Tropic1

Dec 3, 2018
I'm encountering several serious bugs with this game. The most significant ones are:
1. The day of week always shows Monday. This is punishing because the game has several events that rely on specific days.
2. The save system is messed up. If I save to slot one, the next time I start the game it's now in slot 52. If I reload the game again from inside the game, the save then returns to slot 1. It's so messed up. Edit: I'm not sure if this helps in reproducing the issue, but the first time I started the game I deleted all the saves that were already there from the in-game menu and then selected "new game". After that I only used slot 1.

Last edited:

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
I'm encountering several serious bugs with this game. The most significant ones are:
1. The day of week always shows Monday. This is punishing because the game has several events that rely on specific days.
2. The save system is messed up. If I save to slot one, the next time I start the game it's now in slot 52. If I reload the game again from inside the game, the save then returns to slot 1. It's so messed up. Edit: I'm not sure if this helps in reproducing the issue, but the first time I started the game I deleted all the saves that were already there from the in-game menu and then selected "new game". After that I only used slot 1.
1) That's a first. I know that some people have experienced that it sometimes shows the wrong day, but never have I heard of this issue. Maybe be a glitched save I have no clue really, because you're literately the only person I've heard that has this problem. Was this with a new game?

2) That not a bug. That's how the saves script works unfortunately. It will automatically jump back to the latest save slot.
When you enabled autosave it will autosave to slot52 and thus is will jump to that slot when autosave is enabled.
When you disable autosave it will jump back to the save slot of the last manual save.

AlexTG95

Feb 19, 2022
after first balcony event im just stuck inside event circle. and if i go in park im stuck inside circle - any workarounds?

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
after first balcony event im just stuck inside event circle. and if i go in park im stuck inside circle - any workarounds?
You're using mouse only? Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move her from the circle.

Some people have reported "getting stuck" inside the circle's when playing using the mouse. I changed all those transitions effected so May won't "land" on the circle. It seems I missed a few. I'll fix those too. It's weird nobody reported this sooner. It's been a long time ago I changed it. If you run into more of those please let me know.

AlexTG95

Feb 19, 2022
Some people have reported "getting stuck" inside the circle's when playing using the mouse. I changed all those transitions effected so May won't "land" on the circle. It seems I missed a few. I'll fix those too. It's weird nobody reported this sooner. It's been a long time ago I changed it. If you run into more of those please let me know.
[/QUOTE]

Never used keyb, gonna change that for now =(. Stuck with mouse movement ONLY: Beach cafe shift start and GYM Workout (Work is fine)...maybe some more i already forgot.

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Never used keyb, gonna change that for now =(. Stuck with mouse movement ONLY: Beach cafe shift start and GYM Workout (Work is fine)...maybe some more i already forgot.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll take a look at those map transitions and fix those as well.

xxxforfunxxx

Mar 13, 2018
[/QUOTE]
Hi Crazybat just wondering if update 3.0 in June will be a bigger update than current one since it has a full whole number for version number..

just another enquiry to crazybat, how far do you think we are in this game? like game progress percentage?

*btw i am a big fan of ur game and have been playing all update*

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Hi Crazybat just wondering if update 3.0 in June will be a bigger update than current one since it has a full whole number for version number..

just another enquiry to crazybat, how far do you think we are in this game? like game progress percentage?

*btw i am a big fan of ur game and have been playing all update*
[/QUOTE]

No the update won't be any bigger. It's just another version number. Nothing special about it.

As how far. I can't really give a % number simply because i don't have a "plan" for what 100% would/should contain.
I'm just making this up as I go, but I really want to finish this at some time. I hope to produce a few more updates tho.

Last edited:

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
I'm just making this up as I go, but I really want to finish this at some time. I hope to produce a few more updates.
You have my respect for sticking with it. A depressing number of people give up on their projects long before completion. Especially when 'players' get too demanding...

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
How do you Fast Forward through some blocks of Text in this game?? In every other RPGM game I have played you can hold down the left mouse button to FF through blocks of text.

Is there anyway to put this into an adjustable windows mode where I can resize the screen?

I usually don't mind well done RPGM games but no Fast Forwarding and no resizing the windowed version, is annoying as fuck.

When you go to save your game it always jumps around and defaults to slot 17...wtf?

Is this an OLD version of the RPGM engine? I'm trying to be fair before I review this game but it's faults are starting to add up.

The premise is good, the story is ok but the CLUNKY CLUNKY CLUNKY interface is grating and it's not RPGM, it is what ever version this is running on or how it is coded.

Any help would be appreciated.

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
You have my respect for sticking with it. A depressing number of people give up on their projects long before completion. Especially when 'players' get too demanding...
Thanks. It isn't finished yet so that might still happen, but I hope not.

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
How do you Fast Forward through some blocks of Text in this game?? In every other RPGM game I have played you can hold down the left mouse button to FF through blocks of text.

Is there anyway to put this into an adjustable windows mode where I can resize the screen?

I usually don't mind well done RPGM games but no Fast Forwarding and no resizing the windowed version, is annoying as fuck.

When you go to save your game it always jumps around and defaults to slot 17...wtf?

Is this an OLD version of the RPGM engine? I'm trying to be fair before I review this game but it's faults are starting to add up.

The premise is good, the story is ok but the CLUNKY CLUNKY CLUNKY interface is grating and it's not RPGM, it is what ever version this is running on or how it is coded.

Any help would be appreciated.
I really don't wanna be that guy, but half your questions are already addressed in the included read me file.

===================
Controls:
====================

Use "Arrow keys" to move around.
Use "X" or "ESC" for main Menu
Use "S" to view status screen.
Use "Q" to open the questlog.
Use "A" to open May sex diary.
USE "W" to troggle May's movement speed.

Use "F5"/"F6" to adjust scaling/resolution enter/exit fullscreen.
(Avoid using shift+enter! Make sure Fullscreen=0 is configured in game.ini!)

Use "ALT" key to hide the text box.
Hold "Ctrl" Key to skip text.

Use "D" to troggle the overlay picture. (Can be turned off permanently whit the use of the settings item in May's inventory)

Yes it's an older version of RPGmaker. It the predecessor of RPGMAKER MV, so you can't scale the window with the mouse unfortunately. You can play around with scaling by pressing F6 and F5 ( for full screen).
I think there's also a tool that can help with that, but I forgot the name. I'll post it when it gets back to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: wildride69

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
I really don't wanna be that guy, but half your questions are already addressed in the included read me file.

===================
Controls:
====================

Use "Arrow keys" to move around.
Use "X" or "ESC" for main Menu
Use "S" to view status screen.
Use "Q" to open the questlog.
Use "A" to open May sex diary.
USE "W" to troggle May's movement speed.

Use "F5"/"F6" to adjust scaling/resolution enter/exit fullscreen.
(Avoid using shift+enter! Make sure Fullscreen=0 is configured in game.ini!)

Use "ALT" key to hide the text box.
Hold "Ctrl" Key to skip text.

Use "D" to troggle the overlay picture. (Can be turned off permanently whit the use of the settings item in May's inventory)

Yes it's an older version of RPGmaker. It the predecessor of RPGMAKER MV, so you can't scale the window with the mouse unfortunately. You can play around with scaling by pressing F6 and F5 ( for full screen).
I think there's also a tool that can help with that, but I forgot the name. I'll post it when it gets back to me.
Thanks much appreciated. Just out of curiosity, why not migrate to the latest version of RPGM?

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Thanks much appreciated. Just out of curiosity, why not migrate to the latest version of RPGM?
It's simply Too much work. scripts and tile set (There are what makes up the maps) are not compatible and have to be replaced. A lot of things will have to be re-written and there's no guarantee how good it will turn out. Not to mention I'll have to retest the whole game from the start again. I estimate it will take at least a few hundred hours. Or at a bare minimum 6 months and I fear it might even take longer then that.

Might have doable if it was much earlier in development.

Reactions: wildride69

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
REVIEW...

In this VN's current state I would give it 3 Stars but I think the writing and renders really deserve 4-5 stars. I try to be as fair as possible to all developers as I know what a challenge and how much time it takes to actually create a new VN.

Story
This story starts off slow, not ridiculously so in my opinion but some will love it and some will hate it. I fall somewhere in the middle where I really wants a fast forward button in places. Once the story gets going though it is fantastic and even surprising in place. The writer has talent and it shows as the story progresses. The characters are unique, distinctive an memorable. The writer definitely takes this VN in directions even I would not have thought to take the MC Tweak some of the slowness at the start and this would be 5 stars as is for story I give it 4 stars.

Graphics/Renders/Art design
Art design is a personal choice and the art is here good but not spectacular. I have NOT tried the HD texture pack however, I try to keep the experience as true to original as possible. However I like it the way it is and there are enough animated renders to keep the game interesting. I have definitely seen better but I have also seen worse. 4 Stars.

Controls/Engine/Bugs
I am NOT a RPGM hater, some games work better in RPGM then RENPY and vice versa. If you are used to a new version of RPGM this is a difficult title initially to control. It feels clunky and it is until people point out the CTRL key and Readme files (Why is the readme file in the game folder and not on the same level as the games main folder?). Once you gain that knowledge it's much easier to maneuver in this world.

Bugs to an experienced user are fairly easy to work around but they still should not be there. You can get stuck inside a few bubbles until you use the arrow keys to free the MC and you can then use the mouse again. NPC's will disappear when talking to you (for example the park bench NPC when you walk by they will talk to you but are invisible). You will also get random runtime errors and the game will crash (Script Error line 106 RGSS Error Occurred failed to create bitmap amongst others), a simple restart fixes it however. 2 Stars when you first start the game, 3 stars after you know what's going on.

Conclusion
I like this game, I like this RPGM, I like the developer and that is the most annoying thing about this game is I really want to LOVE it, it is very, very GOOD! So many tiny issues hold this back from being a top VN on F95, and I think it should be. The developer doesn't even have a Patreono_O and with the amount of work here and the level of love and detail in this VN he really deserves to make some revenue for all of his work. I for one would happily donate if he decided to remaster this with an updated engine, maybe some render tweaks and definitely some early story tweaks.

Maybe break up the story into 4 separate parts and remaster them one at a time? Create a Patreon and see what kind of response he gets? Maybe take an early section of the game and actually try migrating the story into the latest RPGM or RENPY engine. I see Michaelcross taking The Office Wife and completely transferring it into RENPY The Office Wife unofficial Renpy in a matter of a couple of weeks so I can't imagine it being as hard as the dev seems to think it will be.

I see the talent here and I like this game and I really feel there is enough here to get this up to 5 stars, however as it sits hampered by this engine version I can sadly only give it 3.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Artificial Sloth

Ejji

Nov 23, 2017
REVIEW...

In this VN's current state I would give it 3 Stars but I think the writing and renders really deserve 4-5 stars. I try to be as fair as possible to all developers as I know what a challenge and how much time it takes to actually create a new VN.

Story
This story starts off slow, not ridiculously so in my opinion but some will love it and some will hate it. I fall somewhere in the middle where I really wants a fast forward button in places. Once the story gets going though it is fantastic and even surprising in place. The writer has talent and it shows as the story progresses. The characters are unique, distinctive an memorable. The writer definitely takes this VN in directions even I would not have thought to take the MC Tweak some of the slowness at the start and this would be 5 stars as is for story I give it 4 stars.

Graphics/Renders/Art design
Art design is a personal choice and the art is here good but not spectacular. I have NOT tried the HD texture pack however, I try to keep the experience as true to original as possible. However I like it the way it is and there are enough animated renders to keep the game interesting. I have definitely seen better but I have also seen worse. 4 Stars.

Controls/Engine/Bugs
I am NOT a RPGM hater, some games work better in RPGM then RENPY and vice versa. If you are used to a new version of RPGM this is a difficult title initially to control. It feels clunky and it is until people point out the CTRL key and Readme files (Why is the readme file in the game folder and not on the same level as the games main folder?). Once you gain that knowledge it's much easier to maneuver in this world.

Bugs to an experienced user are fairly easy to work around but they still should not be there. You can get stuck inside a few bubbles until you use the arrow keys to free the MC and you can then use the mouse again. NPC's will disappear when talking to you (for example the park bench NPC when you walk by they will talk to you but are invisible). You will also get random runtime errors and the game will crash (Script Error line 106 RGSS Error Occurred failed to create bitmap amongst others), a simple restart fixes it however. 2 Stars when you first start the game, 3 stars after you know what's going on.

Conclusion
I like this game, I like this RPGM, I like the developer and that is the most annoying thing about this game is I really want to LOVE it, it is very, very GOOD! So many tiny issues hold this back from being a top VN on F95, and I think it should be. The developer doesn't even have a Patreono_O and with the amount of work here and the level of love and detail in this VN he really deserves to make some revenue for all of his work. I for one would happily donate if he decided to remaster this with an updated engine, maybe some render tweaks and definitely some early story tweaks.

Maybe break up the story into 4 separate parts and remaster them one at a time? Create a Patreon and see what kind of response he gets? Maybe take an early section of the game and actually try migrating the story into the latest RPGM or RENPY engine. I see Michaelcross taking The Office Wife and completely transferring it into RENPY The Office Wife unofficial Renpy in a matter of a couple of weeks so I can't imagine it being as hard as the dev seems to think it will be.

I see the talent here and I like this game and I really feel there is enough here to get this up to 5 stars, however as it sits hampered by this engine version I can sadly only give it 3.
No!! this game shouldn't be remastered or remade. I'm waiting for the completeness of THIS game. It is 7 years that it has been under development and it is still going on...
P .S . I wish May's college to have a pool, so here P.E. clases could be held there. One more reason for exposure. Or some swimming events at the beach....

Last edited:

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
No!! this game shouldn't be remastered or remade. I'm waiting for the completeness of THIS game. It is 7 years that it has been under development and it is still going on...
P .S . I wish May's college to have a pool, so here P.E. clases could be held there. One more reason for exposure. Or some swimming events at the beach....
I see you love the game and that's great so do I. I am questioning how much deeper the MMC's corruption can get? After 7 years this game has only 39 reviews and less than 250 pages on F95 at this time, which makes this a very niche game. The game dev really needs a Patreon/Subscribestar and from the amount and quality of content, this game could even be on Steam.

The Dev probably has some more ideas but realistically how much more corrupt can May get after 1 or 2 more updates? I would rather see him finish this game, remaster it in segments on an engine that more people will feel comfortable with which should increase it's discoverability on this site. Let the dev make some money off of what is clearly a passion project, and then hopefully he may even create another great game as he is clearly talented.

4.00 star(s) 39 Votes