[Son Goku]

Nov 4, 2019
Is it worth playing now or should I wait a little longer? The game looks really interesting, what do you recommend I do?

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Is it worth playing now or should I wait a little longer? The game looks really interesting, what do you recommend I do?
Yes it is. Regarding's MC journey, you could consider the latest update as a tipping point, like the formal ending of his "second arc". So far we've seen MC's personal struggles mostly. Now the plot thickens because MC is finally "complete" in a sense and it's his turn to start affecting the world.

I obviously don't want to spoil to much and this interpretation is just my opinion.

Content wise, it's more than you'd expect from a VN that is a bit more than a year old, though due to some weird progression, some earlier scenes/characters aren't given proper attention and they feel like filler. But this is more of a nit pick.

resgar

Mar 15, 2020
Yes. Definetly. I must admit that at first i actually dropped it. Right after downloading and watched couple scenes. Due to subpar graphics, weak language, grammar and, lets be honest, generic plot start. But after a month i was quite bored, sitting in my chair and dont wanted to delete already started game. And i restarted. And at some moment i got caught up. Right from 1 chapter. Now im in love. Unironically. While mentioned above flaws still there, a dinamic of story, idea, and overall scenario is really catching and entertaining. Better than many RenPy/HS games presented here. And dev keeps schedule, and keeps story in priority. That is quite remarkable.

So, yes. Definitely try. At least to end 1st chapter. That was moment that if fell in love with this game. It keeps deliver.

At the moment there are complete 2 arcs of story and just started 3rd. So there are plenty of content.

Last edited:

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
I still think probability still leans towards Nael destroying the universe if Gab died, but I also think that with Noel being reunited with MC that does change the balance of her decision. Her sister being feral with no guarantee of being saved and her beloved being killed meant she had nothing left in the world. Noel being safe and happy significantly changes that.
Thinking about this made me realize something else though. Nael never cured Noel's feral state, at least not that we saw. Noel also keeps telling MC she loves him, and was able to (kinda) kill him when they met. It seems like Noel isn't bound to the pact anymore. That really changes the earlier discussions about MC's combat power if Noel would be allowed to directly assist him in combat now.
Noel being feral is not a catastrophe though. she just loses herself (she didn't thanks to her previous connection to MC), and wander around killing people. only primordials and their companions stand a chance against her in feral state. and if she gets defeated and drained of her energy, she is only too weak to appear for a few years which is nothing to a dark one. Nael is just overprotective of her sister, because even if Noel disappeared, she could just summon her and bring her back like she did for Tessah for the primordial meeting. Which makes me wonder why she didn't summon feral Noel to restore her. does the summon require conscious consent from the summoned ?
You make a really good point about Noel not being cured from her feral state the normal ways. Thanks !
I didn't think about it at all. she was restored the same way Eda was. though she didn't get the "pardon" part, but it might not be an actual requirement for the Pact. so yes, I think you're right, Noel should be able to harm humans now and directly join MC in his fights against companions. He could stand a chance against Zero with her then. Though she could already attack their dark ones for MC like she already did before.

But now you're basically trying to twist my words with the intent to to start an argument for the sake of it (as you have been trying for couple of posts now).
It feels pointless to engage with you any further, hence I guess the only course of action is putting you on the ignore list lol.
LOL. you got caught twisting words twice, and now you try to flip it over one me ? :ROFLMAO:
sure, pull out the ignore list if you can't handle people calling you out.

the game has an original and engaging story, and we reached the end of the current arc. it's definitely a good point to dive in.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Noel being feral is not a catastrophe though. she just loses herself (she didn't thanks to her previous connection to MC), and wander around killing people. only primordials and their companions stand a chance against her in feral state. and if she gets defeated and drained of her energy, she is only too weak to appear for a few years which is nothing to a dark one. Nael is just overprotective of her sister, because even if Noel disappeared, she could just summon her and bring her back like she did for Tessah for the primordial meeting. Which makes me wonder why she didn't summon feral Noel to restore her. does the summon require conscious consent from the summoned ?
The catastrophe wasn't Noel being feral, but that in her feral state she could've walked herself straight into the ocean trying to get back to America where no one could've found her. Nael would've been the only one who could've reasonably tracked and followed her from there but she couldn't even come back to Earth. So unless MC got to her, or another companion and dark one somehow took her out she was pretty well gonna be fucked.
I suspect that if she was capable of summoning the fully feral Noel then she would have instead of taking a big gamble on the deal with the MC. Probably is a call and receive thing and not just a forceable summon. Just what sane dark one would refuse Nael's summon under any normal circumstance.
You make a really good point about Noel not being cured from her feral state the normal ways. Thanks !
I didn't think about it at all. she was restored the same way Eda was. though she didn't get the "pardon" part, but it might not be an actual requirement for the Pact. so yes, I think you're right, Noel should be able to harm humans now and directly join MC in his fights against companions. He could stand a chance against Zero with her then. Though she could already attack their dark ones for MC like she already did before.
Ya but Noel is also one of the weakest of the primordials, only ahead of Amy and probably Ren for combat strength. Going by Zero's strength and the fact that he's been taking out companions left and right in Canada to absord their dark ones I suspect her attacking Dea would be a big mistake. For that matter attacking Zero could be too for the same reason but it'd make a great ace in the hole for that fight. If MC's in a bad spot and Zero drops his guard, or if MC makes a sizable opening on Zero then Noel could potentially end it in an instant.

Reactions: HiP1

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
The catastrophe wasn't Noel being feral, but that in her feral state she could've walked herself straight into the ocean trying to get back to America where no one could've found her. Nael would've been the only one who could've reasonably tracked and followed her from there but she couldn't even come back to Earth. So unless MC got to her, or another companion and dark one somehow took her out she was pretty well gonna be fucked.
I suspect that if she was capable of summoning the fully feral Noel then she would have instead of taking a big gamble on the deal with the MC. Probably is a call and receive thing and not just a forceable summon. Just what sane dark one would refuse Nael's summon under any normal circumstance.
I meant her being feral and lost is not nearly as bad a catastrophe as Gab dying from Nael POV.
even if Noel walked into the ocean, then she would have just emerged later on the opposite coast in a straight line, unless MC constantly moves between US and EU :D
Nael can't track Noel, that's why Sam had to tell her where Noel was, and that's why Nael needed MC, someone as motivated as her in finding her sister even if they have no clue.
When it becomes a known fact that Nael cannot go back to Earth and can't affect it directly, maybe some dark ones will begin to refuse her summons :D

Ya but Noel is also one of the weakest of the primordials, only ahead of Amy and probably Ren for combat strength. Going by Zero's strength and the fact that he's been taking out companions left and right in Canada to absord their dark ones I suspect her attacking Dea would be a big mistake. For that matter attacking Zero could be too for the same reason but it'd make a great ace in the hole for that fight. If MC's in a bad spot and Zero drops his guard, or if MC makes a sizable opening on Zero then Noel could potentially end it in an instant.
Noel is weaker, but not that weak. she lacks peak power and big burst damage. but she makes up for it in versatility, creativity and flexibility. Arsael is above Noel in power, but it's just because she is specialized in a single thing, in everything else she is weaker and worse than Noel. Arsel is basically Megumin :D EXPLOOOOOOSION! and nothing else. We don't know if Dia is a bit like Arsael, too specialized, and too focused to get power just to pass Tessah's ranking. she could have glaring issues and weaknesses because of her obsession. And power does not decide a fight. for example Amy is much weaker than the others, but they might not be able to kill her. if Amy can't lose, then Noel can just chip on the enemy bit by bit until they are defeated. MC could also combine the power of Amy and Cia into Noel to get a significant boost in damage.

it was said that no human can go against a dark one 1v1, Gab with Nael might be an exception as he soloed Arsael, but Zero was not. Noel might be able to take on Zero alone. but given her powers, MC could just tank Zero with Amy's regen, and Noel can just use pyrokinesis and telekinesis from a distance. Zero wouldn't be able to catch her. and even if he did, Amy would just regen her back. the ace up Zero's sleeve would be he can damage the soul, so maybe his damage would affect all 4 of them at the same time making Amy work 4 times as much and waste tons of energy.

Reactions: Mommysbuttslut

resgar

Mar 15, 2020
Guys. A little penny about current MC.

Gab's armor set, enchanted by Nael.
Ren's sword, reforged by Noel, which can harm Darkones tru Companion (Actually would be interesting how Ren react. And what effect it will be after reforging. Ren is giving her swords only to women, and was never bound to man, as far as we know.)
Amy's healing, obviously Primordial level, enabling her Companion capability to sustain enraged feral primordial one shot.
Ciarara's boost to perception and learning combat skills, right in action.
Eda's training, and our own experience against OP opponents.
Noel's full skillset, including ranged abilities, telekinesis, levitation and enhancement.
Also, it would not surprised me, if we can reactivate Nael's web of traps in Frankwood, and arrange fight there again. Or, even better, learn to set up more.

Sure, MC will not turn Sun off, but i think still capable to show thing or two to Zero. Much more than inexperienced Emma. I remind you, that she never had to actually learn to fight. Since she get op power boost right after awakening and just do slapping around explosions by bare hand. It was enough for her. Until she met Zero. And Zero noted it in their encounter.

It hadn't even occurred to her to meet him in the open field. Where there are fewer supports for jumps. Or, at least, gain altitude in battle. No, she hadn't figured it out even after losing her arm. She continued to slapping around from the spot, with pure force. without a drop of thought. Everything you need to know about her fighting strength. Pure power, nothing else. Thou i do like her as character.

Last edited:

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Guys. A little penny about current MC.

Gab's armor set, enchanted by Nael.
Ren's sword, reforged by Noel, which can harm Darkones tru Companion (Actually would be interesting how Ren react. And what effect it will be after reforging. Ren is giving her swords only to women, and was never bound to man, as far as we know.)
Amy's healing, obviously Primordial level, enabling her Companion capability to sustain enraged feral primordial one shot.
Ciarara's boost to perception and learning combat skills, right in action.
Eda's training, and our own experience against OP opponents.
Noel's full skillset, including ranged abilities, telekinesis, levitation and enhancement.
Also, it would not surprised me, if we can reactivate Nael's web of traps in Frankwood, and arrange fight there again. Or, even better, learn to set up more.

Sure, MC will not turn Sun off, but i think still capable to show thing or two to Zero. Much more than inexperienced Emma. I remind you, that she never had to actually learn to fight. Since she get op power boost right after awakening and just do slapping around explosions by bare hand. It was enough for her. Until she met Zero. And Zero noted it in their encounter.

It hadn't even occurred to her to meet him in the open field. Where there are fewer supports for jumps. Or, at least, gain altitude in battle. No, she hadn't figured it out even after losing her arm. She continued to slapping around from the spot, with pure force. without a drop of thought. Everything you need to know about her fighting strength. Pure power, nothing else. Thou i do like her as character.

And an important detail, MC still hasn't learned to master Cia's power. if he did, he could read the thoughts of his opponent, and Cia said even space and time wouldn't escape his gaze. and Zero's abilities seem to all be related to time... :D

Pure power should usually be enough. We saw that with Az. and Emma was only supposed to be a deterrent at first. and all companions and dark ones except for primordials pretty much have no chance against that. but the main issue is Arsael being so specialized that skilled enemies can make her power irrelevant, she's a literal one trick poney. :D and Emma being unskilled and inexperienced makes it even worse.
Amy and Cia are also one trick poneys, but MC is actually skilled and experienced, he compensates for them.:)

resgar

Mar 15, 2020
About 1-trick pony's

I do not agree that Arsael is 1-trick pony.

I think it is more about need and imagination of current Companion. Arsael actually has her own sword (Scene at start). And enhancement too. It is more option in combat and potential to parry melee attacks. Parry is skill that need to be learned. Also Arsael can hover in open sky, that alone gives more 3d mobility potential to her Companion than Dia. More space for dodge and counterstrikes. They are skills to Companion learn too, Arsaels responsible only in speed and power there. And Arsael has plenty combat experience of all kinds, and can assist in training. As Eda did to MC. Yes, Arsa has only basic regeneration and can't properly heal or shield in combat. But, i'm sure, she can set explosive mines (she did set at least one in HighOrder truck, if you remember), firebelts (webs of mines), firewalls, rains of fire (series of explosions in exact order and places). All sorts of things to set ablaze everything around in continuum. Zero said as much, i think. So, no, Arsael's Companion can smoke even skilled opponents. She is 4th Primordial. Just her Companion need to more proper training, experience and learn about Arsael's capabilities. Zero was disappointed exactly for that reason. Emma did not used even drop of Arsael's true potential. Overpowered slapping around from spot, staying still whole time, it is kinda meh. Not really Arsael, not really fight.

Yes, i do love Arsael, and want her to more shine. I want Emma to accept Arsael truly. I want properly trained and experienced Emma challenged in decent combat. Heh, we ll see.

Amy seems to can transfer her healing to others, to certain extent, so i guess, it will be actually Amy who heals Emma. And also, i guess, at some point, she will capable to regenerate instantly or mb even grow doubles bodies on the spot from separated parts. Need to learn how her transfer and bond works more too. Only guesses here. She is just newborn Darkone, at the moment, i'm sure dev shows us more in future.

As for Cia, (1) perception surroundings, (2)learning enhancement and (3)mind reading it is obviously not 1 trick, and that is pretty big. She is A rank. So its enough for her. She is fine. Good and enough for A rank.

yup88888

Sep 2, 2021
I'm patiently waiting for the Mac version of Chapter 9....
You can....
just download the renpy dmg like from there:

and just put the files in a folder then open your Mac console and write:

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine *

Once you do that you can put any renpy game from windows inside your renpy folder, execute renpy there will be a list of games in the renpy folder choose the one that you want to play and "ta-daaaaa" you can just play any renpy game from your Mac , as I do

Redd23

Mar 11, 2018
Damn I didn't expect it'll turn out to be this good in terms of the plot, gotta make some room on the patreon list - great job dev!
A question though, since probably it was asked in the past - did dev ever said how many chapters are planned?

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
I'm patiently waiting for the Mac version of Chapter 9....
You have a link in the OP to where you can find the MAC version. It propose you to pay, but only if you want. Can download it for free.

4.30 star(s) 114 Votes