Ren'Py Abandoned Coming Back Home [v1.1.2] [Hidden Life Studios]

1.50 star(s) 6 Votes

DragonMatt

Aug 17, 2021
game is still loaded with bugs. After you start the exploration if you enter your room by mistake it says you will start an event and when asked if your sure you wanna enter, if you click no you get an error code and then shortly there after you get missing images.

Reactions: Greslux

knight5946

Oct 20, 2017
If dad does come back, put him for the humilation, like forcing dad into a dress in public :D and be the cleaning "lady" by putting him in a French maid outfit later

• Angry
Reactions: pablo25

Falxie

Jan 9, 2023
Is there a walkthrough for all the implemented stuff?
I cant manage to get to the new content for 2 patches and I tried everything I could think of.

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
game is still loaded with bugs. After you start the exploration if you enter your room by mistake it says you will start an event and when asked if your sure you wanna enter, if you click no you get an error code and then shortly there after you get missing images.
Yes, it really is. Confirmed.

I found the reason for this error. The game refers to non-existent screens (apparently the author has not had time to add them or removed or renamed)

open the file "chapter_1.rpy"
find these lines (these are lines 224 and 225)

Here, when answering "NO" the game tries to show 2 screens that don't exist. I know this because I have searched through all the files in the game.

show screen hud_phone
show screen hud_inventory

Since the game does not have these screens, we need to comment out the lines where the game tries to display these screens. We need to do the following:

# show screen hud_phone
# show screen hud_inventory

By the way, the game also has no "freeroam" screen - it's on line 216. However, due to the fact that the code is written trying to hide a non-existent screen, we do not get an error

hide screen freeroam

Last edited:

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
I did the translation of the game into Russian.
It took me the most time to edit the scripts to put all the _() where needed.

So I want to share the files I prepared for translation, so that other people (who also want to translate) won't waste time looking for the right lines.

It's great if the author of the game uses these files, because if he does not do this (or does not prepare all the strings himself), in the next update all the translators will have to search again for all the strings which need to be encapsulated by _()... And this takes more time than the translation itself...

I also wrote about all bugs I encountered and their causes.
At the moment I fixed all those bugs while I was translating. It's not a big deal. I just removed references to nonexistent screens and labels where they would cause an exception when called.

If anyone want to know what these bugs are and how to fix them, go to the topic and read the details.

I also changed something in the external design (I hope the author won't get mad at me for that). I aligned some elements and changed some things. Screenshots, my reasons to change the look and all information can be seen in the thread.

There will be a link to the archive and instructions for installing the Russian language.
If you want to make your own translation, you can download archive with translation and additional archive I prepared for this case and make your own translation. All information is written in details in the topic.

Reactions: denen

DragonMatt

Aug 17, 2021
I am now at the point where the mom and sisters are leaving for the day. The girls to school and the mom to work. After Lyra says ... the game stops advancing. I have clicked several areas ad hit enter many MANY times and nothing.

Reactions: denen and pablo25

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020

I found the reason for this error. The game refers to non-existent screens (apparently the author has not had time to add them or removed or renamed)

Here, when answering "NO" the game tries to show 2 screens that don't exist. I know this because I have searched through all the files in the game.

show screen hud_phone

Since the game does not have these screens, we need to comment out the lines where the game tries to display these screens. We need to do the following:

# show screen hud_phone

By the way, the game also has no "freeroam" screen - it's on line 216. However, due to the fact that the code is written trying to hide a non-existent screen, we do not get an error

hide screen freeroam

show screen hud_phone

# show screen hud_phone

hide screen freeroam

Question from someone layman in any kind of programming.
How is it possible for a game launched on Jun 22 (and according to the changelog on the 5th update), STILL buggy for its first few minutes of gameplay (or steps) now on Mar/Apr 23?:rolleyes:

In the same case above (Layla), with the aggravating factors that he recommends being the first task = finding a job and now restarting after it closes, and repeating the steps, I can't even find Layla anymore.:mad:
Since her "contact" is STILL on the cell phone and if triggered to send message AGAIN the game closes.:eek:

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Question from someone layman in any kind of programming.
How is it possible for a game launched on Jun 22 (and according to the changelog on the 5th update), STILL buggy for its first few minutes of gameplay (or steps) now on Mar/Apr 23?:rolleyes:

In the same case above (Layla), with the aggravating factors that he recommends being the first task = finding a job and now restarting after it closes, and repeating the steps, I can't even find Layla anymore.:mad:
Since her "contact" is STILL on the cell phone and if triggered to send message AGAIN the game closes.:eek:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Woooooo:cool:

I must say that I am surprised with such high quality of information (and instruction) that I obtained here with a (simple?) outburst. I emphasize, for a "total layman" in the subject.
It even made me want to meet Python, lol!(y)

But seriously now... in my view (as a beginner) is it frustrating to be defeated?, even when I'm picking up the cue.
If I were a programmer, I would focus on ensuring that my first(?) versions took anyone (amateur or star) to at least "third base", only to create "traps" or even "deep abysses".
I say again, in my view.
I will wait as directed for Dev to correct or fix these "paths" later on. I hope.:rolleyes:

muerde

Sep 28, 2017
I am now at the point where the mom and sisters are leaving for the day. The girls to school and the mom to work. After Lyra says ... the game stops advancing. I have clicked several areas ad hit enter many MANY times and nothing.
I have the same isue

Reactions: denen

DragonMatt

Aug 17, 2021
Game is broken. Downloaded it and was playing. Get to the part where mom is taking them to school the day after MC arrives home and it just stops. I can scroll back but not advance.

MrKoala

Feb 27, 2018
So I get to the first freeroam section (the tutorial one) and somehow tigger meating Kayla (the childhood friend) when comming down the stairs for the first time.

When playing that section again, I have no idea how to tigger it. At first, I thought it was just a regular encounter, but apparently, I did something specific to get it.

Now that I've lost that save, does anyone know how I might get it again? I've already tried the classic point & click strategy of going to every room and clicking everywhere on the screen with no luck.

This is all assuming that I didn't come across some kind of bug that triggered the scene when it wasn't supposed to.

Obliterous

Jan 14, 2018
So I get to the first freeroam section (the tutorial one) and somehow tigger meating Kayla (the childhood friend) when comming down the stairs for the first time.

When playing that section again, I have no idea how to tigger it. At first, I thought it was just a regular encounter, but apparently, I did something specific to get it.

Now that I've lost that save, does anyone know how I might get it again? I've already tried the classic point & click strategy of going to every room and clicking everywhere on the screen with no luck.

This is all assuming that I didn't come across some kind of bug that triggered the scene when it wasn't supposed to.
This game is purely bugged.

Reactions: MrKoala
1.50 star(s) 6 Votes