Faun

Jun 11, 2017
Hordragg said:
Confidence Man [Ch. 1.4] [Whale_Shark] – Compressed

HTML Ch. 1.4 (151.9 MiB :: 926.6 MiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces video quality and may or may not break your game.

Caveat emptor.
Thanks for this!
please link it at first page...
I found it but other ppl might even be more lazy ;)
Edit:
forget what i said it is linked just in plain white normaly the color of still missing link... change that instead

Whale_Shark

Talking Shark. Developer of Confidence Man
Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
please link it at first page...
I found it but other ppl might even be more lazy ;)
Edit:
forget what i said it is linked just in plain white normaly the color of still missing link... change that instead
Oh I see. Weird I wonder why its white

EDIT: it's fixed now

Last edited:
Reactions: Faun

Whale_Shark

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
I really like this game but the saves never work its very annoying I load them up and nothing happens
I'm glad you like it. I've never had that problem with saves before. Are they browser saves or saves to disk? Maybe I caN figure out why its not working for you

HornyJohnMarston

Feb 14, 2020
I'm glad you like it. I've never had that problem with saves before. Are they browser saves or saves to disk? Maybe I caN figure out why its not working for you
saves to disk, when I try to load them I juste get a black screen for 2 seconds and then nothing happens and the saves aren't available

Whale_Shark

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
saves to disk, when I try to load them I juste get a black screen for 2 seconds and then nothing happens and the saves aren't available
that's a weird one. Haven't heard about it before. I'll see if I can figure out why it's doing that.

Robbini

Sep 29, 2017
Say i've got some saves just before chapter 2 start and some saves just at the end in version 1.2 and before the bugfixed version, what are the odds of something messing up as it so warns it might, and what would mess up ?

And would the best solution be to simply use the start of chapter 2 save from 1.2 in version 1.4 or somehow get the 1.2 bugfixed version, do chapter 2 and then start playing with 1.4 ?

Whale_Shark

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Say i've got some saves just before chapter 2 start and some saves just at the end in version 1.2 and before the bugfixed version, what are the odds of something messing up as it so warns it might, and what would mess up ?

And would the best solution be to simply use the start of chapter 2 save from 1.2 in version 1.4 or somehow get the 1.2 bugfixed version, do chapter 2 and then start playing with 1.4 ?
So the bug was that some characters' variables did not get set properly in the 1.2 update. Thus, when you get to future encounters with those characters, the game doesn't know what choices you made with them, and therefore doesn't know what scene to show you, which breaks the game. Use the save from just before the chapter 2 start, and replay from the beginning of chapter 2 (Monday in game, first class discussion) and you should be fine. If you use the non-bugfixed saves from the end of chapter 1.2 (end of Monday, in game) the game will break in 1.4.

Southron

Jun 7, 2017
So this is one of those games where because the dev is cool and active on the thread everyone feels too awkward to leak the updates early huh?
That's cool I can respect that.

Hey dev, this is my first time waiting for an update for this game since I found it, how long do you usually wait between patron and public release? No rush, just want to know so I can stop checking in daily.

Whale_Shark

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
So this is one of those games where because the dev is cool and active on the thread everyone feels too awkward to leak the updates early huh?
That's cool I can respect that.

Hey dev, this is my first time waiting for an update for this game since I found it, how long do you usually wait between patron and public release? No rush, just want to know so I can stop checking in daily.
Usually 4 or 5 days. I post the announcement on my discord when the public release is available.. Thanks for playing!

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 42 Votes