HTML Abandoned Conquer the World [v1.5] [VagueRow]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
asılbanner.png

Overview:
Our man (Enter player name here) was an ordinary person trying to salvage a future for himself in journalism, after a failed attempt at higher education. A request from the newspaper he was working as a freelancer, to check out a medical startup and their revolutionary interrogation drug started to open his eyes to a wider world. Always wanting to achieve more and written in history, he pushed these fantasies down deep in his mind as unrealistic. An encounter with a woman working at the facility changes his life, and pushes him to realize what he always wanted. Will you able to guide him in his path? What will happen to our character? Will he drown in power-lust, responsibilities and hostile plots? Or will he rise to the challenge and Conquer the World? It is up to you.​

Thread Updated: 2022-04-02
Release Date: 2022-04-02
Developer: VagueRow Development
Censored: No
Version: 1.5
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:
DOWNLOAD
All: - - - -

screenshot1.png screenshot2.png screenshot3.png

Last edited:

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
Reactions: LoneRanger11

Hegoz

Jul 28, 2019
Interesting start.

Purely about Writing, you might wanna avoid repeats more, 3rd panel :

"You were happy as a child. People discovered your strong social skills when you were a child" (proposal : younger)

"However, you came to love the town that your college situated itself. This mid size town (proposal : You can make one sentence out of these two, or reshape them, something like "However, you came to love Stanlow, this mid-size town that your college situated itself in. It had everything you wanted.") ..."

"Deciding not to return to your hometown, you started doing odd jobs and moved in with Kate after you've been kicked out of your dorm. Kate's (proposal : Her) ad for an empty room was posted in college ad page. You weren't hopeful about it but after an informal meeting with her, you got the room. (proposal : Spot)"

I personally consider that pretty important considering it's pretty text-heavy and linear so the reading part should be made a better experience for the player.
It's quick and easy things to spot, but it might be tricky to instantly know how to replace those. By looking for synonyms or how to conjugate these sentences, you'll quickly improve your English though :)

Last edited:

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
Interesting start.

Purely about Writing, you might wanna avoid repeats more, 3rd panel :

"You were happy as a child. People discovered your strong social skills when you were a child" (proposal : younger)

"However, you came to love the town that your college situated itself. This mid size town (proposal : You can make one sentence out of these two, or reshape them, something like "However, you came to love Stanlow, this mid-size town that your college situated itself in. It had everything you wanted.") ..."

"Deciding not to return to your hometown, you started doing odd jobs and moved in with Kate after you've been kicked out of your dorm. Kate's (proposal : Her) ad for an empty room was posted in college ad page. You weren't hopeful about it but after an informal meeting with her, you got the room. (proposal : Spot)"

I personally consider that pretty important considering it's pretty text-heavy and linear so the reading part should be made a better experience for the player.
It's quick and easy things to spot, but it might be tricky to instantly know how to replace those. By looking for synonyms or how to conjugate these sentences, you'll quickly improve your English though :)
Good job

telotelo

Dec 22, 2017
bug. . . bug. . . :HideThePain:
usual loop for cycling ui-bar links, i'm curious enough about their content
apparently still wip, you might want to look at it for next update
other than that fresh visual, not using the usual dialogue layout with that css box
story and passage pacing is a little bit confusing rn. . .
1 passage can varies between below an hour and few days

thx and goodluck :Kappa:

VagueRowDev

Apr 30, 2018
Hot damn I went to sleep before it went public. Thanks for the amazing response. Loneranger11 I caught both of those after I uploaded it. Video file is very easy to fix but I still don't get that color issue. Passage is fine, it is like every other one, no tags interfering with it, all the statements are closed, it works at the start? I'm still hunting for it. Hegoz thank you for your suggestions. My English writer background is in a more scientific area, so it was hammered down to my head to write simple. But I also knew HTML genre will be reading-heavy so tried to write in a more artistic sense and made errors in both of them lol. telotelo I thought about using dialogue box style but then decided to color code the dialogue. Right now it look more like a novel but if confusion persists or gets more confusing when more characters join, I will get back to it. Pacing is... interesting. My idea is to implement a weekly loop but sometimes player character doesn't have much to do other than waiting, so sometimes it just jumps few days and next week starts. Next update I will implement ways to interact with other characters, so hopefully it will make more sense.

Edit: Found the color issue. Forgot to close the color thing. :KEK:

Last edited:

rickbrook

Dec 23, 2018
FUCK THIS IS GOOD
Great concept and apart from the minor mistakes here and there and the shortness of it, this is a great preview of a solid game-to-be, if you give it regular updates.
Here's hoping.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
Hot damn I went to sleep before it went public. Thanks for the amazing response. Loneranger11 I caught both of those after I uploaded it. Video file is very easy to fix but I still don't get that color issue. Passage is fine, it is like every other one, no tags interfering with it, all the statements are closed, it works at the start? I'm still hunting for it. Hegoz thank you for your suggestions. My English writer background is in a more scientific area, so it was hammered down to my head to write simple. But I also knew HTML genre will be reading-heavy so tried to write in a more artistic sense and made errors in both of them lol. telotelo I thought about using dialogue box style but then decided to color code the dialogue. Right now it look more like a novel but if confusion persists or gets more confusing when more characters join, I will get back to it. Pacing is... interesting. My idea is to implement a weekly loop but sometimes player character doesn't have much to do other than waiting, so sometimes it just jumps few days and next week starts. Next update I will implement ways to interact with other characters, so hopefully it will make more sense.

Edit: Found the color issue. Forgot to close the color thing. :KEK:
I shall give this a try, but I am curious if you intend to upload a patched version to resolve those issues in the near future. I will wait, if so.

As for the writing - "Simple" can be fine. If you are able to write like Tolkien then, by all means, do that. However, if you stray from what feels most natural to you it will most often result in feeling more rigid and uncomfortable than it would have, had you kept it succinct. Though, he is entirely right that you should avoid repeating the same word immediately, whenever possible.
I would say the most important thing is that narrative lines always convey information, and dialogue lines always sound like how people actually converse. As long as you accomplish those things, I think you will be golden.

Last edited:
Reactions: VagueRowDev

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
... Hegoz thank you for your suggestions. My English writer background is in a more scientific area, so it was hammered down to my head to write simple. But I also knew HTML genre will be reading-heavy so tried to write in a more artistic sense and made errors in both of them lol.
With your experience of writing in English already, yours is still much better than 99% of what we see from other non-native English speakers here. There are threads here where you can ask for help with proof-reading and many will do it voluntarily.
... telotelo I thought about using dialogue box style but then decided to color code the dialogue. Right now it look more like a novel but if confusion persists or gets more confusing when more characters join, I will get back to it.
I tend to like the color coding better than some of the color combinations we see with dialogue boxes in others (yellow on bright green? Where's my eye bleach?).
I think adding a named avatar before each would work just as well, and could save you the coding of adding a full dialogue box.

Now... to be that guy: future tags?

Last edited:

VagueRowDev

Apr 30, 2018
just delete the previous one and put this in. Thanks for the proof reader idea, I knew people do that but never had the idea to ask in the forums :KEK: . Future tags are BDSM, anal, oral the usual. Corruption and probably blackmail, exhibitionism, management (maybe, most likely, I want to at least). No incest and other extreme stuff. Now I've floated NTR in patreon, I know it is a controversial subject but narratively makes sense, sending someone to gather blackmail material or to convince someone, especially if the players choice of the player character is more cold and not caring. It won't be cheating or voyeur, just using an asset, if you catch my drift. BUT even if I do it, I'll do it as a test to see peoples reaction and my own writing, AND it will always be an option, regardless of the path.

Konz83

Feb 25, 2018
Good start and interesting story. I have just one request: please, please, PLEASE avoid the twist at the ending where we find out that Ash controlled us all the time. Or, at least, make it avoidable or reversable.
I'm begging you. Seriously.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes