VN Ren'Py Abandoned Competing Bodies [v0.2a] [Baby Cowboy]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Baby Cowboy

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Version 0.2 has arrived! Chapter 1 is now complete. Three new parts have been added and part 1 and 2 have been reworked. Chapter 1 is an introduction to the characters. The next update will make the game feel more interactive... Please provide feedback. Thank you

Reactions: tazaaron

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
Rework is defiantly an improvement from before , english is good,flows alot better, not a fan of the clicking on a single choice to move the story forward especially at the end with the attempted blow job. Models are different which is a good thing, including some gilfs. Your younger characters look a little old which is a first in any game ive seen and your old people look old which is good.

Good start to your game, will keep an eye on it

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I thought there was only suppose to be one protagonist?

Stephanie looks like she's 40+ years old but then so does I hit the ugly tree and ugly ass demon none of them look like college students at all also those are Chases and Blazes new names in my game and Mr Wang/Chen is now Mr. Wrinkles. Vionna and Tifa are the only ones that don't look like they're 40+ years old.

There are no choices other then a few fake choices that are there just to make you think there are but once you click them they spew something about having no clue why that option was even there for.

First thing I did was go on a paint blotting spree.

I'll be spamming right past the black dudes stuff in the future 100% I will not be interested at all.

Mr. Wrinkles will also be ignored 100% I replaced 12 of Mr. Wrinkles pictures with a blacked out picture because EEEWWW.

Only one I'm interested in is Tifa and maybe Geovanna. Maybe Tifa and Geovanna will have a lesbian scene together as I think that would be hot as fuck.

There was one traceback error with wanglizebjq not being defined.

Baby Cowboy

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Rework is defiantly an improvement from before , english is good,flows alot better, not a fan of the clicking on a single choice to move the story forward especially at the end with the attempted blow job. Models are different which is a good thing, including some gilfs. Your younger characters look a little old which is a first in any game ive seen and your old people look old which is good.

Good start to your game, will keep an eye on it
Thank you. I can understand how the one choice menus can be annoying. I'll try to come up with a better way of doing it. I think Stephanie needs a slight redesign. :)

Last edited:

Baby Cowboy

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I thought there was only suppose to be one protagonist?

Stephanie looks like she's 40+ years old but then so does I hit the ugly tree and ugly ass demon none of them look like college students at all also those are Chases and Blazes new names in my game and Mr Wang/Chen is now Mr. Wrinkles. Vionna and Tifa are the only ones that don't look like they're 40+ years old.

There are no choices other then a few fake choices that are there just to make you think there are but once you click them they spew something about having no clue why that option was even there for.

First thing I did was go on a paint blotting spree.

I'll be spamming right past the black dudes stuff in the future 100% I will not be interested at all.

Mr. Wrinkles will also be ignored 100% I replaced 12 of Mr. Wrinkles pictures with a blacked out picture because EEEWWW.

Only one I'm interested in is Tifa and maybe Geovanna. Maybe Tifa and Geovanna will have a lesbian scene together as I think that would be hot as fuck.

There was one traceback error with wanglizebjq not being defined.
I'll get to that error soon. I agree with Stephanie looking too old. I'll fix that too. Geovanna/Tifa lesbian scene does sound like a good idea.

In the next update the structure will be different and there will be one main protagonist.

Reactions: myuhinny

zephrates

May 12, 2017
I haven't tried the game yet, just looked at the screen shots. In the second screen shot, I was seriously trying to figure out which one was the protagonist's father, then realized they're both supposed to be of an age when they'd be competing in an academic competition. They both look at least a decade older than I would have expected. Hopefully, the "strange woman" from the fourth screen shot doesn't show up much, but the fact that she's in two screen shots does not bode well.
I will probably try it for Tifa, a unique and attractive character, in my opinion.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I'm making changes to the game. Chase is the main protagonist. He was always supposed to be the MC but by saying four male protagonists I mistakenly made it seem like their viewpoints feature equally in terms of story time.
And yet the first sexual scene was a vomit one with the old man, who had more screen time so far than Chase, and like 3-4 more possible conquest judged by the choices. Not sure you're on the right track to make it seem who's the main protag and who's not.

zephrates

May 12, 2017
I haven't tried the game yet, just looked at the screen shots. In the second screen shot, I was seriously trying to figure out which one was the protagonist's father, then realized they're both supposed to be of an age when they'd be competing in an academic competition. They both look at least a decade older than I would have expected. Hopefully, the "strange woman" from the fourth screen shot doesn't show up much, but the fact that she's in two screen shots does not bode well.
I will probably try it for Tifa, a unique and attractive character, in my opinion.
Okay, I tried what there is to this point.
Pros: Tifa is cute as hell.
Cons: Chase, Blaze, and Steph all took way too old to be in high school. Like they should have kids in high school, not be there themselves. Vomit? Enough said there. As bad as that was, the store clerk (I forget his name) imagining plowing Susan, and Blaze checking out the old lady in his camping story were even more stomach turning.
In short, good luck with your game, Baby Cowboy, but I don't think I'm your target audience.

Reactions: Moisan4

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
id figure id try it so to i can decide whether or not i was too harsh on this game based on multiple protag alone....i wasnt. when i got to the old dude i just skipped that shit. and on top of that you cant even avoid the sex/oral scene. choices seems fake pretty often. all in all this game ain't for me. multiple protag games are hard as is even worse if some of the characters r ugly as sin.(old guy). the main problem(aside from multiple protags) was really the choices. i mean give me some choices to fuck up chances for a sex scene so i only get to see the ones i want. bad enough you cant change the "main protag" name .but yeah this game aint for me. good luck to you dev either way.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Here are my thoughts on 0.2, and a followup of my 0.1 thoughts. Here is some constructive criticism.

The bad:

-All of the stuff I said was wrong with 0.1 remains as I can tell.
-Often times black screens happen sometimes multiple times in the middle of a scene. It's one thing if it's part of a transition going from one scene to the next, or if the character is closing their eyes or goes to sleep or something, but it's not just for that kind of stuff it's like: image, black, image, black, image, black... This is the wrong transition to use.
-Not the biggest fan of the supposed "Milfs' in this game. Don't get me wrong, I love Milfs! These aint milfs though... Maybe these women were Milfs 30 years ago... Maybe their grandchildren are Milfs? These wrinkly fat old women are like women I would expect to meet at a nursing home. If she is fat, old, and wrinkly is she really a "Milf"?
-The girl barfs after sucking your wrinkly old dick, and it's not avoidable.
-Absolutely Meaningless choices throughout. "Look closer at a picture? yes/no" "You can't pick that choice you are a good boy not a bad boy, pick the other choice" "next / single choice" and "dialogue list (all choices are picked one after the other to continue)", "Maybe a single line of dialogue changes" are all used, and are the vast majority of choices in the current build. The ONLY choice that I found in the entire game that is meaningful out of a sea of many many many many choices that mean NOTHING is whether or not to smoke a cigarette with Liza outside as the old asian dude or to just skip that and go for the blowjob right now. If you skip the cigarette and go for the blowjob you are restricted from looking at Liza's ass for some reason and they even made a little "restricted due to previous choices" image... So if you don't smoke she won't let you look at her butt, but will still blow you?
-It jumps around from character to character to character far too much from one short scene.
-In spite of many choices, it feels like a kinetic novel and is completely linear. You have no ability to "shape and mold" any of the characters or dialogue in any meaningful way thus far.
-There is no clear overarching story or objective. We are like 5 parts in to the story now, and it's still like what the fuck am I supposed to do?
-The different story parts don't connect or don't connect well. They all stand alone parts that haven't connected to each other much yet, and often time scenes are WAY to short to be meaningful. The fact you jump characters, locations, and times so much gets the player thinking "How is this supposed to be connected?" and you bust out your "A beautiful mind" room trying to draw all these connections that don't exist... It is rather maddening.
-A complete lack of build up and explanations of relationships and how wang is getting a blowie joey from Liza. Although cute, she is just some thot and can't care about her as she has no buildup.
-Sexual content both came too easy and soon, and yet there is not enough sex in the game... Hard to nail both of these in a single game, but you did it!

The good:

-The characters sprites blink which is a nice touch, I like that small detail well done. I love that!
-The younger female models are pretty nicely made, and all the characters seem original. Can't complain there!
-Doesn't seem to have any bugs

Good luck with your game.

Reactions: HansDampf788

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
yihman1

Yeah the milf should be removed and replaced with gilf as there are no milfs that I saw just old wrinkly ladies. Stephanie who looks like she's 40+ is going to be getting a make over to make her look like the college student she's suppose to be.

Reactions: yihman1

Baby Cowboy

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Here are my thoughts on 0.2, and a followup of my 0.1 thoughts. Here is some constructive criticism.

The bad:

-All of the stuff I said was wrong with 0.1 remains as I can tell.
-Often times black screens happen sometimes multiple times in the middle of a scene. It's one thing if it's part of a transition going from one scene to the next, or if the character is closing their eyes or goes to sleep or something, but it's not just for that kind of stuff it's like: image, black, image, black, image, black... This is the wrong transition to use.
-Not the biggest fan of the supposed "Milfs' in this game. Don't get me wrong, I love Milfs! These aint milfs though... Maybe these women were Milfs 30 years ago... Maybe their grandchildren are Milfs? These wrinkly fat old women are like women I would expect to meet at a nursing home. If she is fat, old, and wrinkly is she really a "Milf"?
-The girl barfs after sucking your wrinkly old dick, and it's not avoidable.
-Absolutely Meaningless choices throughout. "Look closer at a picture? yes/no" "You can't pick that choice you are a good boy not a bad boy, pick the other choice" "next / single choice" and "dialogue list (all choices are picked one after the other to continue)", "Maybe a single line of dialogue changes" are all used, and are the vast majority of choices in the current build. The ONLY choice that I found in the entire game that is meaningful out of a sea of many many many many choices that mean NOTHING is whether or not to smoke a cigarette with Liza outside as the old asian dude or to just skip that and go for the blowjob right now. If you skip the cigarette and go for the blowjob you are restricted from looking at Liza's ass for some reason and they even made a little "restricted due to previous choices" image... So if you don't smoke she won't let you look at her butt, but will still blow you?
-It jumps around from character to character to character far too much from one short scene.
-In spite of many choices, it feels like a kinetic novel and is completely linear. You have no ability to "shape and mold" any of the characters or dialogue in any meaningful way thus far.
-There is no clear overarching story or objective. We are like 5 parts in to the story now, and it's still like what the fuck am I supposed to do?
-The different story parts don't connect or don't connect well. They all stand alone parts that haven't connected to each other much yet, and often time scenes are WAY to short to be meaningful. The fact you jump characters, locations, and times so much gets the player thinking "How is this supposed to be connected?" and you bust out your "A beautiful mind" room trying to draw all these connections that don't exist... It is rather maddening.
-A complete lack of build up and explanations of relationships and how wang is getting a blowie joey from Liza. Although cute, she is just some thot and can't care about her as she has no buildup.
-Sexual content both came too easy and soon, and yet there is not enough sex in the game... Hard to nail both of these in a single game, but you did it!

The good:

-The characters sprites blink which is a nice touch, I like that small detail well done. I love that!
-The younger female models are pretty nicely made, and all the characters seem original. Can't complain there!
-Doesn't seem to have any bugs

Good luck with your game.
Firstly thanks for the feedback and advice. The game is still in its infancy and the characters and story are still being fleshed out. Some choices only serve as a reflection for what's on the pov character's mind (for now) and I'm now aware that some find it frustrating.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote