lars221a

Aug 21, 2017
way too buggy at the moment. at least these two major bugs I found addition to ones listed here.

1) I cant start sleeping until 00.00 next day -> skips that day and wakes up at day after.(eg on monday you have to wait until tuesday 00.00 before sleep is active, and next thing is that time is wednesday 7.00.
2) on saturdays from 0700 to 0900 you are stuck in living room (only back arrow saves).

Ryantrix

Nov 21, 2018
Too buggy Time, first it showed can't sleep at this time from 21:00 to 3:00 then sleep option came, but when i wake up at 7:30 can't do anything, i tried enter and exit room up till 9:30, but it still showed everyone is asleep and can't go anywhere else, and when i select sleep again, time goes back to 7:30

Future!Phantom

"Someone else might get it wrong"
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
I am currently working on a bug fix update, and I am aware of the issues regarding certain actions being unavailable at certain times of day. I am currently presenting my discord server with several options, and am currently looking for feedback and suggestions on how to solve this issue.

is my primary means of communicating updates on the game, and as such is the primary way of contacting me directly.

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Changelog - 1.2.2 Hotfix
  • Removed passages that redirect player (These forced "goto" passages removed the player's ability to undo/go back
  • Reworked Sleep: After choosing to sleep, the player will wake up and, if it is a weekday, will only be given the option to attend Community Service. On the weekend, the option takes the player back to free-roam
  • Reworked all code regarding time of day
  • Fixed an issue with a broken link
- -

LVXS

Oct 25, 2017
still cant progress at all, everyone's asleep at 11:00 and i cant do anything after community service, and at community service i dont see anyone (maybe thats by design idk). can't figure out what i have to do, i think its still pretty buggy

lars221a

Aug 21, 2017
Still only every 2nd day is "playable" due a sleeping bug. Cannot go to sleep before 00.00 and then it skips whole day. So sleeping takes 31 hours.

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
So, when I'm running the game it goes through the intro, exiting into free-roam on Tuesday at 9pm, with everyone being asleep at 10pm and the option to sleep then appearing.

The way sleep should work is:
  • At 10pm characters will go to sleep
  • You can travel to the estate, but cannot enter characters homes
  • You can travel freely around the main characters house, but it will inform you that characters are asleep
  • The option to sleep becomes available in the MC's bedroom
  • Sleep is a linear process that leads you through a sleep passage, a wake up passage, community service (if it's a weekday), and then releases you into free-roam
During update 1.2.1 the entire second half of the intro was changed, as well as the code on each location passage, also adding new variables along the way, so the issue may be caused by loading a save from 0.1. In this instance, it may be worth replaying the game on a fresh save to see if the issue is resolved.

i'm still stuck at the screen where you can only sleep and the time reset to 7.30
Could you please provide a screenshot/ save file of the page that forces you to sleep, and the loop that the game appears to force you into.

still cant progress at all, everyone's asleep at 11:00 and i cant do anything after community service, and at community service i dont see anyone (maybe thats by design idk). can't figure out what i have to do, i think its still pretty buggy
Community Service should now go into a limited free-roam around the Community Centre at 12midday, giving you until 5pm to speak to the characters in the rooms they inhabit. After 5pm, since everybody has left, the game prompts you to travel to the estate or home. If people are not showing up during community service then that is another bug. Could you please provide a screenshot or save file so that I can look into these issues.

Still only every 2nd day is "playable" due a sleeping bug. Cannot go to sleep before 00.00 and then it skips whole day. So sleeping takes 31 hours.
Again, could you please provide a screenshot or save file so that I can look into this bug, as the game should no longer be forcing a day skip after midnight, and the option to sleep should become available at 10pm.

After this most recent hotfix, future updates won't be editing the existing code, only building on top of it, and as such save files should be able to carry across. But even though I don't want game-breaking bugs to be there, helping to identify and fix them allows the game to move to bigger updates more quickly.

Thank you,
Blue Phantom

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
It happened right away. I am using Hotfix_v1.2.2.html even it shows 1.2.1 as a version.
I downloaded your save and tested it across Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. First thing though, is that the save starts in the Community Centre on Thursday at 10am. Since in 1.2.2 you can't naturally be in the community centre at 10am, is it possible that the save you provided was before the hotfix? Also, whilst completing the hotfix, I forgot to update the version number in game, but the changelog indicates the update is active.

For testing your save I ran the following steps:
  • Used skip hour to progress past 5pm
  • Travelled to the estate and used skip hour to progress past 10pm
  • Travelled home, and checked to ensure the family was asleep and the sleep option was available
  • If sleep was available, I checked how much time it skipped
  • After that, I used the mirror to skip past midnight, and used the sleep button again.
In Chrome and Firefox, everything worked as normal. Between 10pm and midnight, time advanced to Friday 7:30, before running through the passages for sleep, wake-up and community service. After midnight, time also advanced to Friday 7:30.

In Microsoft Edge, I was presented with a warning that "Your browser either lacks or has disabled the Web Storage API, so this game is running in a degraded mode. You may be able to continue, however, some parts may not work properly." However, the sleep function still worked as before and skipped to Friday 7:30. Though I did notice that the sleep event image did not load in, which appears to be a problem with the browser.

Since I hadn't had any luck, I thought that perhaps due to the amount of testing I do in Chrome, that data was being stored in the history or cached by the browser, and so I deleted the browser history and all autofill and stored data. This test provided the same result as above.

Since I am unable to replicate the bug, I have provided a fresh 1.2.2. save file below that begins immediately after the end of the intro using your game choices. Please could you try this save on v1.2.2 to see if the bug persists.

Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (3).png

lars221a

Aug 21, 2017
I downloaded your save and tested it across Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. First thing though, is that the save starts in the Community Centre on Thursday at 10am. Since in 1.2.2 you can't naturally be in the community centre at 10am, is it possible that the save you provided was before the hotfix? Also, whilst completing the hotfix, I forgot to update the version number in game, but the changelog indicates the update is active.

For testing your save I ran the following steps:
  • Used skip hour to progress past 5pm
  • Travelled to the estate and used skip hour to progress past 10pm
  • Travelled home, and checked to ensure the family was asleep and the sleep option was available
  • If sleep was available, I checked how much time it skipped
  • After that, I used the mirror to skip past midnight, and used the sleep button again.
In Chrome and Firefox, everything worked as normal. Between 10pm and midnight, time advanced to Friday 7:30, before running through the passages for sleep, wake-up and community service. After midnight, time also advanced to Friday 7:30.

In Microsoft Edge, I was presented with a warning that "Your browser either lacks or has disabled the Web Storage API, so this game is running in a degraded mode. You may be able to continue, however, some parts may not work properly." However, the sleep function still worked as before and skipped to Friday 7:30. Though I did notice that the sleep event image did not load in, which appears to be a problem with the browser.

Since I hadn't had any luck, I thought that perhaps due to the amount of testing I do in Chrome, that data was being stored in the history or cached by the browser, and so I deleted the browser history and all autofill and stored data. This test provided the same result as above.

Since I am unable to replicate the bug, I have provided a fresh 1.2.2. save file below that begins immediately after the end of the intro using your game choices. Please could you try this save on v1.2.2 to see if the bug persists.

View attachment 746592
View attachment 746593
View attachment 746594
reloaded hotfix, loaded fresh save. Still "you cannot sleep at this time.. wierd..
Tested with windows 10 200710 firefox 78 and edge.

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
reloaded hotfix, loaded fresh save. Still "you cannot sleep at this time.. wierd..
Tested with windows 10 200710 firefox 78 and edge.
This is a strange bug. The few lines of code basically just check what time of day it is before showing the sleep link. Between 10pm and Midnight is sleep plus a day, after midnight and before 7am is sleep until 7:30. I tested the save on 1.2.2 before uploading it, so it is strange that you are still experiencing the bug. And it's stranger still because when I tested your save, the code appeared to work for me and I could sleep as usual.

I have changed the code for v1.2.2 ever so slightly to allow players to rest for an hour if sleep is unavailable. I know this doesn't fix the issue of sleep not appearing at the right time, but it should make the game more accessible until I can try and work out what is going wrong, and it also gives time for other players to either identify the same problem, or if people come forward saying that the problem isn't present on their device.

- -

Changelog - 1.2.3 Hotfix
  • Reworked Sleep Code: You can sleep between 10pm and 7am. If the option to sleep is unavailable, you will be prompted to rest for an hour.

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Notice (Copied from Discord):
People have been reporting issues with the sleep mechanic. Specifically, not being able to sleep when you're supposed to.
How sleep should work:
- At 10pm characters go to sleep, the option to sleep becomes available
- If you sleep before midnight, you will proceed to wake up at 7:30 the following morning (Sleep at 11pm on Thur, wake up at 7:30 on Fri)
- If you sleep after midnight, you will proceed to wake up at 7:30 the same day (Sleep at 1am on Fri, wake up at 7:30 on Fri)
- In Hotifix 1.2.3, if the option to sleep is not available, the option to rest now replaces the "you cannot sleep" message

I have had a few people report the sleep option not appearing at 10pm, or sleeping after midnight adds another day. If you are affected by this, or indeed if you experience bugs in the future, I rather need to know so that I am aware of the bug's extent.

If one or two people report something, but for everybody else it's fine, then the issue may be from an external source, but if everybody is experiencing the same issue, then something is going wrong at the base level.

lars221a

Aug 21, 2017
This is a strange bug. The few lines of code basically just check what time of day it is before showing the sleep link. Between 10pm and Midnight is sleep plus a day, after midnight and before 7am is sleep until 7:30. I tested the save on 1.2.2 before uploading it, so it is strange that you are still experiencing the bug. And it's stranger still because when I tested your save, the code appeared to work for me and I could sleep as usual.

I have changed the code for v1.2.2 ever so slightly to allow players to rest for an hour if sleep is unavailable. I know this doesn't fix the issue of sleep not appearing at the right time, but it should make the game more accessible until I can try and work out what is going wrong, and it also gives time for other players to either identify the same problem, or if people come forward saying that the problem isn't present on their device.

Mega - GDRIVE -

Changelog - 1.2.3 Hotfix
  • Reworked Sleep Code: You can sleep between 10pm and 7am. If the option to sleep is unavailable, you will be prompted to rest for an hour.
There is something really wierd going on. Cleared all cache loaded hotfix 1.2.3 and started new game. Still sleep bug happens to me.
1595824995717.png

Petite Jolie

Mar 23, 2020
I'm having an issue with the game. After 18:00, everybody goes to sleep, yes? And can't find much to do during weekday. Talked to everyone, not getting new dialogs anywhere. I get expelled from the Comunity Service at around 2PM and can only go to Estate or Home, where there is nothing to do.
Please, help!

S3pnDHbf

May 8, 2018
Terrible user experience.
1. I wake up and I have to click around in my room to wait. It's pointless. I can't do anything outside my room till 8:00
2. Saturday was boring and annoying. I couldn't do anything meaningful, just click wait, scroll down and click wait, scroll down......
3. Got address from Alessa, but the code is broken at her place. Error: cannot find a closing tag for macro <<link>>
4. Few times I got stuck outside my room and I had to use back option.
5. I have to wait till 23 to go to sleep? So maybe you should keep me entertained till this time.
6. I have to click the room, then the person, then talk. Do you have anywhere more than 1 person in a room? Because it's too much clicking to go in and out.
7. Saturday 7:30 - I click go to sleep hoping I'll be able to skip this pointless day but nothing happens. I go out of my room and there's no active button to click and I'm stuck. Later that day I spam clicking wait an hour and at 23:50 I can't go to my room. I go backward one step, it's 22:55 and I can go to my bedroom but I can't sleep. It's incredibly annoying!
8. Please remove small picture of the room. There's already background and you only make us scroll down to click anything.

I usually don't comment games. But this has potential but is really annoying to play.

4.40 star(s) 16 Votes