Future!Phantom

"Someone else might get it wrong"
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm afraid I'm still experiencing the error (I hope it's even the same you guys had) with the story of Megan.
I've posted the message I'm constantly getting below in the spoiler section.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've already tried using the Hotfix someone provided, starting a new game, emptying the browser cache, all the usual things.
I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks.
For this particular error, starting a new game, emptying the browser cache, etc, wouldn't fix the issue. The source of the error was a typo in the code leading to a repeat error message when clicking the link.

The third party HotFix fixes the error at source, and should have worked for you. A BugFix is being released sometime this week, and will also fix the issue at source, so perhaps that may work better for you. Just be aware that the current official HotFix has not yet fixed this error.

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Is there going to be an update where we can do something with the aunt and cousin?
Cory and Haley will be getting updates as part of Chapter 2. The character focused updates are decided by poll. The next character update will be Update v2.8.1, and a poll to decide the focus will likely coincide with the next update Update v2.7.1 - The House Update

realfoodman

Feb 6, 2020
whats MQ001-101.webp cause thats one of the things thats not loading in....idk whats causing it but way too many images arent loading

Last edited:

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
whats MQ001-101.webp cause thats one of the things thats not loading in....idk whats causing it but way too many images arent loading
The resource files are given unique names for the game code to identify them. If you can provide a screenshot (prefereably with some other text on the page) then I'll be able to see more about why the image isn't loading.

If there are more images not loading however, this indicates you may not have all the resource files. The answers to the following questions would give me some idea of the origin of the issue.
Are any images loading at all?
Are you playing online or offline?
Which download do you have? (Full or Update only)
Have you downloaded the game in the past?
Which browser are you using?
Are you using the HotFix? (HotFix wouldn't fix the issue, but gives me some indication of which exact file you have)

Aug 16, 2020
On the character list, Melanie appears as 'Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read property 'hasMet' of undefined'
Get Errors at Alex B's place, I assume they're also related to Melanie.
Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read property 'location' of undefined
Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read property 'location' of undefined

Also, can't progress in A Mother's Love quest because of the errors.

Edit: Looks like loading a much earlier save (at the start of the Just Keep Swimming quest) and playing through again fixes it.

Last edited:

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
On the character list, Melanie appears as 'Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read property 'hasMet' of undefined'
Get Errors at Alex B's place, I assume they're also related to Melanie.

Also, can't progress in A Mother's Love quest because of the errors.

Edit: Looks like loading a much earlier save (at the start of the Just Keep Swimming quest) and playing through again fixes it.
Are you using the HotFix Patch file? There was an issue with the initial release where existing saves wouldn't update properly, leading to errors like the one you've mentioned. The HotFix was released to fix this issue.

If you are using the HotFix, then I'm not sure what would be causing the errors, and can only speculate as to why the game fixes itself when a save prior to the "Just Keep Swimming" Quest is loaded.

Aug 16, 2020
Are you using the HotFix Patch file? There was an issue with the initial release where existing saves wouldn't update properly, leading to errors like the one you've mentioned. The HotFix was released to fix this issue.

If you are using the HotFix, then I'm not sure what would be causing the errors, and can only speculate as to why the game fixes itself when a save prior to the "Just Keep Swimming" Quest is loaded.
Yeah, I am using the hotfix patch. Using the default one had even more errors. Hotfix just had ones around Melanie and the game logo on the side bar.

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Yeah, I am using the hotfix patch. Using the default one had even more errors. Hotfix just had ones around Melanie and the game logo on the side bar.
If you still have the initial save file with the errors then I'd be interested in taking a deeper look to try and work out exactly what was going wrong with your save.

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Community Service [BugFix Patch v2.6.2] [Blue Phantom]
Changelog:
Saves created from v2.1.1 onwards will be automatically updated to the latest version upon loading in.

Downloads (4.3 MB):
- -

Last edited:

jerocho

Mar 18, 2019
hi, i'm stuck with an error on the quest *get help* from megan's. after the options, the continu button doesn't work and u can't progress any further. i finished every quest possible except that one since it blocked there..

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
hi, i'm stuck with an error on the quest *get help* from megan's. after the options, the continu button doesn't work and u can't progress any further. i finished every quest possible except that one since it blocked there..
Download the latest BugFix Patch from OP or the post above yours. The Patch fixes this issue.

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Is there any chance of getting the online version link updated? It's still on version 1.3.2
itch.io have certain limits for creators when uploading games for online play. Games must be under 500mb and contain less than 1000 individual files. Community Service is currently 1.35 GB (532 MB Compressed) and contains just under 2000 individual files. Updating itch.io with a new online version has not been possible for some time now, with the only other viable option creating a custom itch.io version, which would be more of a demo than the full game. Other sites like Gamcore usually pick the update up a couple of days after a new release, but they don't often update with the BugFix patches.

Hosting our own dedicated online version of the full game is currently the next goal on our (the goal isn't very far off, but hasn't yet been reached).

Reactions: Leon_Arkwing

WhY NoT?!

Sep 2, 2019
The photo of the warehouse is not loading. Also if you can add it(somewhere above Quest Tracker), be good to have a volume control bar for the videos that have sound.
And just as a thought, not many know the UK dialect and I saw you used a few words.

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
The photo of the warehouse is not loading. Also if you can add it(somewhere above Quest Tracker), be good to have a volume control bar for the videos that have sound.
And just as a thought, not many know the UK dialect and I saw you used a few words.
I'll take a look at the Warehouse photo and see what's going wrong. Are you using the compressed version? (There have been some image related issues to it in the past)

In terms of volume, whilst the concept seems simple, I am not a programmer, and would need to look into how it could be done before it's implemented.

Misfits is a UK show, and I am based in the UK. I've tried to avoid certain obvious UK dialect words (using Mom instead of Mum) but for the most part I won't realise at times what parts are more UK than US. (Also, part of me wants to fully embrace the UK heritage of the show, meaning even more UK dialect words)

Reactions: Vicissitudo

WhY NoT?!

Sep 2, 2019
It's your game mate, your ideas and you must run it as you see fit and like it. It was just my own though and not a request or anything. I have nothing against it, I think it can fun and funny in some context.

I've found something else that you need to look at, In the weekends when Alex B comes to your bedroom and you choose ( [ ♥ ] How about you and I waste some time together? ) after continue, it spawn you at her house not in your bedroom.

I'll take a look at the Warehouse photo and see what's going wrong. Are you using the compressed version? (There have been some image related issues to it in the past)

In terms of volume, whilst the concept seems simple, I am not a programmer, and would need to look into how it could be done before it's implemented.

Misfits is a UK show, and I am based in the UK. I've tried to avoid certain obvious UK dialect words (using Mom instead of Mum) but for the most part I won't realise at times what parts are more UK than US. (Also, part of me wants to fully embrace the UK heritage of the show, meaning even more UK dialect words)

WhY NoT?!

Sep 2, 2019
Another wrong spawn after an event. This time after the event, [ Event ] At home with Lauren, I get spawned in Wertham Town Center instead of her house.

Future!Phantom

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Update v2.7.1 - The House Update Release Schedule
This update will add new Main Quests for Alli, Carolina, and Lexi, focusing on the MC's interaction with them after his experiences with his visions. Additionally, this update will add new free-roam events, to try and add content for each location that these characters appear in.

Due to the delays from the previous update, and the time allotted to work on the update, the next version won't be releasing in September, and instead will start to rollout at the very start of October. This has been done not only to give me enough time to work on the update, but also to repair the release schedule, as I prefer releases at the beginning at the month rather than at the end.

This is the current release schedule for the next update. This schedule is subject to change depending on future events.
Friday 1st October - (v2.7.0) - Phantom Tier Early Access
Sunday 3rd October - (v2.7.0) - Sponsor Tier Early Access
Tuesday 5th October - (v2.7.0) - Supporter Tier Early Access
Friday 8th October - (v2.7.1) - Discord Release
Saturday 9th October - (v2.7.1) - Public Release​

Versions released before the Discord Release are considered Test Versions of the update, the majority of the content will be complete but it may be more prone to bugs/errors/typos. Early Access to Test Versions are rewards for our Patrons on our .

Thank you all,
Blue Phantom

4.40 star(s) 16 Votes