Whale_Shark

Talking Shark. Developer of Confidence Man
Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
View attachment 1492211

Please tell me these are all purposeful references to fellow HTML erotica games College Daze, Casting Director, and The Company (all of which are fan-fucking-tastic by the way).

Not for nothing, but I've also been really impressed so far. As someone who puts a premium on good writing, this game has been a real treat so far.
Yes they are deliberate references. One for Community Service too which is another one of my favorites. I'm glad you like it so far!

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Yes they are deliberate references. One for Community Service too which is another one of my favorites. I'm glad you like it so far!
Absolutely, been really enjoying it so far. I'm kinda afraid that I might be getting a reputation around here for being a shit-stirrer, because I usually only speak up to critique a game rather than laude one for really nailing it. So this is a bit of me trying to change that and take the effort to let others know when they're doing good work.

What I've played and read so far (just finished the 2nd class discussion) has been exceptional. The devil is in the details, and your game has it in spades. Like, when Brianna jumps your bones in the back of her SUV, and you mention how she braces herself on the B pillar; I knew exactly what you were talking about, and she sure as hell wasn't grabbing the A pillar. It's incidental details like those that really help flesh out a scene, and by extension the game's world, and help it feel that much more lived in.

That's not even touching the dialogue, which has been very enjoyable. On a very basic technical level, I've yet to encounter a sentence that looked or sounded wrong or out of place, nor has an incorrect there/their/they're set of my inner Grammar-Nazi. Beyond that, the dialogue itself has been downright enjoyable; laugh out loud funny at times even. Playing through a largely Empathy run, and the MC has been just that; but also very intelligent, well spoken, and insightful. That kind of writing requires effort, dedication, creativity, and no small amount of insightfulness as well. I've yet to encounter anything that came close to cracking my suspension of disbelief, let alone shatter it.

While I've yet to see the end of the current content, I already have a real good feeling that if the quality just maintains course, this will easily be on my personal Best Of/Editor's Choice short list, along the likes of Casting Director, Now & Then, and Pale Carnations.

So, yeah, keep up the good work! I have very much enjoyed my time so far, and I really don't have anything else to add except encouragement for a job very well done.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
I tried decoding the VIN for the vehicle trailing Buck. While it fits the general format, there are errors with it (the security code, year, and plant ID all being zero). However the fun thing I learned is that ZFF is the manufacturer code for Italian super-car maker Ferrari. As far as picking an inconspicuous car to follow someone with, Ferrari's are definitely one of the worst options around; they tend to really stand out in a crowd and in people's memories. ;)

Whale_Shark

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Absolutely, been really enjoying it so far. I'm kinda afraid that I might be getting a reputation around here for being a shit-stirrer, because I usually only speak up to critique a game rather than laude one for really nailing it. So this is a bit of me trying to change that and take the effort to let others know when they're doing good work.

What I've played and read so far (just finished the 2nd class discussion) has been exceptional. The devil is in the details, and your game has it in spades. Like, when Brianna jumps your bones in the back of her SUV, and you mention how she braces herself on the B pillar; I knew exactly what you were talking about, and she sure as hell wasn't grabbing the A pillar. It's incidental details like those that really help flesh out a scene, and by extension the game's world, and help it feel that much more lived in.

That's not even touching the dialogue, which has been very enjoyable. On a very basic technical level, I've yet to encounter a sentence that looked or sounded wrong or out of place, nor has an incorrect there/their/they're set of my inner Grammar-Nazi. Beyond that, the dialogue itself has been downright enjoyable; laugh out loud funny at times even. Playing through a largely Empathy run, and the MC has been just that; but also very intelligent, well spoken, and insightful. That kind of writing requires effort, dedication, creativity, and no small amount of insightfulness as well. I've yet to encounter anything that came close to cracking my suspension of disbelief, let alone shatter it.

While I've yet to see the end of the current content, I already have a real good feeling that if the quality just maintains course, this will easily be on my personal Best Of/Editor's Choice short list, along the likes of Casting Director, Now & Then, and Pale Carnations.

So, yeah, keep up the good work! I have very much enjoyed my time so far, and I really don't have anything else to add except encouragement for a job very well done.
It means a lot that you like it this much! I'm just trying to get as many people to play it as I can, so hopefully someone else can experience it the way you did. My hope is that people like the writing enough that they will go back and try out different choices just to see what happens, since they're going to get a very different experience with very different scenes/passages if they do so. Thanks again for the encouragement!

_tj.684_

Feb 9, 2021
Hey man, I absolutely LOVED :love: your game! Keep up the great work pal(y)! Hope to see some more AWESOME work from you in the coming future. I'd REALLY love to see some MORE of this game. Or of more games SIMILAR to this TYPE of game (HTML). See you in the next update :)!

Last edited:
Reactions: Whale_Shark

Whale_Shark

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Hey man, I absolutely LOVED ♥ your game! Keep up the GREAT work pal! Hope to see some more AWESOME work from you in the coming future. I'd LOVE ♥ to see some MORE of this game & of MORE games LIKE this or SIMILAR to this type of game (HTML). See you in the next UPDATE ✌!
Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor - Retired
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Dec 31, 2017
Confidence Man [Ch. 1.6] [Whale_Shark] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.

Developer:

This compression is unofficial which reduces media quality and might break the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Original HTML Size: 958 MB
Compressed HTML Size:149 MB
- - - -

Give me a "(y)like" if you enjoy this compressed version

Spiny Norman

Jul 21, 2021
Just wanted to say quickly how much I enjoy this game. Really like how the two paths both feel different and the writing is really good. A breath of fresh air. Looking forward to more.

Reactions: Whale_Shark

Maxferro

Oct 27, 2021
Omg, this game it's definitely my top 1 on character development, I really enjoy games with well written dialogues and this one does a great job getting the player on mood before the sex scenes Which I understand are few because of the devolvement phase the game is
I would definitely recommend this games if you like to take your time on meeting the characters, and getting involved in the universe in which the game unfolds

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes