HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
He probably was. He just got separated from her before that could really be seen. Companions have too short of an effective life span to actually test their natural one. Only ones who make it to old age are the ones who never fully awaken their connection and there's no logical reason to expect them to benefit from any potential longevity increase. Nael never cared enough about humans to take a companion before Gab so Amy and MC are the first chance to really test that thought. Sam would quite likely have no way of definitively knowing those limits.

Sam also doesn't seem to appreciate the actual limits of Nael's power yet. She's managed to bypass his restrictions quite a few times and also managed to hide her godhood from him until Gab made her snitch herself out. She's still interfering with the world even now which seemed to be against Sam's rules for her.
nope, Gab was not immortal.
and Sam did know. he confronted Nael after she revealed her godhood. Sam is implied to be a god that rules over life, he would know. he said that Nael could prolong Gab's life for a long while but eventually he would die. and no, Nael cannot interfere directly anymore, except for the portal. it might have been allowed so she could still see Gab and avoid her being frustrated and upset too quickly. though, Gab dies killed by Dia's companion, Nael destroys the universe. so "not allowed to interfere" might be just because the other gods would punish her or something like that.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
nope, Gab was not immortal.
and Sam did know. he confronted Nael after she revealed her godhood. Sam is implied to be a god that rules over life, he would know. he said that Nael could prolong Gab's life for a long while but eventually he would die. and no, Nael cannot interfere directly anymore, except for the portal. it might have been allowed so she could still see Gab and avoid her being frustrated and upset too quickly. though, Gab dies killed by Dia's companion, Nael destroys the universe. so "not allowed to interfere" might be just because the other gods would punish her or something like that.
Summoning the other primordials and giving them instructions is interfering, having a portal to Earth is interfering, Blowing the MC's head up is interfering.
We don't know the former status of Gab's mortality. You're taking Sam at his word when he's obviously underestimated Nael at least once.

Reactions: PaulPanzer83

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

1722520900846.png

Hello everyone!

I wanted to give you a quick update on the development process. I'm currently working on the final stages, and I'm happy to report that Chapter 9 is over 92% complete. It's turning out to be quite substantial, with a size about 50% larger than Chapter 7, which I find impressive.

I’ve noticed some issues arise when the game is modified, and unfortunately, I'm unable to provide support for modded versions. There have been instances where Chapter 8.5 doesn't work correctly, decisions from previous chapters aren't carried over, or players encounter dead ends in Chapter 4. These problems have all occurred in modified versions of the game.

That said, I think it’s great that people are interested enough in my game to create mods. I'm happy to see such enthusiasm and want to emphasize that I don't intend to dictate how anyone should play. Companion of Darkness is designed for you to relax and enjoy. If modding, cheating, or using a walkthrough enhances your experience, then, by all means, go for it!

However, if you encounter issues while using mods, my best advice is to delete everything, including save states, and start a clean playthrough. Unfortunately, I can only provide support for the original, unmodified version of the game.

Thank you for your support and understanding!

PS: How do you like this render? I think it's cool!

4.30 star(s) 99 Votes