work in some scenes, U have to press Tab or Ctrl to continue. The game works kinda slowly for some reason, so I tried to play the 32-bit version. But in 32-bit exe, U can't even turn on the PC of the MC in his room... It's a 1-star even without writing a review.

Alanray64

Jan 28, 2022
Was this even tested for bugs and faults? So far interesting but like above I am stuck and unable to progress. I also noted that the date went back from Tuesday to Monday? Is this going to be Groundhog day??

Think I will leave it here for now till fixed.
1677062810769.png

Reactions: Hidden Life Studios

Gissi81978

Apr 13, 2018
For supporters got the game three weeks ago, there are only bugs and crashes. After I opened a save game, I had the first error, I could continue with skip and then got stuck in the farewell scene. I then restarted the game only to be back in Windows when I clicked on the messages. I find the game interesting, but the extremely large number of errors after this long time are not possible at all. sorry

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018
any sex yet? or is it in the works, slow burn? Seems like the developers got Versioning wrong. v1 means working version i.e. complete. It should start out at v0.01 or less ;)

Just my two cents.

Reactions: denen

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well this was one hell of a "not yet implemented" sim.

This is a prime example of why people don't like sandbox games.

There is no direction, far too much clicking around, very little content to warrant a sandbox and an empty map.

As soon as the first part is done and the girls leave the house nothing seems to be going on. The main thing if you want to build a sandbox game is you need to be releasing a LOT of content every update or people are going to get bored clicking around and just drop the game.

If the plot isn't enough to keep people hooked then the characters and scenes need to make up for it. Sadly this hits every single incest trope. Boy comes back from years away, mother with 2 daughters, younger loves him and older hates him yada yada we've seen it a million times. To top it off the MC has no direction. There are no goals and the quest list is a long line of work in progress with nothing interesting happening.

Not saying this so the dev loses hope but something has to give. Either the sandbox has to go until the game has enough content to make use of it or the plot needs some decent direction.

Incest games bring in players regardless but they won't stick around unless you give them a reason to.

any sex yet?
Honestly couldn't tell you.

Only got past the intro into the sandbox mode and it's empty. Got bored of clicking around trying to find something to do and closed it.

There isn't even an images file to check.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Fuck I am not one of those stupid fucks thinking the FBI is watching everything everyone says, but come on asking for links for sites with loli content, whats next going to ask for free vpn advice.
facepalm-crowd.gif

Spankmiester

Jun 18, 2018
hmmm seems to me that I started a new game and there is some bugs, froze up at breakfast, froze up when the girls were leaving for school, shuts completely down when trying to txt Kayla.... please look in to these problems.

1.50 star(s) 6 Votes